• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 3 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie... feels Goodman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medalion

Banned
Quoting the exact same image on the thread does not in anyway contribute anything, I get the joke, and I am capable of having a laugh but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

It's not even that great of a picture. If I have to expect that everytime there is a hot pic of Alison I am going to stop coming here altogether because this thread always has more contribution when it's about her instead of the show itself, has been that way for a long time anyways.

This is why we've lost contributors to the threads over the years, they've said as much we are creepy not just in dissecting the show, but just the lust we dedicate to the stars. And that's not even bad enough for me cuz I get she is very sexy but the fact you have to quote the same cleavage pic.

This has been a long time issue, on top of some others I've had with this thread.

I've been wanting to restore some credibility to this thread and Community so to speak by moving away from this kinda stuff, but it's a lost cause.

Slizz

The last 3 pages literally are all talk about the show and good discussions at that, with the exception of you commenting on Britta's blowfish face and the most recent twitpic of Alison on the phone with cast member Chevy Chase.

EDIT: 6 pages if you use 50 post per page. Blowfish were your words not mine, not trying to insult.

big ander

Medalion stop being sad and lame and blaming your unhappiness on community being gone on others

two things: 1) that is a great pic of alison 2) lololol at you seriously thinking that will get the thread closed hahahah

IceCold

Obviously you don't give a shit if this thread gets closed, it's always been a joke anyways

Keep quoting away

I am tired of every Community thread degenerating into an Alison Brie wankfest

I'd ask you to make an official Alison Brie |OT| thread but then I know this thread would be a ghost town

We all know you came to this thread to see a pic of her anyways.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That is a legitimately great picture of her by the way. The smile, the saturation, everything. I'm not surprised it was so popular.

I just wanted pancakes

troy-barnes-eyezoom675a0.gif

Slizz

I think we should shift focus to these gnomes and the whole class system....

KYLE!!!

Rewatched Advanced D&D today

mj1108

Looks like Comedy Central is in talks about licensing reruns of Community.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/dec/31/business/la-fi-ct-comedy-syndication-20111231
But earlier this month, the online video service Hulu announced that it was acquiring the Internet rights to "Community," which is co-produced by Sony Pictures Television and NBCUniversal. The cable channel Comedy Central, owned by Viacom Inc., also has been in talks to license reruns of "Community." That syndication deal, if consummated, could convince NBC to bring back the show, which costs about $2 million an episode to produce, for a fourth season.

gabbo

Looks like Comedy Central is in talks about licensing reruns of Community.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/dec/31/business/la-fi-ct-comedy-syndication-20111231

1. Yeah!
2. Is two million an episode a lot by comedy standards?
3. Everyone seems to want the show now that's it's on life support.

Do it!
It'll mean less reruns of Tosh.O
Also, might mean a fourth season.
But, less Tosh.O!

I wonder if this will lead to some kind of deal with networks outside the US (ie Comedy Network here) as well. CityTV doesn't reair shit.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
1. Yeah!
2. Is two million an episode a lot by comedy standards?

On network, with the large ensemble they use? Sounds about right. Its not like their budget was slashed to ribbons like Chuck after season 2, though I assume it will be it we get a 4th season.

gabbo

On network, with the large ensemble they use? Sounds about right. Its not like their budget was slashed to ribbons like Chuck after season 2, though I assume it will be it we get a 4th season.

I thought it seemed rather small. Then again, I guess scripted comedies no longer see budgets like Friends or even to a lesser extent Everybody Loves Raymond.

beat

I thought it seemed rather small. Then again, I guess scripted comedies no longer see budgets like Friends or even to a lesser extent Everybody Loves Raymond.
The six cast members of Friends were paid $75K/ep in season three. Multiply that by six and account for inflation, that's about $608K/episode in 2010 dollars just for the main cast. If anyone knows any rules of thumb for cast salary to total episode cost ratios, they should chime in now.

Just saw the pics of the cast as the characters from Animal House, Fast times at Ridgemont High and Porky's for the first time. Funny. and hot heh

so this show is dead for real. :(

is TBS or some other network going to pick it up? maybe Netflix can pick it up.

Not for real... unless you know something we don't

Currently it is just "benched" which... while not exactly good doesn't mean it is over yet.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
The six cast members of Friends were paid $75K/ep in season three. Multiply that by six and account for inflation, that's about $608K/episode in 2010 dollars just for the main cast. If anyone knows any rules of thumb for cast salary to total episode cost ratios, they should chime in now.

You should take into account Joel, Chevy, and Gillian are probably getting paid a little more than the others. Rash received a pay bump this season.

You should take into account Joel, Chevy, and Gillian are probably getting paid a little more than the others. Rash received a pay bump this season.

Chevy probably makes the most.

then Joel.

And... then I would imagine everyone else makes about the same from there on out.

Jasoco

Banned
I hope Goodman is in more than just 2 episodes in the second half of the season. I know they haven't really spent much time in the actual school or classes this season so far, but still we've only had 2 episodes with him. Let's bump it up a notch for the second half. More Goodman. More Biology teacher guy whose name I don't remember because I never watched The Wire or whatever show he was on.

gabbo

I hope Goodman is in more than just 2 episodes in the second half of the season. I know they haven't really spent much time in the actual school or classes this season so far, but still we've only had 2 episodes with him. Let's bump it up a notch for the second half. More Goodman. More Biology teacher guy whose name I don't remember because I never watched The Wire or whatever show he was on.

I think Cain is done, as they finished Biology exams (or at least had their exams for a semester), but Goodman should continue to stalk Troy and Craig until it's no longer funny (never).

What's that in/from?

BTW Would that be a reference to Marc Maron on that list?

From the comedy issue of Entertainment Weekly

Animal-House-Community_510.jpg

tumblr_ltynanOQVH1qfqzruo1_500.jpg

tumblr_ltqwcp74S81qz8vumo1_500.jpg

zue8U.jpg

My favourite is the Ridgemont High one. Not just because Alison look smoking but I think Joel looks hilarious as Sean Penn and seems to have a baggel down the front of his pantaloons.

Shaneus

Seems? I'm pretty sure he definitely *does*. Anyway, I prefer The Breakfast Club one, mainly for Britta as Bender and Abed being so obviously cast as the geek. Also, it's one of my favourite movies ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom