• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 3 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie... feels Goodman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

I know this will never happen, but could Harmon (or maybe Sony, but iunno) start a Kickstarter fund to help fund Season 4?

They wouldnt come close to raising anything significant overall, and it might come off as desperate, but it could create some good buzz for the show. They could pull it off as "hey, pay for the Season 3 DVD now and we will take that money to fund Season 4."

I would pledge $50 if it got me a copy of Season 3 on DVD as well.
I doubt this is possible. It's also not necessary since the show will get season 4 with these ratings.
Digits = Fingers.

Hopefully you get the rest from there.
Ohhhh.
Deviant.

CzarTim

I know this will never happen, but could Harmon (or maybe Sony, but iunno) start a Kickstarter fund to help fund Season 4?

They wouldnt come close to raising anything significant overall, and it might come off as desperate, but it could create some good buzz for the show. They could pull it off as "hey, pay for the Season 3 DVD now and we will take that money to fund Season 4."

I would pledge $50 if it got me a copy of Season 3 on DVD as well.

Didn't Dan recently say that $5 from 550k viewers would pay for the season or something?

annie-nathan.gif

I thought this was hilarious because (I think) it's a reference to the "Bart vs Australia" Simpsons episode where Bart accidentally lost his bullfrog (and a kangaroo picked it up and put it in its pouch).

Slizz

"So I was looking up World Record lengths and came across a record for biggest pillow fort!"

I fucking lost it when the Dean said that.

Black-Box

I enjoy having Subway on the show, like KFC. I think Community does advertisement very well, doesn't even feel forced even though they keep showing and repeating the brand name

WillyFive

It wasn't as funny as the other episodes of this season, but this was a great episode for continuity and setting up what felt like the season finale.

Slevin

Has anyone heard if they're doing a Valentine's Day episode this season? They were some of my favorites so I was looking forward to the newest one.

gabbo

Has anyone heard if they're doing a Valentine's Day episode this season? They were some of my favorites so I was looking forward to the newest one.

I guess it would depend on whether or not the newly filmed episodes take into account the hiatus (which it would seem they won't, or that sandwich shop is going to be in limbo a while).

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
What was the point of Annie sneezing then someone in the background saying "gazunteit"?
Points out Jeff's insane narcissism. This is how Jeff's mind basically worked in that situation: "Why is someone saying gazunteit when I didn't even sneeze?". Nearly everything revolves around him in his mind.

I enjoyed the first and last half but the middle didn't do it for me. Still good enough to keep watching but man is it weird. At least the Dean wasn't over the top stupid this time.

Not surprising. There's constant talk about how he doesn't fit in and people saying "oh well we gotta do [something] for Chevy," and it's always felt more passive-aggressive than jokey.

It'd be nice to have some context on the "'Fuck you, Chevy' speech in front of Chase and his wife and daughter." It's hard to see that as anything other than Dan being an asshole.

Maddog

Looks like the study group will have to part ways with their closest, oldest, craziest, most racist, oldest, elderly crazy friend. Again.

Maybe the Evil study group will murder Pierce and frame the study group for it and Season 4 will be about them trying to keep it covered up and all of them falling apart due to stress as the relentless Sgt. Ben Chang unravels this shocking conspiracy.

Never liked Chase, so good riddance. I just hope they don't substitute him with another comedy 'great' like Bill Murray.

Are you saying Bill Murray isn't legit? Anyway, if he leaves it's a good opportunity to finally fill that Hispanic niche in the group. What's Mario Lopez up to lately? (this is a joke)

Jay Sosa

Are you saying Bill Murray isn't legit? Anyway, if he leaves it's a good opportunity to finally fill that Hispanic niche in the group. What's Mario Lopez up to lately?

Absolutely. Never understood his appeal. I think he's a good actor and I obviously like some of his movies but I never saw him as a very funny comedian. I rather see Steve Martin although the racist douchebag role wouldn't fit him well at all.

Absolutely. Never understood his appeal. I think he's a good actor and I obviously like some of his movies but I never saw him as a very funny comedian. I rather see Steve Martin although the racist douchebag role wouldn't fit him well at all.

Eh, fair enough. I can't say I have as much interest in Murray himself as I do his movies, now I stop and think about it- he's just great at picking roles. Or used to be, I guess. Good actor, undoubtedly. (I've never seen his SNL stuff, so my opinion on him is probably bunk.)

But Steve Martin... Steve Martin would be amazing.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
What could posses someone to openly bash his star in front of his family with Fuck Yous? Joking or not, it's not cool. Whatever happens behind the scenes should remain that way.

I won't enjoy this show as much at all if Chase leaves.

beat

What could posses someone to openly bash his star in front of his family with Fuck Yous? Joking or not, it's not cool. Whatever happens behind the scenes should remain that way.
Yeah, as much as Chevy has earned his asshole reputation, and as much as I want to believe Harmon isn't a petulant, childish guy, this makes Harmon look really bad.

Canuck76

Banned
Was just coming to post that.
It's not a surprise, I just hope it doesn't hurt the show.

Makes sense. Pierce hasn't been as funny this season and i think that's really hurt the show as a whole. It's still quit clever, and at its best this season it's classic community mixing that with great jokes+humor.

But most times this season it's felt like Pierce is dragging the show down a bit and is just not hitting with the jokes. What has he said this season that compares to the D@D ep. "First of all gay. Second of all stupid. Third, why wasn't i invited?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom