• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 3 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie... feels Goodman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddog

Technically Pierce is dead in the evil timeline so all they have to do is jump to that one.
KuGsj.gif

Canuck76

Banned
It's so great that as soon as this show is doing well there has to be internal conflicts and crap that threaten to bring it down.

Arment

If any character had to leave I would be fine with Pierce or Shirley leaving.

But I just hope no one leaves. Harmon and Chase need to patch it up.

From what I remember, when they were almost cancelled or delayed like this season Chevy took it the hardest.

Somehow Dan Harmon looks like a bigger jerk than Chevy Chase. Impressive.

Dan has that sense of humor though. I wouldn't be surprised if his intent was to be funny, but it went the wrong way and Chevy took him seriously.

I mean that isn't something you would usually say on the final day of shooting unless it was meant to be a joke.... right?

snesfreak

Banned
Oh stop that "good riddance" crap, seriously.
I don't want the show getting fucked over because of something like this, and yes Chevy quitting WOULD fuck the show over.

I think i'd be OK with Chevy leaving. It would change the group dynamic, but i think the writers would overcome that. He is by far my least favorite character anyways.

Never cared for Pierce (or Chevy), so I'd have no problem with him leaving the show. Would of made more sense last season, but whatever.

There always seemed to be tension between Chevy and everyone else during any interviews, at least to me.

I'd really be fine with him not returning as long as the departure is handled well. Last season offered an absolutely perfect opportunity to remove him from the cast, but they got cold feet. What's the plan now, an off-screen heart attack? That's my main concern.

Black-Box

Chevy isn't really that strong a draw for the show and it would save them a bunch of money...

but because they had him leave at the end of season 2 because of how he acted, him leaving now could ruin the show if they can't come up with something about why he had to leave

CzarTim

The last time I was on set, right before they wrapped production for Season 3, Chase was even more fired up than usual, going as far as saying, "I have creative issues with this show. I always have," before comparing elements of the show to "being relegated to hell and watching 'Howdy Doody' for the rest of your life." He then added: "I can't stand sitcoms," and declared, "I probably won't be around that much longer, frankly."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/31/community-chevy-chase_n_1393823.html?ref=mostpopular

WillyFive

I don't like Bill Murray.

But I agree his replacement should be another old comedy star from a bygone age, and it should be a bigger name than Chevy, so that it doesn't come across as a downgrade.

Maybe Steve Martin?

ivysaur12

Banned
I don't like Bill Murray.

But I agree his replacement should be another old comedy star from a bygone age, and it should be a bigger name than Chevy, so that it doesn't come across as a downgrade.

Maybe Steve Martin?

That'd be good, too. But I like Bill a lot.

The bigger issue than with the Harmon feud is that Chevy's issues with the other producers. It's one thing if it's just Harmon v. Chevy. But when the entire team of producers has issues with him? Yeah, no good.

Especially now that the rest of the cast has become more relevant than Chevy is. No one is watching Community for Chevy Chase.

NYR

If he gets let go (which he probably will), I would think that NBC would bring on a big name in order to "broaden" the show.

Bill Murray would be good.

You can't get Bill Murray on the phone to do Ghostbusters, let alone a TV show. He's an Oscar nominated movie star, he would rather just play golf then come back to TV.

anaron

Pretty lame of Harmon; especially to do so in front of Chase's family.

However, knowing what a cunt IRL he's supposed to be and Pierce just generally being annoying for the past couple seasons, I really don't care if he's gone either.

ivysaur12

Banned
You can't get Bill Murray on the phone to do Ghostbusters, let alone a TV show. He's an Oscar nominated movie star, he would rather just play golf then come back to TV.

Yes and no. There are reasons why it would be good for him to do, especially to jump start this last part of his career.

It would be hard, no doubt. But this is a good time as any for NBC to swing for the fences with jump starting the show's image for a variety of reasons.

Pretty lame of Harmon; especially to do so in front of Chase's family.

However, knowing what a cunt IRL he's supposed to be and Pierce just generally being annoying for the past couple seasons, I really don't care if he's gone either.

Dude, Chevy's been giving everyone the worst time for the past 3 years. I'm surprised Harmon didn't blow up early with a little bit of alcohol involved.

Black-Box

if you look at what the next ghostbuster film is about, than you know why bill wouldn't sign a contact other than to keep that far from him

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Bill Murray, why the hell are people pulling him out their ass? I don't think he'd just come in to a TV show 4 seasons in.

Shaneus

Chevy Chase In Feud With ‘Community’ Creator Dan Harmon.

I'm surprised it took this long considering Chase's reputation.
Just read that now. Loved this comment:
i’ve heard that dan harmon steals jokes from web videos from channel 101. ever since i heard that, i have refused to watch community. also, listen to chevy chase on howard stern. chevy is not the difficult jerk he’s made out to be, and explains himself.

Comment by not a community fan — Saturday March 31, 2012 @ 1:24pm PDT
If there really is a death this season (and it hasn't been confirmed... I don't read spoilers) I'd be surprised if it wasn't Pierce. Shit, surprised he actually made it over to S3. Stupid of Harmon to bring it up in public at the wrap party, but his somewhat insecure yet aggressive behaviour is part of what makes Community so amazing. Two big personalities in one show, I'm not surprised something like this happened.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Murray's not exactly known for being super easy to work with either... I don't think they'd attempt to replace Chase with another guy with a history.

Exactly, making this whole Bill Murray thing exclusive to this thread more confusing.

gabbo

If this isn't an April Fools joke, and for whatever reason Chevy is let go (something I don't want to see happen), don't replace him. Let his character's recent senility take over, have the group put him in a home (Annie specifically), but don't bring in someone new. This way if they patch things up behind the scenes, they have an opening to bring Chase back.

They have enough characters without bringing in another one to fll the old guy/asian/latino role, and it would feel incredibly cheap, and an obvious filler for Pierce. Chang and the Dean (or perhaps a new prof or the Vice Dean) could take a larger role.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That's too bad. Any links that talk about Chevy's difficulties these past years, aside from the HuffPost one? This is the first that I've heard of any of this.

If this isn't an April Fools joke, and for whatever reason Chevy is let go (something I don't want to see happen), don't replace him. Let his character's recent senility take over, have the group put him in a home (Annie specifically), but don't bring in someone new. This way if they patch things up behind the scenes, they have an opening to bring Chase back.

They have enough characters without bringing in another one to fll the old guy/asian/latino role, and it would feel incredibly cheap, and an obvious filler for Pierce. Chang and the Dean (or perhaps a new prof or the Vice Dean) could take a larger role.

Agreed. If Pierce leaves, then I don't want a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom