• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 3 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie... feels Goodman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
I liked it. It got fucking weird, but the end result made it just fine. Not big on the laughs, but I like the character focus. It actually reminds me a little of Evangelion's final two episodes.

And just LOL Annie being Abed.

AND LOL AT THE END. HAHAHAHAHA.

gabbo

First episode in ages to really play with Troy/Britta and it didn't feel natural at all. Might have to do with the fact it was such a small segment of the episode. Hopefully it gets its own episode before they finish.

I quite enjoy the episode, even Chevy's balls.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
It was an odd episode...not sure how I felt about it. Abed is just beyond weird at this point...

Arment

Blazer tag must become a thing.

I'm with everyone who doesn't know how to feel about the episode. Not sure I like where they've taken Abed lately. They've escalated his weirdness.

Blazer tag must become a thing.

I'm with everyone who doesn't know how to feel about the episode. Not sure I like where they've taken Abed lately. They've escalated his weirdness.

I think it's about time they upped the ante. And as more time passes he should continue to be weird. It's not like he isn't learning though.

Epcott

Such a strange ep, with Abed jumping from one character to another. I like how he tried to goad Annie into expressing how she truly feels about Jeff.

It was also surprising to hear her reasoning for why she "appears" to have it for Jeff, and the funny scene with a peeping Leonard.

Overall: Episode was creepy, even weird, but tied up nicely like a hallmark card. It's strange how many episodes of this show seem to do that, now that I think about it.

It was an odd episode...not sure how I felt about it. Abed is just beyond weird at this point...

That's what happens when a group of people validate, nay, encourage a manchild's behaviours over a couple of years and let him run free with his mind.

The show finally took a proper look at what's really going on in Abed's head, after coming so close at chickening out at the last minute so many times. This episode would have been a waste if they'd messed up the ending, but they nailed it with the scene with Annie and Abed in the "locker", so it's all good.

I hope the Troy/Britta stuff is at the forefront of an episode soon. Nice of them to jump into it straight after last week, anyway- better than leaving it dangling awkwardly for a few.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
how has no one mentioned that this is a very special episode about abed?

they made fun of it in contemporary american poultry.

Lijik

Loved this episode.

I fucking lost it at the Dean's outfit and his worry that he had finally gone too far at the start of the ep

fisheyes

I didn't like it. I can't quite put my finger on why, but I really didn't. Its not just the lack of laughs (which admittedly probably didn't help matters, but I've gone through numerous episodes of Community without laughing before and they've still pulled up ok), its just the whole thing felt... off. Honestly, the one word that keeps popping into my head - and its really not a good description, but I can't get past it - is 'wanky'. It felt like the equivalent of some university film student's deep, emotional masterpiece.

For the record, I have no problem with sitcoms exploring characters, and going into heartfelt territory (one of my favourite shows is Scrubs because it used to do this so well), but this didn't feel right. I'd like to say I'll rewatch it to see if I'm missing something, but, to be honest, it feels like it would be a 21 minute long chore to do so.

And this is why I don't bother watching this show.

Yeah, only shows that are bland to the point where everybody would have the same opinion are worth your time. Like the pleasantly inoffensive music played in a McDonalds.

...Having said that, the episode was alright (first act was grating but it rebounded midway through) but the show is gradually trending in a direction I'm not crazy about. It's starting to sound very "written" again, like it tended to very early on. And the way they're trying to bring back some of the heart from earlier seasons while also pushing things to be more cartoony than ever is kind of clashing for me. Many recent episodes have seemed strangely inconsistent tonally (within the one episode) which is a problem I rarely had with the show in the past.

Quick

Banned
And this is why I don't bother watching this show.

uO3lG.gif

I know people love it but I'm very quickly getting tired of Professor Spacetime. It was a great little background reference type of thing, but it's too specific and one-note to be so prominently featured so often. I mean, I've seen all of the 05 run of Doctor Who and a good handful of old episodes so I "get" it but it's just not that amusing beyond the initial "heh it's like old cheesy DW.".

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they do a 100% Doctor Spacetime episode. They've been building it up that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom