• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Forkball

I am somewhat interested to see what they do with the Big Gold Belt now, I don't see Orton carrying around two belts.

I suppose they just get rid of it and use the current WWE title. Or maybe Triple H will have it permanently attached to his belt buckle.

I just want to say that this iteration of WrestleGAF has to be my favorite.

I would like some of my favorite old posters to drop by more often but this roster of WrestleGAF is a fun loving group.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jojo being the daughter of a former baseball player would get her some push .

WWE loves their celebrities

They might love their celebrities and all but uh I don't think you want to advertise the fact that shes the daughter of a guy on the run from the authorities because he physically assaulted somebody with a baseball bat.

strobogo

Banned
Wait, Jolene Johnson would be her name the first week. Then she'd be the Totally Diva. Then TNA would get a letter from a WWE lawyer and they'd go to The Anti-Diva. Then they'd get another letter. Then they'd have her go with no name for a few weeks before she leaves the company and pro wrestling forever.

They might love their celebrities and all but uh I don't think you want to advertise the fact that shes the daughter of a guy on the run from the authorities because he physically assaulted somebody with a baseball bat.

Sounds like a great gimmick to me.

Bbm_cPsCcAA2ize.jpg

The where she gets her " ruthless agreesion from.

That or he can be the sting if he divas division.

" look king it's JoJo in the rafters"

jmdajr

I took my friend to TLC and he pretty much hasn't watched regularly since the golden age.
He casually watched during attitude era and he did go to mania with me. Anyhow always interesting how someone like this would view the show.

He said he has a great time and really enjoyed the 4 way elimination tag team match, along with the main event, handicap matches, and even AJ's match! He did admit some of the other matches were just ok, so LOL Miz and Kofi.

No doubt we are far more picky since we watch regularly, but even those that watch here and there have a pretty good gauge of what is bad and good. He also found crowd participation to be very entertaining.

Cagey

Banned
I took my friend to TLC and he pretty much hasn't watched regularly since the golden age.
He casually watched during attitude era and he did go to mania with me. Anyhow always interesting how someone like this would view the show.

He said he has a great time and really enjoyed the 4 way elimination tag team match, along with the main event, handicap matches, and even AJ's match! He did admit some of the other matches were just ok, so LOL Miz and Kofi.

No doubt we are far more picky since we watch regularly, but even those that watch here and there have a pretty good gauge of what is bad and good. He also found crowd participation to be very entertaining.

If you didn't know much about the competitors or the purported storylines surrounding the main event, you'd find it to be a damn enjoyable match! The spots were amusing to me.

But we know too much.

The frightening thing is "knowing too much" here only means we watch or read a recap of RAW every week.

The where she gets her " ruthless agreesion from.

That or he can be the sting if he divas division.

" look king it's JoJo in the rafters"

A Crow Sting gimmick for JoJo would make her my #1 in my top 5 immediately.

Top 5 Gimmicks if I was booking WWE

1) Crow Jojo
2) Quantum Leap Daniel Bryan
3) Matt Hardy 2.0 Zack Ryder
4) Ruthless Aggression Heath Slater
5) JTG as Sin Cara

A Crow Sting gimmick for JoJo would make her my #1 in my top 5 immediately.

Top 5 Gimmicks if I was booking WWE

1) Crow Jojo
2) Quantum Leap Daniel Bryan
3) Matt Hardy 2.0 Zack Ryder
4) Ruthless Aggression Heath Slater
5) JTG as Sin Cara

I don't ever want to give you a book much less let you book

Aiii

So not worth it
So WWE is totally gonna make Bryan part of the Wyatt family right? That segment last monday was the final straw, he has to be buried as a midcard heel now, there's no other way, right?

BFIB

So WWE is totally gonna make Bryan part of the Wyatt family right? That segment last monday was the final straw, he has to be buried as a midcard heel now, there's no other way, right?

I was hoping after Kane was defeated that he would join. Turn the Wyatt initially from a creepy family vibe, but add in a cult dynamic as well. They target who their next member is, and slowly wear them down.

jmdajr

I'd like to think HEEL turn is just there to build an even more powerful face down the road, but I don't think anyone here buys it.

edit; Loved the "that was creepy" chants when Wyatt went all exorcist.

Man, if I was booking the WWE, it would be all about fun and wrestling. I'm sorry that I'm not IWAMS enough for you brah.

I want less wrestling and more Jim Fannin being a goddamn piece of shit to Jimmy Jacobs for no real reason

Seriously that cage mat with Justice Pain where Fannin basically home run swings with a baseball bat is ridiculous

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

See everybody thinks Bryan will be a heel but it will actually be a Wyatt face turn.

Orton coronation as undisputed champ tonight with Vince, Steph and HHH and then they all get beat down by the Wyatt family + DB to end the show.

But nah yeah you're right. That's DB's future.

Rapstah

The visible headlines on WWE.com right now are pretty funny. It's like:

Who won the championship match?
DANIEL BRYAN LOST
Did Punk win?
Did Big Show and Rey Mysterio win the tag match?

Ithil

The visible headlines on WWE.com right now are pretty funny. It's like:

Who won the championship match?
DANIEL BRYAN LOST
Did Punk win?
Did Big Show and Rey Mysterio win the tag match?

And yet he's going to dwarf their extra shilled champion in reactions at RAW.
It's amazing how for years now the audience has been pushing a new huge star in Bryan at the WWE nonstop, and they are still going "No we don't want him ,we've got TONS of stars, we don't need another!".

All because he's short. Grade school stuff here.

JoJo was the tiny girl that sang the anthem, right?

goddamn, AJ is a shrimp but that girl is even shrimpier. one of the divas selling her clothesline would be like Lesnar selling a Torito shoulder block.

strobogo

Banned
JoJo was the tiny girl that sang the anthem, right?

goddamn, AJ is a shrimp but that girl is even shrimpier. one of the divas selling her clothesline would be like Lesnar selling a Torito shoulder block.

I have no doubt would take a massive bump from a Torito shoulder block. He had no problem taking huge bumps from Rey.

I have no doubt would take a massive bump from a Torito shoulder block. He had no problem taking huge bumps from Rey.

oh i'm not saying he wouldn't bump for Torito, i'm just implying it would look ridiculous.

it also looked ridiculous vs Rey, but that apllies to anyone over 200 pounds who sell his offense.

strobogo

Banned
oh i'm not saying he wouldn't bump for Torito, i'm just implying it would look ridiculous.

it also looked ridiculous vs Rey, but that apllies to anyone over 200 pounds who sell his offense.

You're wrong. It looked awesome because Bork was an amazing bumper and made everyone look credible against him despite being a monster.

Some random gifs from the wXw / CZW / BJW World Triangle League...

Daisuke Sekimoto;

iQp08jdC33wEE.gif

Jonathan Gresham;

ib0JwjNnoTB7Mz.gif

Big Van Walter;

ibjoiCU6ICWlwi.gif

Good show so far, great line-up of talent and if you're a fan of tournaments this is definitely worth a watch - you can buy all 4 nights to download for $35 or individually for $10 over at; https://vimeo.com/ondemand/wxwwtl2013

Xater

So we are not even getting a new belt?

Also they really need to unify the intercontinental and the US title. Sure the Shield is fuding but there is nothing happening with that title Ambrose apparently still has.

You're wrong. It looked awesome because Bork was an amazing bumper and made everyone look credible against him despite being a monster.

i'm not a fan, at all, of smaller guys taking down bigger guys with strikes and impact moves. i'd have an easier time buying a guy like Rey sneaking a toehold or a heel hook sub on Lesnar than using 50 thigh kicks to bring him down to his knees.

as bonus, here's a shoot Bryan vs Great Khali match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv7JUOYCIik

jmdajr

So we are not even getting a new belt?

Also they really need to unify the intercontinental and the US title. Sure the Shield is fuding but there is nothing happening with that title Ambrose apparently still has.

Not sure kinda odd on that deal..

Yes I do hope U.S. belt gets absorbed.

Their page for the WWE Championship is now about it being called the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. I think they're just getting rid of the World Heavyweight Championship.

Gotta love this:

At WWE TLC on Dec. 15, 2013, WWE Champion Randy Orton defeated World Heavyweight Champion John Cena to unify the two titles, melding the two most vital championship lineages in all of sports-entertainment and creating the WWE World Heavyweight Title.

A lineage dating back to 2002 is one of the 'most vital"? C'mon man!

Top Bottom