• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Xater

CM Punk isn't a thing.

87692183db2df6e4b2ababkrih.jpg

What thing? Michelle Beadle? AJ being crazy? aJ and Lita video?

This drawing that was just posted.

The latest PROGRESS show is available for download on their payloadz store - you can buy the full show in 1080p for $16 or individual matches for $3. I'd highly recommend the Mark Andrews vs Paul Robinson match if you want to see some great British jr. heavyweight wrestling.

http://store.payloadz.com/results/results.aspx?m=237649

Adam cole is so good .

Future superstar . Next HBK

I know, right? Dude is flat-out amazing in the ring and his heel persona has come a long way - I've been saying for a while that this guy's the future, I have no doubt he'll end up in WWE one day.

Bryan was main eventing for most of that time, and you still thought it was horrible. It doesn't matter who's main eventing. The foundation of the show is just terrible.

Hardly main evented. Yes, he was in the title matches but the storyline was trash. Not saying giving Bryan is going to fix shit. But if he wins the Rumble with a SERIOUS storyline, past 4 months can be forgiven. But we'll see. My only hope is they didn't want to waste good stories on c-tier ppv's.

Hey, what about Tama and Fale? They're both Tongan.

More like, "gaijins only".

Also, is this actual news, or just Karl Anderson working people on twitter? Because AJ Styles vs Kota Ibushi would be a match I'd like to see.

notice how Tama and Fale never are allowed to speak. Shame on that establishment.

Probably Anderson working people but I see Styles as needing it.

AJ could be great in NJPW, I always enjoy his actual matches. Suck the storyline out of it, leave it in the ring? A+ work. Also the portal to Outworld is closing and I will depart again.

strobogo

Banned
notice how Tama and Fale never are allowed to speak. Shame on that establishment.

Probably Anderson working people but I see Styles as needing it.

AJ could be great in NJPW, I always enjoy his actual matches. Suck the storyline out of it, leave it in the ring? A+ work. Also the portal to Outworld is closing and I will depart again.

irSEuUjQA6KpL.gif

krae_man

Is that supposed to be Lita in the first panel, I thought it was Edge cause the drawing is so shitty. Also why would AJ want Punk to call her Lita? Does that make Punk, Edge?

Lita and Punk dated and if I remember correctly, Beth got jealous of Punk and Lita didn't she?

:( Ah well, it's probably for the best. There are some nefarious characters around these parts I wouldn't trust.

Also, before you disappear into the aether, what did you make of that fucking AJ drama yesterday? Easily wins the award for "Most Tedious Backstage Drama of 2013".

Did AJ do some more "is he hired or isn't he" shit again for TNA? Or are you referring to the petite AJ?

I feel bad for Styles as he can continue wrestling but his shelf life is limited. Dude works a style that wears you down, and he can't have too much time left, unfortunately.

AJ Lee and CM Punk bullshit is fucking BLARGHHHHHHH PLEASE PEOPLE LET IT GO NOBODY SHOULD CARE :(

Total Divas finale was off the fucking TANK though, goddamn Natty ready to ride with no underwear! CRAZY SHIT.

Oh no the portal is closing

mEFrzYv.jpg

Ithil

I think you've lost your damn mind

The locker room is not Tumblr

Batista allegedly put up pictures from a diva's (possibly Micke James') nude shoot all over the locker room once.
And people in a workplace trading around a funny picture? Never heard of such a thing.

Aiii

So not worth it
Do you think AJ lost Diva of the year because female fans hate her?

Judging by Tumblr, female fans love the shit out of AJ.

She's a heel though, and the marks always vote for the faces regardless of the option. Want an example? THE MATCH OF THE YEAR IS JOHN CENA VS THE ROCK AT MANIA!

Ugh.

strobogo

Banned
Total Divas is boss. I really hope Vinny got some cookie. Dude has it rough and gets nothing out of it. Cameron embarrasses him in public on the reg, is mean as fuck to him, and won't put out. Poor dude. I know he's more alpha than that. He should jump to TNA.

Judging by Tumblr, female fans love the shit out of AJ.

She's a heel though, and the marks always vote for the faces regardless of the option. Want an example? THE MATCH OF THE YEAR IS JOHN CENA VS THE ROCK AT MANIA!

Ugh.

Andre vs Hogan was the best match at Mania 3, not Steamboat/Savage.

Cena/Rock is the best match of the year this year, not Punk/Lesnar

matches that drew the most money = best

Ithil

The joke in the comic is adequate, but the real insult there is the terrible artwork. That the art equivalent of Punk's Macho Man elbow.

Allowing the Bella twins to enter the diva of the year contest as a single entity was bullshit. Maybe if they learned the fusion dance or whatever then I'd be okay with Nibrie Bella winning, but they don't have that power.

Kaladin

I'm tempted to give ROH a shot with Final Battle after not watching for a long time......

**MAIN EVENT - ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TRIPLE THREAT MATCH**
ROH World Champion Adam Cole vs "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs Self Proclaimed REAL World Champion Jay Briscoe

ROH World TV Championship Match
ROH World TV Champion, Matt Taven w/ Truth Martini vs "The Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa

ROH World Tag Team Championship
reDragon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) defend against Outlaw Inc (Homicide & Eddie Kingston)

Stretcher Match - Loser Must Stop Using The Piledriver
"Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen vs Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis

Special Tag Team Match
Roderick Strong & Jay Lethal vs "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards & a Mystery Partner

Tag Team Attraction
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Team Champions, The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) vs Adrenaline Rush (ACH & Tadarius Thomas)

Strap Match
Mark Briscoe vs Silas Young

Special Challenge Match
Matt Hardy vs Adam Page

Seems like a decent card.

Aiii

So not worth it
Allowing the Bella twins to enter the diva of the year contest as a single entity was bullshit. Maybe if they learned the fusion dance or whatever then I'd be okay with Nibrie Bella winning, but they don't have that power.

I used to think they were interchangable, but Brie is actually a nice girl in real life (maybe it's Bryan changing her, I don't know), while her sister is one of those shitty popular girls from back in high school everyone secretly hated.

jmdajr

So I just listened to this random dude ramble 10 minutes why the Bella deserves to win. Before you discredit him he took the time to bash Kofi as a mid card guy, so that deserves some respect right?

So if it come down simply to exposure, no doubt Bellas got a ton of it.

I like how he said AJ Lee pipebomb was a bomb only because the Bellas were on the receiving end of it. Of off anyone else it would have fallen on deaf hears.

Well maybe.

WWE Slammy Awards 2013 - Why The Bella Twins Deserve to Win Diva of the Year 2013 as much as AJ Lee

bjork

First thing I'd do if I had the book would be to give Kofi Kingston the Papa Shango gimmick.

I'd change Bad News Barrett to be like Bad News Brown, since that's what I thought it was when I first heard of it.

Lancashire Sewer Rats, rename the Ghetto Blaster something like On the Dole

Ithil

So I just listened to this random dude ramble 10 minutes why the Bella deserves to win. Before you discredit him he took the time to bash Kofi as a mid card guy, so that deserves some respect right?

So if it come down simply to exposure, no doubt Bellas got a ton of it.

I like how he said AJ Lee pipebomb was a bomb only because the Bellas were on the receiving end of it. Of off anyone else it would have fallen on deaf hears.

Well maybe.

WWE Slammy Awards 2013 - Why The Bella Twins Deserve to Win Diva of the Year 2013 as much as AJ Lee
Problem to me, is they are only getting exposure "by default". Anyone put in the spot they are for Total Divas would get just as much, or even a lot more, given the Bellas are anti-entertainment and someone actually talented as the centerpiece of Total Divas would probably get a lot more over.

Cagey

Banned
How was Outlaw Inc. vs ReDragon

I heard it was awful.

Oh it was brutal.

EDIT: Sorry, the match was so terrible that I just gave a review of the Edwards/Whitmer v. Lethal/Strong match (copied below) instead. Nothing happened in Outlaw v. ReDragon. Nothing. It made Main Event look like Wrestlemania. Outlaw Inc. blew up after the match because the crowd took a colossal shit on the whole thing. I assume in a worked-shoot manner: some poor fat guy had slightly-less-fat Eddie Kingston run up in his grill after the match. The guy in the Bruins hat looked ready to attack but he didn't seem to know fully if it was a work or not. Happened right below me.

Edwards/Whitmer v. Lethal/Strong: Crowd was so dead that I heard at least three people shout "AND THE CROWD GOES MILD", demonstrating the deadness of the crowd and the overuse of that joke. It was a bad shoot match with some of the annoying elements that Bootaay mentioned earlier (indie tag teams and the art of the no-sell) with no real memorable spots and overuse of the tag-team Kick to the Head + Then Do Your Move spot.

We spent most of that match trying to figure out why we were supposed to care about the match, discussing what WWE star would be the best for ROH from a booking standpoint (unanimous answer: Mark Henry as a monster... tho he might have to shoot attempt to crush a child in the ring to get heat), then a long discussion about Andre the Giant.

Top Bottom