• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

G-Fex

JHxmBFJ.jpg

Past squeeze and future squeeze

good job CM

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Another thing is

If DB has the title now, what would he be doing a year from now??

If you're sick of Cena always in the title picture, DB would be worse.

He could end up like Punk and be in some random ass storyline that he'd be stuck in 6 months to get him out of the title picture.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Oh yeah, he's going to be so over with the people that buy merch and pay for PPVs now that he's with the heel stable that children don't like. So very over with kids that buy action figures and shit.

See, I want to see Daniel Bryan wrestle. But I can see him do that anywhere if he was to get fired. I would like to see the WWE make smart business decisions so they can continue to be profitable and successful so I can see the best produced wrestling content.

Tell me, is it a bad thing to want WWE to take advantage of their hottest babyface since CM Punk's pipebomb and turn him heel? To want him to have consistently great main event matches that people want to see?

Nahhh, let's just get more Big Show and other old fucks that haven't changed in years in that title picture. That'll do gangbusters.
How do you know he's turning heel? It seemed pretty obvious that he would be turning back on Wyatt. Honestly, it just seems like they're doing what the Kane/Wyatt feud was going to be only with Bryan.

Joeki11a

Banned
So how do you go forward with this group though? You can't make Bryan a complete tool follower like the other 2 or else you do end up with the new Dolph Ziggler of meaningless. Will they have Bryan/Bray be equals fighting for the same goal? If that is the case, maybe this can work. However, for a company that won't turn Cena because of Merch Sales, why is it so easy to fuck with Bryan who is one of the top merchandise movers as well? I've put up with the weekly "Fuck Daniel Bryan" segments for months hoping for the payoff with a rumble win and WM main event, does this mean I can just give up on this shit now?

What are you talking about? Thats the whole point he is a tool now. "I am yours"

Get your illusions of bryan being king of wwe out of here, DB is there to HELP them get over, the plan is for them! The angle is about them and to enhance them and take them to another level.

Harper still works pretty stiff bearing in mind he's been in the WWE for a while now, busted Rhodes open with punch the other week.

Also it occurred to me that Harper's only been allowed to do his massive powerbombs/lariats to Bryan so far, either someone's got it in for him or Bryan loves to put over another Indy guy :p

I think a lot of guys base how stiff they work on how comfortable their opponents are with it. I remember Bryan said he liked working with Shamus because he was okay with them both laying into each other.

How do you know he's turning heel? It seemed pretty obvious that he would be turning back on Wyatt. Honestly, it just seems like they're doing what the Kane/Wyatt feud was going to be only with Bryan.

Exactly. Him joining the Wyatts is gonna make people want the old Bryan back and thus make him more over than ever. Unless of course they fuck it up and have him really just go full heel and call everybody in the arena sheep or something.

KissVibes

Banned

Did that actually have a resolution or did Kane just show up one night and pledge his allegiance to Steph?

Joeki11a

Banned
I think a lot of guys base how stiff they work on how comfortable their opponents are with it. I remember Bryan said he liked working with Shamus because he was okay with them both laying into each other.

What happen to Shameass he needs to return as a normal guy, his Character is silly now that people like Brock,Batista are back

What if the Wyatt Family attacking Bryan and yelling "the Machine made me do it" is a way for the Bray to actually make Bryan see that the only way he would be able to defeat said "Machine" (which is the Authority) is by joining their "family"?

I mean, it is obvious that Bryan alone will not be able to face the challenges that the Authority poses to him, so Bray saw this and realized that the only way for Bryan to actually have a chance to defeat and finally win his Title again is by joining forces with them. If I recall correctly, there has never been mentioned anywhere that the Wyatts are actually heels or faces, they basically choose whomever they want to attack for their reasons and theirs alone. Maybe the Wyatts were never a heel group to begin with, and they just see things for what they are (and they have a most weird way of conveying their message in the way......... )

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The moment the Wyatt family goes face is the moment Cole, Lawler and JBL start cackling and laying into them with dopey jokes.

Got this idea from Reedit but,

What if Kane turns out to be a mole inside the Authority and was in cahoots with the Wyatts as well...... dang that would be so awesome.

KissVibes

Banned
The latter. So many things they could have done and they went the blandest route possible for their longest-running character. Kind of sad and very disappointing.

See? BUT NO WAIT GUYS, WWE HAS A PLAN! BRAY AND DEM BOYS WERE FACES THE ENTIRE TIME!

They couldn't even wrap up the Daniel Bryan was working in cahoots with Road Doggs brother to screw Orton angle.

Or the Big Show vs Triple H angle.

Or keeping the history of both titles straight and having to repeatedly change the story every episode.

What if Kane turns out to be a mole inside the Authority...... dang that would be so awesome.

And what if Paul Heyman is having Brock win the belt so he can pull a finger poke of doom and let Bryan just have the fucking thing?

Or what if Punk is The Devil Bray talked about and had The Family break Bryan to keep him out of the title picture? That way Punk could actually have a shot at it, since the only wrestler he sees as being better than him is Bryan.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

What if Kane turns out to be a mole inside the Authority and was in cahoots with the Wyatts as well...... dang that would be so awesome.

Something like this is unlikely but certainly possible though as SoulPlaya will certainly tell you they probably want Kane to be a monster heel again before too long for promotional reasons.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That was a good RAW WWE should do more shows with a third of their roster more often
It's weird how it didn't feel like it was trying to bounce from segment to segment in a rush, there was actually room for each segment to breathe. Still, I think it's weird that it takes 3 hours to accomplish that.

Seriously shows how much of the roster is dead weight

Its not that their dead weight its that they try to fit everybody on the show with squash matches, horrible backstage segments. This one was more wrestling oriented still had filler and things like that but it was overall more enjoyable

"Is he a heel" talk makes me feel like some people have never seen pro wrestling before.

They're going to have Bryan wrestle while the Wyatts look on and Bryan will look at them then look at the crowd then look back at them and do what they tell him until Bryan finally listens to the fans again one day.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
iirc, Miz was pulled off the Toronto show to be on Raw tonight and he didn't even get on tv.

Ithil

She's so ridiculously terrible that it somehow nullifies any attractiveness she should have. That and the shitty hair dye and orange tan.

The ending of RAW was pretty rad, it was a main event where Bryan acknowledges they're not pushing him despite being the most over guy on the roster after he took out two big men and protected him with a DQ finish so I fail to see how they're burying him. Will be interesting to see where they take it and at the very least Bryan will get to play a character who isn't a generic babyface.

Top Bottom