• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
It's over. He's going to be jobbing to Ryback within the next 4-5 weeks. It's done. Any hope for our Dbry getting the reigns is over. This was all done to get him back down to midcard status because he was TOO over. How fucking ridiculous is that.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I can say this now because nobody checks GAF for news:

The Wyatts/Shield is penciled in for Mania then the Shield breaks up the night after

I assumed that match was coming.

The thing about the Wyatts is that the Wyatts as a faction can go against anybody. They're a creepy cult, so they can fight faces, but they're anti-establishment so they can fight heels.

I would assume that we will have Wyatts vs. Shield (because they work for the Authority) and Bryan vs Punk (because join us, fight the system Punk) on at least one PPV.

somedevil

The real silly thing is all of this stems from...Vince personally thinks Bryan is too short for his liking. All of it is based on Vince's "I don't want to see him on a poster personally, so that's that" thing.

I think that's why he doesn't have the title but they gave him 40 minutes tonight. Also, this angle has good ideas but like everyone else says I can't trust the writers.

This angle could them being anti authority, it could last to Royal Rumble. Whatever happens they got peoples attention.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
The real silly thing is all of this stems from...Vince personally thinks Bryan is too short for his liking. All of it is based on Vince's "I don't want to see him on a poster personally, so that's that" thing.

that's not true

Vince likes Daniel Bryan and asks the writers what are the plans are for him every show.

Remember, Cena was over as a heel and his transition to a face for a year before he got in the title picture.

I'm 50/50 on the finish, there was some really neat performances but it got weird at points. There's a lot of possibilities opened up but I don't have too much faith that they can follow through on this, hope it's not a drop deal like Big Show in the poor house. At least there was a reason for Bryan nearly killing himself for 25 minutes. If we can get evil head kicked in heel Bryan it'll be a good deal.

Ithil

that's not true

Vince likes Daniel Bryan and asks the writers what are the plans are for him every show.

Remember, Cena was over as a heel and his transition to a face for a year before he got in the title picture.

Of course he likes Bryan, that's why Bryan is all over the show. But he doesn't see Bryan as main event talent, despite all evidence to the contrary, which is the problem.

that's not true

I mean I heard that on the Bauer & Pollock podcast but that was during the build to Summerslam. The amount of times Vince can change his mind on the fly is something he is notorious for. Like an 8 year old being bored with his toys and wanting the new one. (Bad metaphor because LOL CENA)

Bryan just hasn't paid his "dues" yet, he hasn't even gotten beat by HHH on PPV yet. In a year or two they will give him the WWE title for a year while Cena headlines the PPVs without the title.

Joeki11a

Banned

He isnt a big name

Nobody knows who the hell he is

Put his face next to Brock Lesnar in a billboard for WM, who you think will gather the most attention?.

DB is nothing in this "wwe realm", he isnt bigger than life, he is for vince a bad memory of Chris Benoit, he isnt going to push a guy that resembles Benoit ever again.

jobber

If VInce didn't like DB, he wouldn't be in the main event almost every week. He'd be stuck in tag team hell or chasing the IC title like Dolph.

KissVibes

Banned
that's not true

What is your proof for this?

For MONTHS he got fucked by the authority, then got dropped into a feud with The Wyatt Family that Punk was kinda in too. Punk got pulled out of that, to put over Reigns in a big way and apparently face Triple H at WM30.

Now Bryan has joined some mid-card stable of weirdos...to do what? Face the PTP for #1 contendership of the tag titles?

If VInce didn't like DB, he wouldn't be in the main event almost every week. He'd be stuck in tag team hell or chasing the IC title like Dolph.

Or maybe they've been stringing people along to bleed the merch well dry and are now hoping he fades into obscurity.

If Vince liked Bryan and listened to the pops he's been getting that have gotten louder and louder each RAW for TWO FUCKING YEARS, he wouldn't have looked shitty for so long. Especially when Big Show got his spot right after and got to look dominant AND tried to steal Bryan's chant.

charsace

The only way to salvage this is if Bryan is doing all of this to win the belt and ends up being the American Dragon, biggest tweener in the company. Because if WWE is going towards tweeners like rumors say, the American Dragon is made for it.

Court Bauer said this on his podcast over 2 months ago right after he lost the title to Orton.

He has friends on the creative staff that tell him shit.

After Hell in a Cell? Because if he asked what was in store for Daniel Bryan and all we get is him getting his ass handed to week-in and week-out then that is a poor argument that Vince is into Bryan at all and just wants to see him get punished.

Just imagine Wyatts tearing down the machine by taking out the Shield. It would be glorious.

TL21xx

Banned
JANUARY WRASSLIN' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

We have a winner!

Jeez that ending was painful. Could it lead to something phenomenal? Sure. But I'd say the ODDS are in favor of this going sour really fast. Next week is going to be very interesting to say the least.

Gut reaction? I'm pissed, want Vince's head and the reigns given over to King Haitch already. Hopefully next week can shock and amaze me, but I'm not betting on it.

Ithil

He isnt a big name

Nobody knows who the hell he is

Put his face next to Brock Lesnar in a billboard for WM, who you think will gather the most attention?.

DB is nothing in this "wwe realm", he isnt bigger than life, he is for vince a bad memory of Chris Benoit, he isnt going to push a guy that resembles Benoit ever again.

He isn't a big name because Vince won't push him as a main event guy on account of his height. Is he supposed to become a household name BEFORE he gets to main event?

This post makes zero sense. Despite his lack of a main event push, he is the WWE's most universally over face. That should tell you all you need to know. He does that without a main event push, imagine what he'd do with a Cena push.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm legit shook.

I enjoyed this entire RAW from top to bottom. The fucking New Years Special.

Summer Rae's dress was so good. All the matches (even another mega diva tag match) were enjoyable.

Fuck I think I even liked the Bad News Barrett section.

Stan Hansen would be proud

tumblr_mynkikzHtP1srbyoyo1_400.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm legit shook.

I enjoyed this entire RAW from top to bottom. The fucking New Years Special.

Summer Rae's dress was so good. All the matches (even another mega diva tag match) were enjoyable.

Fuck I think I even liked the Bad News Barrett section.

It was great!

The whole segment was so stupid.

Joeki11a

Banned

He loves to hate him, he was laughing his ass off at WM 8 seconds thing, the HHH
Screw, theHBk screw, Vince amuses himself by booking his worker Danielson to look bad.

sephi22

For MONTHS he got fucked by the authority, then got dropped into a feud with The Wyatt Family that Punk was kinda in too. Punk got pulled out of that, to put over Reigns in a big way and apparently face Triple H at WM30.

Now Bryan has joined some mid-card stable of weirdos...to do what? Face the PTP for #1 contendership of the tag titles?
Wow y'all are some marks.
By getting fucked over by the authority, Bryan can claim to be a 2-time WWE champion, even if his reign lasted a day.
Also, he gets the most screen time out of any wrestler week-in and week-out. His YES/NO gimmick is just that, a gimmick. His sarcastic way of speaking on the mic has been stale for months and this adds more dimension to his character.

He'll be even more over now because he's aligned himself with a stable that the smarks like already. And even more so when he either breaks the machine with the Wyatts and then the Wyatts themselves. This is the most interesting Bryan's been in months.

So what does the extended family do now?

They could go after the shield..but that boat seems to have sailed due to Punk.

So umm...The Great Kahli? 3MB?

jobber

After Hell in a Cell? Because if he asked what was in store for Daniel Bryan and all we get is him getting his ass handed to week-in and week-out then that is a poor argument that Vince is into Bryan at all and just wants to see him get punished.

Just imagine Wyatts tearing down the machine by taking out the Shield. It would be glorious.

Vince doesn't like for people to get over without his approval.
See Zack Ryder and Dolph Ziggler

and he wouldn't be making him merch
Yep

What is your proof for this?

I think this was the episode
http://fightnetwork.com/news/41715:sept.-26-edition-of-bauer-pollock/

Dthomp

So how do you go forward with this group though? You can't make Bryan a complete tool follower like the other 2 or else you do end up with the new Dolph Ziggler of meaningless. Will they have Bryan/Bray be equals fighting for the same goal? If that is the case, maybe this can work. However, for a company that won't turn Cena because of Merch Sales, why is it so easy to fuck with Bryan who is one of the top merchandise movers as well? I've put up with the weekly "Fuck Daniel Bryan" segments for months hoping for the payoff with a rumble win and WM main event, does this mean I can just give up on this shit now?

The internet thinks this is a burial because people enjoy the fact that they can write Raw better (which is true sometimes). The fact is they weren't ready for this big ass push created by the fans for D Bry. They needed to put themselves in a situation where they felt comfortable pushing this guy. Of course this is my opinion.

I'm fine with this. Not sure how long he associates himself with the Wyatts, but eventually this'll lead to something big aka bringing down the authority and all that good stuff.

Showaddy

Stan Hansen would be proud

tumblr_mynkikzHtP1srbyoyo1_400.gif

Harper still works pretty stiff bearing in mind he's been in the WWE for a while now, busted Rhodes open with punch the other week.

Also it occurred to me that Harper's only been allowed to do his massive powerbombs/lariats to Bryan so far, either someone's got it in for him or Bryan loves to put over another Indy guy :p

ghostmind

Have them jettison Rowan, and have Bryan and Harper become a dominant tag team. That will keep Bryan busy actually doing something than being beat down by the Authority, while they do whatever they are going to do with Cena/Orton/Lesnar/Batista for the World Title.

Joeki11a

Banned
So what does the extended family do now?

They could go after the shield..but that boat seems to have sailed due to Punk.

So umm...The Great Kahli? 3MB?

The story will be about them making DB suffer, not them dominating and taking all titles ect

They are soul breakers, look what happen to Kane, the end of beared bryan will come out of this.

KissVibes

Banned
Wow y'all are some marks.
By getting fucked over by the authority, Bryan can claim to be a 2-time WWE champion, even if his reign lasted a day.
Also, he gets the most screen time out of any wrestler week-in and week-out. His YES/NO gimmick is just that, a gimmick. His sarcastic way of speaking on the mic has been stale for months and this adds more dimension to his character.

He'll be even more over now because he's aligned himself with a stable that the smarks like already. And even more so when he either breaks the machine with the Wyatts and then the Wyatts themselves. This is the most interesting Bryan's been in months.

Oh yeah, he's going to be so over with the people that buy merch and pay for PPVs now that he's with the heel stable that children don't like. So very over with kids that buy action figures and shit.

See, I want to see Daniel Bryan wrestle. But I can see him do that anywhere if he was to get fired. I would like to see the WWE make smart business decisions so they can continue to be profitable and successful so I can see the best produced wrestling content.

Tell me, is it a bad thing to want WWE to take advantage of their hottest babyface since CM Punk's pipebomb and turn him heel? To want him to have consistently great main event matches that people want to see?

Nahhh, let's just get more Big Show and other old fucks that haven't changed in years in that title picture. That'll do gangbusters.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Of course he likes Bryan, that's why Bryan is all over the show. But he doesn't see Bryan as main event talent, despite all evidence to the contrary, which is the problem.
He was all over the main event for the latter half of the year. That doesn't happen without Vince.

People, what is wrong with you? I know it'll suck, but you guys are pissed about this? Bryan will be turning back against Wyatt in the next few weeks. At least this adds another level to the storyline besides just Bryan getting beat down by the Wyats.

Top Bottom