• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny pre-order materials leak [Up3: Box Art/Info, 360/PS3, Retailer Says Oct 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

thcsquad

many people condemn activision too hard.
iirc, bizarre said that they had complete freedom for a project and that project was blur.

i can imagine, that sony, nintendo and mircosoft are more harsh with their studios to catch up mainstream genres or to expand genres.

I don't think you understand Activision's brand of pressure. Companies usually get a decent amount of freedom to develop new concepts, with the hope that the creativity of the studio will turn into something milkable. If Blur had succeeded, you bet your ass the creative freedom would have been gone for Blur 2.

Activision also focuses many studios on their profitable projects. Sony may have closed a couple studios in the last few years, but they still have umpteen studios working on different things, while Activision has a ridiculous proportion of their studios cranking out Call of Duty.

With that said, Bungie has way too much clout for this to really harm Destiny. I'd like to believe that Activision will continue to let Bundie dictate the direction as the franchise goes on. I'm sure they view the investment as "invest x million dollars a year, forget about it, get ridiculous amount of profit over 10 years".

eso76

Hmm..the Titan reminds me of something but I can't quite put my finger on it :p

So 2 hours ? Unfortunately I'll be away by then, stranded with no internet until tomorrow.

Sai-kun

Banned
Baby please, Titan Class is Best Class

nicki.gif

KppitNY.gif

You chose the wrong class. See you in hell. xoxo

JimiNutz

Banned
I want a fast, agile class that uses melee or close quarters combat. Hunter seems more like a stealthy sniper, I want something that is quick and agile but kills close instead of from a distance.

Stark

Banned
Hunter is best.

Was this posted? IGN analyzes Destiny concept art. Stuff which haven't been shown yet. Yep. Pretty cool stuff! (And official stuff. God damnit I am excited) The video confirms that Destiny will be coming out on Xbox 360, PS3 and future technology. It is an "always connected" game but you can play it solo too.

Edit.: Three classes: Hunter, Traveler(can use magic), Titan.

Sweet. With Future Tech up in the air. I'm hopeful and probably next-gen is also multi-platform.

I really hope they go balls out on the next gen versions, even if they are going to focus on ps360 for obvious reasons.

Since there's no pc version, ps420 versions have to be something else.

Woorloog

Banned
boltshot as a backup. i'm frothing

Boltshot for a sniper? What the... who does that?
DMR and Sniper is much better. Or rocket launcher.

Of course i haven't played Halo 4 for some weeks, not having Gold so i don't know the current style...

Anyway, on Destiny's classes, i want something powerful and sturdy. A walking tank.
Or maybe Warlock, if they're anything like WoW's warlocks. Love that class.

RoKKeR

Always connected? This is an MMO FPS? The speculation behind Blizzards Titan project is also a MMO FPS....
We don't know what it is.

Jesus people, two more hours. It's not a straight up MMO in the traditional sense of the genre. It has elements of an MMO in its universe but really, we don't know how it will work yet.

Its great art. . .the game just needs to look fuck awesome too.

I'm not a Halo fan by any stretch of the imagination so I really want to see how this looks and plays.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Space Mage erryday. Burn some aliens to fucking cinder. As I said in the other thread, it would be killer if they introduced advanced classes that branch off from these three to make your character even more unique.

derFeef

Space Mage erryday. Burn some aliens to fucking cinder. As I said in the other thread, it would be killer if they introduced advanced classes that branch off from these three to make your character even more unique.

Oh yeah I hope the customization is really extensive. Skill- and lookwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom