• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny pre-order materials leak [Up3: Box Art/Info, 360/PS3, Retailer Says Oct 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you do it, you activate the node and that's it?

Activating the node helps fill out the image which gives us our next clue on how to proceed. It seems like we're going to need to combine today's result with previous days... Keep it active as the globe spins.

Right now it looks like we have some of the figures used as passwords as well as the numbers 1, 4, and 7.

Zaventem

The retailer says oct 6 and this thread says next gen consoles might ship in September.I know retailer dates tend to be placeholders but goddamn i'm really thinking that's the specific date and it's getting me hyped as fuck.

Raide

I am sure Bungie don't want to miss out on all those 360 and PS3 users but I will be holding out for the 720 version. I don't want their crazy vision and scope being marred by ageing tech.

That inside look at Bungie Studios makes it sound like they think Destiny is the beginning of a whole new era of gaming. It is strange that they would make such an ambitious title cross-generational. I will hold my judgement until I see the game, but I sort of wish they would save it for next-gen consoles.

yeah I'm very curious about the gun play. i think the fact we're gonna be playing sifi knights that use guns is bad ass. the weapon designs could be so intricate.

also, how can any of you still not think this will be released on the next gen consoles as well as the old ones. there is no way they would have this only come out on the old ones just to split people up depending on wether or not they want to move on to the new hardware.

10 am PST is the reveal. So any clock is now a countdown. :p

Crashing now. That "kid on Christmas Eve" feeling is going strong right now, big time.

This is made all the more fun because I really have no idea what to expect. Either from the game, or in terms of content tomorrow. Hoping to hear some of Marty's new work, get a sense for the scale of the game, and how single player and co-op interact.

There may be a little something up earlier than that. :)

imjust1n

Banned
Went to my local gamestop and mentioned that this got leaked and at first my buddy there was hesitant about talking about the game then he was like

Yea we have box's of these in the back that was probably from a gamestop.... You gamestop employees can't wait to share stuff lol.

Hey from what I've heard it sounds like a cool game ill pre order today since they can put it up now.

kami_sama

I've been listening to the song in the website and I LOVE it!

I still hope for a PC release :(

I'm using the wallpaper from the website right now :p

Wow dude haha you are really flipping out in the IRC

The music is martylicious.

Hey look at my avatar.

Look at the shape of the circles in the wallpaper. OH BUNGIE YOU'RE THE BEST

the_city_wallpaper_1366.jpg

Marathon_logo.jpg

According to the latest information available, will this be next-gen 720 exclusive or will there be a PS4 SKU at launch? I've read the leaked agreements between Bungie and Activision but I'm not sure if we'd had a leak/update since.

Was this posted? IGN analyzes Destiny concept art. Stuff which haven't been shown yet. Yep. Pretty cool stuff! (And official stuff. God damnit I am excited) The video confirms that Destiny will be coming out on Xbox 360, PS3 and future technology. It is an "always connected" game but you can play it solo too.

Edit.: Three classes: Hunter, Traveler(can use magic), Titan.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
IGN during the concept art analysis video: "It's definitely not Halo"

*Halo 4 music plays in the background at that exact moment*

Never change, IGN.

raven777

Was this posted? IGN analyzes Destiny concept art. Stuff which haven't been shown yet. Yep. Pretty cool stuff! (And official stuff. God damnit I am excited) The video confirms that Destiny will be coming out on Xbox 360, PS3 and future technology. It is an "always connected" game but you can play it solo too.

I feel like they broke the embargo with these info, unless they are just speculating from the court and leaked materials

Yeah this is embargo leak for sure. He knows about a lot more than what has leaked.

IHaveIce

Banned

Yes. YES. YEEEEEES. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT, I can't wait 6 hours..

I'm going back to sleep( it is noon around here lol)

Nokterian

Yup they broke the embargo. And no PC version. Well no buy for me then.

derFeef

@ first concept art
Cassini is the name of a Saturn mission from NASA, and those are clearly Saturn's rings.

edit: ah he said it :p

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I popped in this thread a couple times, and I gotta say, I just love the boxart, as well as the little bits of art posted here and there, really curious as to what we're going to see in about 6 hours today from Bungie, it's felt like forever.

Oh IGN - there's always someone that's gotta screw up a reveal given to embargoed people, and this time it's your fault. Gonna watch this after I finish the movie I'm watching right now.

FourMyle

I'm having a nerdgasm over here. The Warlock has what looks like a MAG from PSO. I know which class I'm playing! Warlock 4 lyfe.

IHaveIce

Banned
Shit after watching this I can't calm down for 6 hours lol.

Also no subscription fees for the last doubting.

Warlock class is really interesting. The city seems to work like a hub for your friends, pretty cool.

A little bit disappointed that the cool guys from the already released concept art piece are enemies and no faction for you to play. But reaaally good stuff. The game seems to be huge if you can travel to all the stars.

Yup they broke the embargo. And no PC version. Well no buy for me then.

This has to be the most annoying thing that happens routinely here. For every single game that doesnt get released on the PC first you have port begging, then you have "no PC, no buy" over and over and over.

Exactly what is it that makes this acceptable? You dont see 360 gamers going into threads for PS3 exclusive games saying "no 360 no buy" and you dont see it from from PS3 gamers when something is exclusive to the 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom