• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny pre-order materials leak [Up3: Box Art/Info, 360/PS3, Retailer Says Oct 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh, I blame MS for the reach multiplayer. It was obvious that MS wanted a Micro-Transaction environment and that forced them to codify the mp.

Yeah, no. God, please do not justify how Bungie handled Reach. Unless you want to see things like bloom, armor lock, arena, lack of any iconic maps, and terrible movement, then by all means, it was Microsoft's fault. Continue the brilliant methods you brought to Halo multiplayer in Reach.

In the meantime, I'll keep to this. Bungie, you fucked up so please don't do it again.

and if you really want to go that route, that doesn't inspire much faith considering they're being published by the ACTUAL CoD factory Activision.

Yeah, no. God, please do not justify how Bungie handled Reach. Unless you want to see things like bloom, armor lock, arena, lack of any iconic maps, and terrible movement, then by all means, it was Microsoft's fault. Continue the brilliant methods you brought to Halo multiplayer in Reach.

In the meantime, I'll keep to this. Bungie, you fucked up so please don't do it again.

actually, all of those things are directly tied with MS wanting more COD like multiplayer, except maybe the maps. Halo 4 was a downgrade in everyway on reach because of it.

Oozer3993

I (kinda, sorta, just a teensy bit) called it!

The pictures with teasing text that have been uncovered through the ARG seem to hint that at some point before the game takes place Mars and Venus were terraformed or in the process of being terraformed and Jupiter's moon Europa was moved closer to the Sun to make it habitable.

I had thought of the possibility of the Traveler being a moon, but got sidetracked before I looked up the size.

To add to the info that Mr.Greencastle posted.. I offer the following.

The images we've been uncovering in the ARG thread:

and today's: http://alphalupi.bungie.net/231500044149.jpg

There should be another that we'll uncover tomorrow as well.

Arg Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512848

Edit: And.. actually this is still missing one of the images. :/

Updated (with some erasing to fit in all the text)

Xamdou

Guys... tomorrow we will finally see the first new idea franchise from Bungie in 10 years.

EXCITE.

My thoughts exactly, they deliberately picked tomorrow as the day that will be forever be remembered throughout gaming history! Honestly though, it has to be huge since this their first game after parting ways with MS and has to be a big deal if they will continue onwards with the Destiny series for years to come!

I think there will be a Destiny beta, Iremember doing some Halo MP beta's before and man they are simply the best!

rdrr gnr

Games almost never capture the atmosphere and vision of their concept art. I hope that this isn't the case. I would love to commit to an IP that is assuredly to be one of the biggest next-gen.

Reposted for new page:

Me and two of my buddies are researching on this Destiny hunt for clues. Here's what has been discussed so far:

"The poem is by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow who was well, a poet, and a professor. The poem mentions a Titan, which is bolded. Titan is one of Saturns moons. The poem also mentions Enceladus another of Saturns moons. Mount Etna is a volcano in Sicily, Italy.

At the same time, a Titan was the child of Uranus and Gaea in greek mythology. There were 6 of both genders. Enceladus was a sibling of the Titans. a giant to be exact. After the war of the Titans and the Olympians, he was put under Mount Etna."

"One of the links at the bottom is linked to 'ciclops' .org. Another way of spelling Cyclopes, which were also one of the children of Uranus and Gaea. I'll start there."

"Ciclops is about a video that was made usig 24 beatles songs and pictures from around Saturn. The video was scrapped but they kept the details.

here are the pictures they used http://www.ciclops.org/view.php?id=2914"

"There might be a pattern with the songs and the images and other details. Maybe you guys can see something. http://www.ciclops.org/media/tr/2006/24_6902_0_junk.pdf

Knowing bungie there must be something around the number 7. at 7 minutes and 7 seconds. They use the "The Face of Beauty" image. The song is The End and a cue/note is "love you take is equal to the..."

"A poem named Enceladus was written by an English poet named Alfred Noyes. This poem is linked under the Longfellow 1858. Here's the bit that may be important. He died at age 77."

"Carolyn Porco keeps popping up. She runs ciclops and Diamond Sky productions. Ciclops I already mentioned. DSP is a company that uses images of planets for scientific and ARTISTIC purposes. She also appears in the video linked to ted.com I haven't watched it yet, but once again, it's about Saturn."

"Why didn't I remember this before?!? Saturn is a roman god, the equivilant of the greek Titan Cronus! His father was Uranus, the sky, his mother Gaea, Earth. He was the youngest and related to all the others I mentioned before. Now, here is the interesting bit. After Cronus removed Uranus from power he ruled over the Earth during the GOLDEN AGE!! And one thing that keeps popping up about Destiny is..."

"He felt that his DESTINY was that he would be overthrown by his children like he did to his father. So he ate all of his kids when they were born except Zeus."

Hope this helps any :)

Reposted for new page:

Me and two of my buddies are researching on this Destiny hunt for clues. Here's what has been discussed so far:

"The poem is by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow who was well, a poet, and a professor. The poem mentions a Titan, which is bolded. Titan is one of Saturns moons. The poem also mentions Enceladus another of Saturns moons. Mount Etna is a volcano in Sicily, Italy.

At the same time, a Titan was the child of Uranus and Gaea in greek mythology. There were 6 of both genders. Enceladus was a sibling of the Titans. a giant to be exact. After the war of the Titans and the Olympians, he was put under Mount Etna."

"One of the links at the bottom is linked to 'ciclops' .org. Another way of spelling Cyclopes, which were also one of the children of Uranus and Gaea. I'll start there."

"Ciclops is about a video that was made usig 24 beatles songs and pictures from around Saturn. The video was scrapped but they kept the details.

here are the pictures they used http://www.ciclops.org/view.php?id=2914"

"There might be a pattern with the songs and the images and other details. Maybe you guys can see something. http://www.ciclops.org/media/tr/2006/24_6902_0_junk.pdf

Knowing bungie there must be something around the number 7. at 7 minutes and 7 seconds. They use the "The Face of Beauty" image. The song is The End and a cue/note is "love you take is equal to the..."

"A poem named Enceladus was written by an English poet named Alfred Noyes. This poem is linked under the Longfellow 1858. Here's the bit that may be important. He died at age 77."

"Carolyn Porco keeps popping up. She runs ciclops and Diamond Sky productions. Ciclops I already mentioned. DSP is a company that uses images of planets for scientific and ARTISTIC purposes. She also appears in the video linked to ted.com I haven't watched it yet, but once again, it's about Saturn."

"Why didn't I remember this before?!? Saturn is a roman god, the equivilant of the greek Titan Cronus! His father was Uranus, the sky, his mother Gaea, Earth. He was the youngest and related to all the others I mentioned before. Now, here is the interesting bit. After Cronus removed Uranus from power he ruled over the Earth during the GOLDEN AGE!! And one thing that keeps popping up about Destiny is..."

"He felt that his DESTINY was that he would be overthrown by his children like he did to his father. So he ate all of his kids when they were born except Zeus."

Hope this helps any :)

Haha, well Marty is collaborating with Paul McCartney ;)

11 hours and 30 minutes, guys. If you get to bed in a few hours (assuming you're in the appropriate timezone), you'll get a good night's rest and wake up to Bungie's first new IP since over a decade.

Are you hyped?

RoKKeR

11 hours and 30 minutes, guys. If you get to bed in a few hours (assuming you're in the appropriate timezone), you'll get a good night's rest and wake up to Bungie's first new IP since over a decade.

Are you hyped?
Damn, this really is a huge reveal. Not just another Halo...

Couldn't be more excited. Time for sleep.

Me: Ah yes, let me just go to bed real quick, tomorrow is Bungie awesomeness day!

tumblr_mdcyp6RmUo1rwo29x.gif

-_- nope.

Killer

Banned
I assume this game will make you select a faction from the beginning and you you battle other factions/ players as you progress in the campaign. Think Dark souls in bigger scale. Maybe Xbox 360 vs Ps3 on how much each faction conquered each world and you can access stats via bungie.net. the more a faction conquer world, the better loot and resources you get. Kinda like Planetside 2.

Man can only dream.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I assume this game will make you select a faction from the beginning and you you battle other factions/ players as you progress in the campaign. Think Dark souls in bigger scale. Maybe Xbox 360 vs Ps3 on how much each faction conquered each world and you can access stats via bungie.net. the more a faction conquer world, the better loot and resources you get. Kinda like Planetside 2.

Man can only dream.

This seems at odds with what we know of the fiction though.. I mean, if humanity is really in such bad shape that we only have one city left thats not even truly protected by us why would we be feuding over resources? IDK, I'm really into this whole super heroic old guard knight aesthetic they got going on and I don't want the opposition to be other humans.

Man can only dream.

Well these guys seemed to like Dark Souls ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nYQ2M951kvI#t=236s

"Man if we could talk about our game as we did Dark Souls that would be amazing"

Yup Xbox 720 next-gen exclusive!

It clearly looks like a multiplatform release. The contract rumour was wrong as a PS3 SKU seems to be present. I think if Activision wanted to make the most money they would put it on PS4 as well and we all know how much they love money.

Does anyone have a specific time for the reveal?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It clearly looks like a multiplatform release. The contract rumour was wrong as a PS3 SKU seems to be present. I think if Activision wanted to make the most money they would put it on PS4 as well and we all know how much they love money.

Does anyone have a specific time for the reveal?
No, the contract was right. It's been misconstrued a lot in this thread, but the contract said the PS3 version would come out in 2014 if they couldn't get it done for 2013 simultaneous release. A PS3 version was always in the cards. Now all we need to hear about is the 720 version, which, we obviously won't until MS unveils the 720.

Also the reveal will be at 10AM PST / 1PM EST tomorrow. With IGNs Live Stream starting a half hour before that.

Killer

Banned
This seems at odds with what we know of the fiction though.. I mean, if humanity is really in such bad shape that we only have one city left thats not even truly protected by us why would we be feuding over resources? IDK, I'm really into this whole super heroic old guard knight aesthetic they got going on and I don't want the opposition to be other humans.

Maybe different factions within human race fighting over resources and such.

Well these guys seemed to like Dark Souls ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nYQ2M951kvI#t=236s

"Man if we could talk about our game as we did Dark Souls that would be amazing"

That's a good sign! Hopefully it is.

11 more hours to find out =).

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
key features sound intriguing, like they've reimagined the concept of an fps/online game.

maybe its some kind of online mmo open world with different arenas/quests for pvp/co-op missions and so on.

just hope they get the shooting down. I dont need a shooter that plays like halo but with different modes or graphics. I hate the enemies in halo, so repetitive and boring and I dont really like the guns either. Want my weapons to feel more meaty and powerful.

Xater

Whatever this game ends up being it better also comes out on next gen systems. Otherwise I'll probably not going to get it.

GhaleonEB

Is there a countdown to when the info goes up?

10 am PST is the reveal. So any clock is now a countdown. :p

Crashing now. That "kid on Christmas Eve" feeling is going strong right now, big time.

This is made all the more fun because I really have no idea what to expect. Either from the game, or in terms of content tomorrow. Hoping to hear some of Marty's new work, get a sense for the scale of the game, and how single player and co-op interact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom