• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
itQhd4eSg7ViZ.png

Special Thanks to CarbonatedFalcon for making the OT for Diablo III on PC and inspiring me to create this! Also, thanks to his kindness, he has given me the rights to use some of his work in this thread!

Confusion about the difficulty settings:

o6l8ORv.png

Reviews
Game Informer - http://www.gameinformer.com/games/d.../diablo-iii-review-console-game-informer.aspx

German Gamepro - http://www.gamepro.de/playstation/spiele/ps3/diablo-3/test/diablo_3,47673,3027071.html

Eurogamer - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-29-diablo-3-console-review

GameSurf (Italian) - http://gamesurf.tiscali.it/dynamic/articolo/CHIAVE/diab1361408723113/TIPO_PAGINA/recensione

GamesVillage - http://www.gamesvillage.it/review/58482/diablo-iii-recensione.html

OPM - http://www.officialplaystationmagaz...st-evil-in-residence-is-the-hell-of-the-ball/

Card Boy

Banned
I wasn't aware of this coming out so soon.

Despite hating the game i might grab it on PS4. No action house and all.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If the game came out in March this thread seems a little belated.

So soon? Holy damn.

I'll be hard pressed to avoid picking this up day one digital on PS3. Diablo 3 on consoles was always meant to be.

Wow next week, for some reason it felt like they just barely talked about it. No AH or Online required so superior version.

red731

Ok. the OT is nice, but now you made me think about buying Diablo thanks to that font.
I am just happy for everyone who didn't play it on PC that this doesn't have any AH, even if you could make some srs money there.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Ok. the OT is nice, but now you made me think about buying Diablo thanks to that font.
I am just happy for everyone who didn't play it on PC that this doesn't have any AH, even if you could make some srs money there.

AH is only part of the problem. The entire loot and leveling system is broken.

Sigmaah

Should be picking this up on the 3rd for 360, no AH and just straight grinding? LET'S GO BROS.

What class to start with though...

Otnopolit

Shame they took out the AH. It really is an improvement over D2 not having one.

Trust me, it may seem like it at first glance, but I take the fact Blizz themselves wish they could destroy their own beast creating it as a sign that it was a bad move overall.

If they had the same next-gen deal for Diablo as they do for COD Ghosts, I would be all over this.

I was thinking about this earlier today. Why won't Blizzard follow suit? I want this game but I don't want to have to pay full price for the ps4 version when it is released. I only have a week to decide because I don't want to miss out on the pre-order bonus if I do decide to get it

Seik

Banned
Only sad part of this OP is that Yoshi won't be able to play with me. One day, maybe!

Great job, man! :D

EDIT: I thought it was going to be 30fps, good to know it's 60! :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
When does ps4 version drop? Launch or post launch?
Post launch. It would've been awesome to have D3 for PS4 on launch though.

molnizzle

Do we know yet if the PS3 version is any good? I wanna download this for the triple for the potential PS4 upgrade deal but I'm worried about my frame rates. I need all of the frames.
All of them.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Wanted to wait for the PS4 version but after hearing it's been delayed to next year I'll grab the PS3 version. Don't care how many PC gamer say it's bad, I've been waiting for this forever. I was sooooo jelly when it was released on PC.

Yoshichan

Do we know yet if PS3 version is good? I wanna pick up in the triple for the potential PS4 upgrade deal but I'm worried about my frame rates. I need all of the frames.
All of them.
I've watched at least three hours of PS3 footage and despite there being four players on the screen (locally), frames never seemed to have dropped.

MMaRsu

Banned
I declare this thread

Bolded!

did this work?

I might pick this game up for PS4. No auction house seems like a good thing.

Yuripaw

Banned
First time I've done this on PS3, but I've already preordered for day one digital. I avoided playing the PC version because I knew this day would come where it was released on consoles. I think it'll be much more fun to me as a person who prefers game controllers over clicking on the mouse constantly.

Esura

Banned
I never played one of these Diablo games before so I'm ready to wet my whistles on some other good fantasy smack down besides Dragon's Crown.

molnizzle

First time I've done this on PS3, but I've already preordered for day one digital. I avoided playing the PC version because I knew this day would come where it was released on consoles. I think it'll be much more fun to me as a person who prefers game controllers over clicking on the mouse constantly.

Not to mention no auction house. It'll be a whole new game without that.

Can't wait.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Dog$ is that you?
No, but thanks for thinking so!
It'll be a whole new game without that.
It sure will!

Hope you all have fun grinding for thousands of hours just to get gear that's half decent at best and might support a good build, as well as getting tons of loot that you can't do anything with because you have no good way to trade it away for anything worthwhile!

Yuripaw

Banned
Not to mention no auction house. It'll be a whole new game without that.

Can't wait.

Yeah, that too. The whole auction house stuff really sounded like it ruined the game for a lot of people.

By the way, for anyone who has done preorder digitally on PSN before, do they usually unlock at midnight?

Hope you all have fun grinding for thousands of hours just to get gear that's half decent at best and might support a good build, as well as getting tons of loot that you can't do anything with because you have no good way to trade it away for anything worthwhile!
Loot drops aren't the same on the console version. Fewer items, higher quality.

Functionally, loot is the same though.

Yoshichan

Yeah, that image won't load on my phone for some reason. Thanks for the news. If that is the case...

Day of release.
Won't load on my phone either... Anyone know what I've done wrong? It's a tall PNG and I'm trying to load it on an iPhone 4 (Safari)?

Ahasverus

It sure will!

dog$
Hates quality gaming
(Today, 05:42 AM)

Yoshichan

Only sad part of this OP is that Yoshi won't be able to play with me. One day, maybe!

Great job, man! :D
So sorry about that! Wish I could've done something about it... Maybe one day, though :3!

Top Bottom