• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What would the differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions be? Besides touchpad integration in the UI

We don't know much about that quite yet. The guaranteed difference will obviously be the graphics.

I never played Diablo and I'm happy its coming to consoles so I can try it out, I'm waiting on the next gen version however. Its one of those games I expect to launch early 2014 and help me get through the software drought.

Billen

Banned
I'm just hoping Blizzard didn't lie to us ._.

The thing is, you might have a gimped character without AH but so will your other friends.

Exactly. God I fucking hate the D3 auction house with a passion. Easily one of the worst ideas that company ever had, considering how they implemented it. The fact that they had to (of course) modify all the loot functionality around it just made the game so fucking bland.

Honestly I am considering double dipping in this case, getting it for the PS3. The lack of AH is actually a major reason for this, once more making the loot dropped feel as if it actually matters.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Speaking of the auction house... I found an old post from back when they announced the RMAH.

jm7qiLh.png

Damn.

The_Monk

Another fine OT made by the great fellow GAFfer, Yoshichan, thank you for making this.

I still have my eye on the PS4 version, considering that if I get it I will have a family member to play with so, more fun I believe. Either way I hope the game to be good on consoles.

Yoshichan

Thank you The_Monk!
How about my post from OT1?
Hey, that wasn't too bad! It might not be the best game of all time, but you sure as hell enjoy the game a lot :3

V_Arnold

Thank you The_Monk!

Hey, that wasn't too bad! It might not be the best game of all time, but you sure as hell enjoy the game a lot :3

Yeah, still playing it (now that Blizzard actually fixed their bullshit "disconnect every half hour, twice, usually after getting 5 stacks of nephalem bug that was persisting for MONTHS). Will play on consoles as well, although with a review copy, I shall not pay for a downgraded version :p

Robin64

My PC always ran the game silky smooth except for a period where I had just spawned in a new zone. Stuttered like fuck for a good 20 seconds then, which caused me a lot of deaths. Hardcore mode was a no-go purely for that reason.

So I hope the PS3 one doesn't do that.

Yoshichan

I think Arnold found a solution to that? Or did I dream that?

Santar

During E3 Blizzard said they were just starting on the PS4 version, so I wouldn't hold my breath for that one arriving too soon. I'd like it on the PS4 as well (as long as it doesn't need online( but I'm not about to wait for a possible long while just for a little bit better graphics.

Slayerx

Yeah, still playing it (now that Blizzard actually fixed their bullshit "disconnect every half hour, twice, usually after getting 5 stacks of nephalem bug that was persisting for MONTHS). Will play on consoles as well, although with a review copy, I shall not pay for a downgraded version :p
Oh? Only got disconnected once I think, during launch week. Probably good luck or something.

V_Arnold

Oh? Only got disconnected once I think, during launch week. Probably good luck or something.

Nah, the game was fine in the past one and half year dc-wise, this bullshit was relatively new, exclusive to the spring/summer of 2013 -.- In forums, the network programmers started cooperating with people using traceroutes or whatever they called, providing logs of where the packets started losing, and it seems to have been solved as of last week.

Daigoro

had no idea this was coming out so soon. and it looks damn good too. sheeeit.

I might have to pick this up next week.

KKRT00

Oh, one question, have they confirmed that stash will be bigger in console versions? It should be, because there is no AH. Hell, it even should be in PC version, they've promised to expand it post launch...
Game is saving locally so stash should be almost infinite.

TheIconizer

Neo Member
I'm really glad it comes to consoles and I can't wait for it since I didn't pick it up for the PC. I'm more of a console gamer so I'm happy.

RPGCrazied

Did they ever fix the screen tear on PS3? Doesn't matter, I think the PC CE is fine enough. I like the game, but not enough to double dip.

TheIconizer

Neo Member
What if they announce that for WoW?

BAHHFAHFAHAAHAHHAH

I don't know about the real auction house. I really don't like the idea of spending more real money after I bought the game for weapons or stuff like that which can be acquired in the real game. I still didn't see the whole picture I know, but meh I might just buy some stuff in the end.

cormack12

Gold Member
Didn't Sony say if you buy some current gen titles then they will be eligible for a significant discount on the PS4 digi versions? Not sure if Blizzard were mentioned as a partner though. Have tweeted yosh to ask but I don't use twitter/have many followers so he'll probably just ignore me!

KKRT00

Didn't Sony say if you buy some current gen titles then they will be eligible for a significant discount on the PS4 digi versions? Not sure if Blizzard were mentioned as a partner though. Have tweeted yosh to ask but I don't use twitter/have many followers so he'll probably just ignore me!

Its only for Watch Dogs, BF 4 and COD:Ghosts

Curufinwe

I will wait for the DF Faceoff to decide which version to buy. I would prefer the 360 version if they're technically indistinguishable so my wife and I can both get Achievements playing it in co-op.

Top Bottom