• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

KKRT00

I will wait for the DF Faceoff to decide which version to buy. I would prefer the 360 version if they're technically indistinguishable so my wife and I can both get Achievements playing it in co-op.

On technical level they'll probably both will be trash.

Robin64

I forget to check, but I assume we can switch between offline and online using the same characters? It's not like Diablo II on PC where they are seperate, is it?

Curufinwe

On technical level they'll probably both will be trash.

Well the OP says the game will run at 60 fps which doesn't sound too bad to me. I can accept lower quality graphics on consoles if it runs smoothly. I played the PC demo last year, but I really don't like playing these types of games with mouse and keyboard.

LkPr

this game comes out on my birthday so it would have been an AWESOME way to spend the day... unfortunately I no longer have my PS3 and am patiently waiting for my PS4 but I'll definitely be picking this up day 1 when they release it for PS4... hoping this year as well!!

pixlexic

Banned
What's funny is that I have owned te PC game since launch but hardly ever played it. Yet I am hyped for the console version. M/k controls just are not my thing I guess.

LkPr

What's funny is that I have owned te PC game since launch but hardly ever played it. Yet I am hyped for the console version. M/k controls just are not my thing I guess.

I've had in on PC since launch too and stopped playing after a month. I think it's the removal of the AH that really has me excited for the console version because now loot is more meaningful. And I also enjoy controllers way more as well.

ced

I'm too weak to resist couch coop, even after being taken up the butt from D3 on PC.

Can you not pick a sex for each class on the console version?

Bittercup

Actually, with regard to the trophy list, not sure what the boss "triumph challenge" listed is.
I assume they are the same as in the PC version. The names are the same:
http://www.diablowiki.net/Fresh_Meat
http://www.diablowiki.net/Out_of_the_Shadows
http://www.diablowiki.net/Azmodone
http://www.diablowiki.net/Diabolical

I thought this was PS3 exclusive ?
No, just a strategic partnership with Sony which granted the PS3 version 5 exclusive ingame items and a no-mentioning of the Xbox360 version at the reveal.
us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10174614/new-diablo®-iii-console-preorder-bonuses-and-exclusives-6-11-2013

dmr87

Shame they took out the AH.

Dou.jpg

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Whaaaaaaaaaaat this comes out so soon?!! Dammit, I was not prepared for this.

Umm. OK, so PS3 or 360 version, what's the consensus? Any idea which version is supposed to be better?

KKRT00

Well the OP says the game will run at 60 fps which doesn't sound too bad to me. I can accept lower quality graphics on consoles if it runs smoothly. I played the PC demo last year, but I really don't like playing these types of games with mouse and keyboard.

I'm saying that because PC version is terrible in terms of technicality. They still havent fixed stuttering and fps drops issues, which are in the game since PC beta, so for about 2.5 years.

---

So any info about Stash?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nothing on the stash, from what I know.
I laughed at Yoshi's new tag for 30 seconds before I could even start reading the OP.
It's a laughable one for sure ._.

larvi

I would have preordered this if Blizz would have let me use my blizz bucks to buy it. Otherwise I've got it in my Gamefly queue and will wait for it to drop to less than $30 before I buy

ReaperXL7

I dont understand why they have been so quiet on the PS4 version of the game despite confirming its exsistance back in feburary. I could understand maybe they dont want to canabalize sales, but if that were the reason why announce the game for the system at the PSMeeting?

Im curious to hear about the changes for consoles, but like FFXIV I will probably just wait until PS4 version to pick it up.

Loginius

PS3/360 version isn't always online, though.
For me (and "some" others) stuttering stopped when I copieed the game files to a flash drive and started the game from there.
Doesnt seem to be a online issue.
Lets hope the console version doesnt have the problem out of sheer luck since blizz seems to be unable/unwilling to fix the problem.

dubq

Should I get this on PS3 or wait for the supposed PS4 launch (which I assume there is no info about now)?

Daigoro

Whaaaaaaaaaaat this comes out so soon?!! Dammit, I was not prepared for this.

Umm. OK, so PS3 or 360 version, what's the consensus? Any idea which version is supposed to be better?

get it on 360 and when we need a break from grinding we can grind BL2 for a change of pace.

I'm saying that because PC version is terrible in terms of technicality. They still havent fixed stuttering and fps drops issues, which are in the game since PC beta, so for about 2.5 years.

---

So any info about Stash?

the vids look pretty damn slick so far. we'll see though.

check the faq about the stash. thought I read something there maybe...

Carm

Hopefully console only gamers don't get to experience the asset loading issue that Blizzard lied about fixing during beta. They knew about this issue long before the game was ever released and kept lying about fixing it.

LtOrange

I hope they are holding off on the PS4 version until the expansion drops. Would be awesome to get that all in one package.

ObiDin

I'm picking this up on 360. I played the beta on pc, but did not like playing on my laptop. Just not a pc gamer anymore. Loved the game tho and hoped it would come to consoles.

I can not wait for people to begin complaining about how difficult it is to find items and because there is no Auction house, it will be near impossible to find someone to trade/sell items to...

unless you have a million friends... People thought the AH was bad on PC... this is going to be a whole new level of hate i think when they realize how the itemization is set up.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

The thing that gets me is at the PC launch Blizzard was not down with using a controller. But now in the hype videos they are hyping using a controller like the second coming. Talking about the extra dimension of control the controllers bring. Disappointing that they don't feel the need to bring that control to PCs.

Hopefully console only gamers don't get to experience the asset loading issue that Blizzard lied about fixing during beta. They knew about this issue long before the game was ever released and kept lying about fixing it.

So THAT's why the fucking game stuttered like crazy whenever I would log in for the first time. For fuck's sakes.

anddo0

I'm not a M/k guy either. I go controller when I can, even for FPS. However it wasn't an issue (and shouldn't be an issue for games like Diablo). I own a Logitech G9X, and mapped all the important buttons to the mouse. I only needed the keyboard for map and inventory purposes. i played most of the game with one hand. Even without remapping, Diablo allows you to left-click on primary buttons, rather than relying on the F-keys or numbers. It's very accessible for those who hate M/k.

Top Bottom