• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

quest

Not Banned from OT
Google wasn't much help here... so the only way to get all of the preorder bonuses on PS4 is to do the digital preorder from PSN? I might compromise my physical-only rules for this game if that's the case.

All pre-orders get all the goodies.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15031886

Lylirra 5 days ago

@BipolarFly: The pre-order bonuses aren't specific to digital purchases; they're available for all pre-orders!The Last of Us™ Nephalem Rift and Guise of the Colossi will also be available to all players who pick up UEE on PS3 or PS4, regardless of when you buy it. :)

Liberty4all

Banned
I've decided I think this will be my next PS4 game. I never played Diablo III, it seems like this is going to be the definitive edition to get.

I'll grab an extra controller for my spouse, maybe we can try local mp.

edit: are we going to have a PS4/Xbone OT?

quest

Not Banned from OT
How is the PS3 holding up, compared to the PS4 one?

I honestly think the last gen games are gimped. New gen has better more stable frame rate, better monster density, elite monsters have an extra affix. Also the old gen is limited to 1 act at a time in adventure mode. Add in the issues with voice chat getting choppy in multiplayer. The new generation is the must have version of this game IMO. The character transfer makes it a no brainer.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Just dinged 100 so have 2 weeks off before the expansion. I was getting burned out those last few levels. 782,015 life time kills, 33,313 elite kills and 66,130,269 gold picked up in my journey to 100.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Looks like the transfer save patch is out for both PS3/360. I will update it once my save backs up to the cloud and maybe get a USB drive to back it up. Don't want to take any chances and really advise everyone else to have at least a USB back up copy of the save just in case.

Akai XIII

Had the 360 version and getting the PS4 version... Do I need the 360 disc to transfer to PS4? Can I get the UEE on both and transfer like that? Hmm...

quest

Not Banned from OT
Had the 360 version and getting the PS4 version... Do I need the 360 disc to transfer to PS4? Can I get the UEE on both and transfer like that? Hmm...

Not sure to be honest I don't know if the UEE has the file upload option that just was patched in. This is what I found on battlenet. Not exactly clear to be honest.

Short answer, yes!

Longer answer: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13660715952#6

In an upcoming console patch for PS3 and Xbox 360, we'll be enabling what we're calling "cross-brand" or "cross-generational" transfers for Ultimate Evil Edition. As the name suggests, these transfers will allow players to copy their character save data across brands and across platform generations.

We'll have more details to share once the patch is live, including how to complete a transfer with step-by-step instructions and how Battle.net account linking works. In the meantime, here's a quick list of what's supported:

PS3 > Xbox One
Xbox 360 > PS4
PS3 > PS4
Xbox 360 > Xbox One

The goal of cross-brand/cross-generational transfers is to support players who may have switched brands when next-gen systems were released for PlayStation and Xbox, but don't want to leave their progress from original Diablo III behind when upgrading to Ultimate Evil Edition.

As a follow up to that, please note that the following cross-platform transfers will not be supported:

Xbox 360 > PS3
PS3 > Xbox 360

For same-platform upgrades to Ultimate Evil Edition (PS3 > PS3 and Xbox 360 > Xbox 360), your character save data will be automatically loaded once the game is installed. No additional steps needed!

They better update this version to match the PC. I will be fucking pissed if we get one patch post launch and that's it until another expansion.

I honestly think the last gen games are gimped. New gen has better more stable frame rate, better monster density, elite monsters have an extra affix. Also the old gen is limited to 1 act at a time in adventure mode. Add in the issues with voice chat getting choppy in multiplayer. The new generation is the must have version of this game IMO. The character transfer makes it a no brainer.

I agree.

3-4 player games are almost unplayable, especially Act4. The game seems to start disabling spell effects to keep the framerate but then you lose a lot of feedback. I waste Spirit on my monk thinking Sweeping Wind isn't up but it turns out it was just the effect is gone.

Will PS4 have 4 affixes and higher monster density? I thought I read the density still won't match the PC.

quest

Not Banned from OT
They better update this version to match the PC. I will be fucking pissed if we get one patch post launch and that's it until another expansion.

I agree.

3-4 player games are almost unplayable, especially Act4. The game seems to start disabling spell effects to keep the framerate but then you lose a lot of feedback. I waste Spirit on my monk thinking Sweeping Wind isn't up but it turns out it was just the effect is gone.

Will PS4 have 4 affixes and higher monster density? I thought I read the density still won't match the PC.

The density will be higher than the old gen. It still won't be as high as the PC version. I noticed on some of the videos elites have 4 affixes in the PS4 version. Watch some of the videos and you will see it.

Side not for everyone else for a good laugh. In the patch blizzard put in some anti-mod stuff in there. Still misses a ton of it but gets some of it so at least we can see they are trying.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13681278517?page=2#39

Today's patch (which is now also live for PS3) implemented and activated cross-brand/cross-generation transfers for Ultimate Evil Edition. We also incorporated some measures to help reduce the impact, and hopefully the prevalence, of hacked items within the game.If you've no idea what some of the words I just said mean (cross-brand, what? cross-generation, who?), then be sure to check out this article for more information:

Cantaloup

I just did an export from the Xbox 360 version and it was almost instantly done. I got a success message but it went so quick I was wondering if it worked. Anyone else try it?

quest

Not Banned from OT
I just did an export from the Xbox 360 version and it was almost instantly done. I got a success message but it went so quick I was wondering if it worked. Anyone else try it?

I did it a few minutes ago and it was very fast. There is some having issues with it seems to be mostly PS3 users. So back up your save before accepting the patch and trying to get on.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13680208480

Today a new patch was released for both PlayStation 3 (25601) and Xbox 360 (25238), which lays the groundwork for us to allow character exports between current-gen and next-gen console platforms. Although some players have been able to update just fine, there are reports from others that the game is locking up when the following save file warning message is displayed:

Drame

I was rather sceptical about the whole save transfer business before hand, but pleased to see that Blizzards promises held through.

While I'm still changing my toon to Crusader it's nice to have the good old barb around for some whirlwinding.

quest

Not Banned from OT
All of my work buddy's are going to grab it on the 360 since they have not gone next gen yet, but I really wanted to play it on the X1! Will it still look and run pretty good on the 360? It does save me 20 bucks. Lol

Nerix

Or make controller support on PC

=p
It´s not just about controller support, it´s also about the UI. If you have hooked up your PC to a large TV in your living room, the font size is a real problem. I tried to play D3 that way when it was released, you can forget it unless you sit like 1-2m in front of your TV (I would wish that more PC games would address this problem and give you the opportunity to adjust the UI/font size)

So I am really looking forward to the Ulimate Evil version for PS4/XOne, finally a great version to play it in your living room with friends.

quest

Not Banned from OT
All of my work buddy's are going to grab it on the 360 since they have not gone next gen yet, but I really wanted to play it on the X1! Will it still look and run pretty good on the 360? It does save me 20 bucks. Lol

In single player I am sure it will run ok 90% of the time if anything like vanilla D3 for consoles. In multiplayer I am sure it will be like vanilla D3 where frame rates can drop to the single digits and they remove effects to try to keep frame rate up. If possible I would get the new generation version and play with GAFs.

Monster density is close to the PC this time around. Greater rifts are coming so that means that 2.10 will be coming to consoles minus seasons. No official announcement on post release support today. Made it sound like will be announced next week at blizzcon.

That's the best news I head about UEE besides being able to continue your character from the last-gen version.

quest

Not Banned from OT
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...-new-ultimate-evil-edition-details/#sf4047236

"One more cool piece of news for PS4 players: the next-gen console architecture makes it much easier for us to offer ongoing patch support for the PS4 version of the Ultimate Evil Edition. This means that as we continue to patch the game on PC, we’ll now be able to roll out related patch content, as appropriate, on PS4 as well. It’ll take some additional time beyond the PC patch rollout, but we’ll get them to you as quickly as possible."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...-new-ultimate-evil-edition-details/#sf4047236

"One more cool piece of news for PS4 players: the next-gen console architecture makes it much easier for us to offer ongoing patch support for the PS4 version of the Ultimate Evil Edition. This means that as we continue to patch the game on PC, we’ll now be able to roll out related patch content, as appropriate, on PS4 as well. It’ll take some additional time beyond the PC patch rollout, but we’ll get them to you as quickly as possible."

That's great news!

From the blog:
I want to remind everyone to get your preorders in if you haven’t already. Doing so will land you a devilishly sweet pair of Infernal Pauldrons, which provide some powerful bonuses for your characters, and they look pretty cool too—a plus considering you can also use them for transmogs (a new feature available in UEE). For those who pre-purchase the game digitally on the PlayStation Store, you’ll also pick up a set of helm and weapon transmog recipes, a Spectral Hound minion, and three additional character slots.

Are these exclusive to the digital version???

quest

Not Banned from OT
From my post above

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15031886

Lylirra 5 days ago

@BipolarFly: The pre-order bonuses aren't specific to digital purchases; they're available for all pre-orders!The Last of Us™ Nephalem Rift and Guise of the Colossi will also be available to all players who pick up UEE on PS3 or PS4, regardless of when you buy it. :)

Not sure to be honest I don't know if the UEE has the file upload option that just was patched in. This is what I found on battlenet. Not exactly clear to be honest.

Short answer, yes!

Longer answer: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13660715952#6

In an upcoming console patch for PS3 and Xbox 360, we'll be enabling what we're calling "cross-brand" or "cross-generational" transfers for Ultimate Evil Edition. As the name suggests, these transfers will allow players to copy their character save data across brands and across platform generations.

We'll have more details to share once the patch is live, including how to complete a transfer with step-by-step instructions and how Battle.net account linking works. In the meantime, here's a quick list of what's supported:

PS3 > Xbox One
Xbox 360 > PS4
PS3 > PS4
Xbox 360 > Xbox One

The goal of cross-brand/cross-generational transfers is to support players who may have switched brands when next-gen systems were released for PlayStation and Xbox, but don't want to leave their progress from original Diablo III behind when upgrading to Ultimate Evil Edition.

As a follow up to that, please note that the following cross-platform transfers will not be supported:

Xbox 360 > PS3
PS3 > Xbox 360

For same-platform upgrades to Ultimate Evil Edition (PS3 > PS3 and Xbox 360 > Xbox 360), your character save data will be automatically loaded once the game is installed. No additional steps needed!

Does that mean if I nolonger have the ps3 version I will not be able to transfer my characters.

Liberty4all

Banned
I'm embarrassed to admit I've never played a Diablo game before. Does it play similar to something like Dungeon Siege? That was my last lootathon game.

Regardless, day 1 for me. It seems like an incredible value considering I've never played the vanilla campaign.

You need the PS3 version to transfer character to PS4 or Xbone. If you are getting UEE for the PS3 you won't need the disc.

In their direction there is this:

Manually Importing a Save: PS3-->PS4
If you launched Ultimate Evil Edition on a new platform before you exported your save, you will need to import your save manually. To manually import a save, follow these steps:
Step 1: Insert your Ultimate Evil Edition disc or launch the digital version of the game.
Step 2: Log in to your Sony Entertainment Network or Xbox Live account.
Step 3: Proceed to the main menu. Navigate to "More" > "Export Save."
Step 4: Confirm this selection and proceed through any prompts that appear.
Success! You've imported your save. (Note: Manually importing a save will overwrite any existing Ultimate Evil Edition save data currently on your system.)

But it makes no mention if you can take it from a usb drive or from PSN.

In single player I am sure it will run ok 90% of the time if anything like vanilla D3 for consoles. In multiplayer I am sure it will be like vanilla D3 where frame rates can drop to the single digits and they remove effects to try to keep frame rate up. If possible I would get the new generation version and play with GAFs.

Thanks I preordered the XB1 version.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Are greater rifts in from day one ? , if so I think I will double dip on this on my PS4

Why would you have the expectation they would be there day one? They are not even close to being ready for the PC. The new gen consoles will get the 2.10 patch after the PC.

ZangBa

I'm excited Blizzard decided to support the game on PS4/XB1. Definitely buying it day 1 to show my support for the game since they decided to support us. I'd still like to see some specifics from the Q&A promised on the forums, though.

tmespe

I'm embarrassed to admit I've never played a Diablo game before. Does it play similar to something like Dungeon Siege? That was my last lootathon game.

Regardless, day 1 for me. It seems like an incredible value considering I've never played the vanilla campaign.

It does not really play like Dungeon Siege, assuming you meant the first one. Diablo is more fast paced and more loot focused. You also only control one character at a time, but there can be up to four players coop. I would say the game feels a lot more visceral compared to Dungeon Siege with heavier attacks and more enemies on screen which tend to explode when they die.

If you've never played Diablo 3 before the value is fantastic in my opinion. You get to single player campaigns, which last around 12-15 hours. Even though the story is not really noteworthy the areas are varied and interesting, and the followers are cool. After you finish the campaign you unlock adventure mode, where you can continue to level up and get better loot as long as you wish. There are also a ton of achievements and seven different classes to level up. Blizzard has also stated that they will patch the game with new content down the road. All in all I think that it is a really good value. I played the game on PS3, bought the game with RoS on PC, and will be buying this version for couch coop and remote play, and still feel that it's worth it.

quest

Not Banned from OT
A new bit of information today from a blue on blizzards board. I was hoping blizzard would tweak class balance for consoles. So hopefully it is a much better balanced game than the PC at 2.0.6

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13764516332#13

Oddly enough this thread is pretty relevant to my personal play experience. I'll be playing a Monk on a last-gen system for UEE, so these concerns will be on my mind while I play, and keep an eye on feedback.

The original Diablo III on console launched with content up to patch 1.0.8, but there were a number of tuning changes, including changes made to skills, that were console-specific and didn’t reflect what was live on the PC version. Ultimate Evil Edition will work the same way. While it will effectively launch with content up to patch 2.0.6, our designers did take care to do additional tuning on each class so that they would feel great on console. Because of this, it might be best to wait and see how all of those changes work together in order to tell how class balance feels.

Top Bottom