• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

molnizzle

iX1L0v2riYLpQ.jpg

Lets see if history will repeat itself ;p

*spooky music*

PTSD kicking in...

Drame

Times like these makes me wish that next-gen digital launches will be trouble free. I don't want physical cases to collect dust on my bookself!

"Can't play before the actual release."

Aw gee, it's 10am here already, pfft. D3, oh you.

molnizzle

Yeah, this isn't how you convince people to shift to digital purchases. I could be playing right now if I'd gone to a midnight launch.

This is why Steam lets you preload, Sony.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I hope I get my pre-order items from Gamestop... I was promised like five items! :mad:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
All barbarian belts!!
Riggs, my man! Can we play on hard from start? I heard someone died at level 5... that shit sounds delicious.

Yoshichan

Hell ya mann

Guys is there a way to talk on PS3 version?
I just realized, even if we could talk on PS3, I don't have a bluetooth headset so :/ Can we Skype through my laptop or something instead?

V_Arnold

Riggs, my man! Can we play on hard from start? I heard someone died at level 5... that shit sounds delicious.

I started as Hard with my first character, but it was a constant pain and fear until the first proper weapons, for example. And the Skeleton King's attacks need to be evaded perfectly, or he will 2-shot ya.

Yoshichan

I started as Hard with my first character, but it was a constant pain and fear until the first proper weapons, for example. And the Skeleton King's attacks need to be evaded perfectly, or he will 2-shot ya.
YES!

Riggs and I are up for a treat :D So excited! We need dat communication though!

Yoshichan

Riggs, you better dodge dat Skeleton King whirlwind and teleport attack! I'm not gonna rez your ass if you get attacked by that shit!

Robin64

How do we get the PS3 exclusive items? Codes? I never got a code. GAME here were giving away mobile phone wallpapers instead of a code. I SHIT YOU NOT.

V_Arnold

Oh, some more fun:

When you die, you can decide to res at the checkpoint (instant), res at your body(!!!!!) (5 sec cd), or go straight back to the town (instant). DAMN!

Yoshichan

Oh, some more fun:

When you die, you can decide to res at the checkpoint (instant), res at your body(!!!!!) (5 sec cd), or go straight back to the town (instant). DAMN!
Wait, res at your body with only a 5 sec cooldown <,<? No penalty?!

Dahbomb

Is it still expensive to repair?
Not really on high levels but would probably be a problem at lower levels since you have little gold anyway. No AH either for quick gold.

I don't think it's going to be a problem.

There used to be a big penalty for dying but not anymore. Blizzard sort of realized that zerging isn't fun anyway and people want to farm efficiently so if you are dying you are less effecient anyway.

Yoshichan

Gotcha! Thanks guys.

Dahbomb

Also my buddy got it early and he was playing while I watched/played some. The default Normal (Easy) is basically MP0 on PC. Medium is like MP2 and that's the recommended one if you have played Diablo before. Hard is kinda too much at times, you will die a lot by 1-2 shots but still doable. Master levels at early game is suicide.

Nephalem Glory seems to give a chain lightning type move too. It seems to splash your damage or something. No identification on Rares, you get items for beating quests including rares and vendors sell rares occasionally. Crafting is very viable at early levels as well.

You have a ton of inventory of space meaning much less going back to town. Each item slot has its own mini stash so you can carry a lot different items. Loot drop is definitely "smart" it's tuned to drop for your class. Legendaries start popping up as early as Act 1 Normal (although late into Act 1). Bosses don't drop legendaries first time you beat them, that's feature of the expansion. The items you get for preorder are really nice, some give movement speed and EXP bonuses which is perfecr for plowing through content.

Overall the game seemed very fun at low levels, more than PC version D3.

Robin64

Looking forward to the casualness of the whole thing. I'll have RoS on the PC soon enough for the deeper longer haul, but this will be awesome in its own way.

8 hours til I get my copy.

Drame

Wat? Noooooo

59% here. Download better not be borked if I'm staying awake to see it through.
Oh, forgot to add, speaking about EU digital download here.

Which sucks as it's almost time for lunch over here... Digital releases sure are wonky, huh. I really should have just bought the physical version.

Yoshichan

Didn't Blizzard say that the console version had random power-ups drop from enemies? Instead of health globes?

Top Bottom