• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

V_Arnold

Weird, the reviewers didn't have any problems with the framrate and neither did the posters in this thread who played it before release. Now everyone seems to be having issues with it though oO.

Framerate is awesome on 360. I noticed one slowdown during some weird physics effect (the monster's parts flying to the air, while fighting 20+mobs, with smoke and fire present), but the overall experience is extremely smooth. It helps that my PC is crap, I run it with 30fps framecap and on 1280*800 to not overstress my old pc parts :p Compared to that ,this is HEAVEN.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Five legendaries in the stash, holy crap! I'M ALREADY BETTER GEARED THAN I WAS IN THE PC VERSION

V_Arnold

No he's Sweden I am America, NAT not determined at the moment. Profile?

I do not know about PSN profiles, but is not it EU-EU/US-US only in some games? Make a new profile in that region and bam?

(Also, correction, buff's name is Nephalem Glory, not power. :D)

smr00

Banned
So it's 60fps as long as you are standing alone in an empty field? Hooray!

Yoshi, what's your address?
While watching the DF video, it stayed because 52-60 the entire time only dropping right under 50 for a millisecond. Even in bigger battles it was staying in low-mid 50's which is great.

I don't care if it was capped at 30, the game is competent performance wise and highly playable. It was never going to be capped at 60 and never dip. The hardware it's running on is what? over 7 years old.?

Kureizu

I was expecting 30fps so the PS3 version's (the one im getting) framerate is obviously a great surprise. Still hurts a little to see how it drops more frequently than the 360 version in that DF comparison video.

Riggs

Banned
Thanks Arnold.

Guys think about it, this is not battle net at all in D3 console. We host the game. There is specificly an option for "Region override ...."

So I have to be guessing we can play D3 on console with anyone in the world right? I am kind of answering my own question , but I just want your input guys.

Trying still to play with Yoshi and we keep getting Trouble joining the game.

I am assuming this is day 1 crap going on, and it will work eventually. I hope at least.

rafbanaan

I'm in doubt to buy this game. I've my on it since the launch op de pc-version, but I found the price still a bit high after some months.

Is it a good game when you have to play solo for like 99% of the time or is it more if you can co-op this one?

GlamFM

Banned
Weird, the reviewers didn't have any problems with the framrate and neither did the posters in this thread who played it before release. Now everyone seems to be having issues with it though oO.

Framerate is fine on 360. Some stuttering here and there.. Noticed some tearing though.

Caayn

Quick question. Does the infernal helmet code from the pre-order include the angelic wings? If so how/were do I find it. I can see the Infernal Helm in my invertor but no wings.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This shit

Is so

God damn

Fun

Rixa

Do you get the code (PS3 version) for the other (not infernal helm) 5 unique stuff, or how do you obtain those equipments?

Drame

Do you get the code (PS3 version) for the other (not infernal helm) 5 unique stuff, or how do you obtain those equipments?
Those are found in stash. The wings are in your inventory.

The game is so good with controller. #drfeelgood

JChalmers

Neo Member
Will PS3 characters be usable on the PS4 version? Will there be a 'next-gen upgrade' discount?

This is what I'm wanting to know before I take the plunge. Don't want to be shelling out on PS3 version and then have to pay full whack on the PS4 version in a few months time....

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Oh noice, the same wings and dyes I got with PC CE. (Starcraft II bonus wings are better)

KKRT00

Nephalem Power, the stuff I talked about. You pick up a greenish globe that monster drop at a moderately low chance, and then you get the 1min buff that grants you plus movement speed, dmg bonus and some awesome effects as well. Stacks up to three.

Wat? :p Its console specific buff right?

Vol5

Amazon UK come through again. Got my copy this morning. At work but managed to fit in 30 mins at lunch.

There's definitely screen tearing but it's not obnoxious and doesn't detract. In fact I only noticed it at the very beginning.

Got to the Cathedral. Fun so far. This should keep me well occupied.

Jrmint

Do you only get the Infernal Helm and the other PS3 items if you preorder? Or will they honor them for the first week or so, any idea?

AlStrong

Are the special items ps3 only or are they on 360 too!?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/101...ole-preorder-bonuses-and-exclusives-6-11-2013

360/PS3 pre-order items
"Infernal Helm" – Wearable at level 1, the console-exclusive Infernal Helm in-game item confers a +EXP bonus to help you whip your new PlayStation® or Xbox characters into shape
"Angelic Wings" – Taunt the forces of the Burning Hells by sprouting a cosmetic pair of glowing angel wings
"Bottled Cloud Dye" – Dye your armor sets a cloudy white with this heavenly dye
"Bottled Smoke Dye" – Dye your armor sets an eerie smoky black with this sinister dye

PS3-Exclusive
"The Hero’s Journey" – A Legendary shoulder item that includes a “Journey” style scarf
"Drake's Amulet" – A Legendary amulet that bears a striking resemblance to the ring that Drake wears around his neck in Uncharted
"Leoric's Gauntlets" – These Legendary gloves summon a ghostly skeleton to fight for you
"Crimson Angelic Wings" – This cosmetic enhancement calls forth a set of red Angelic Wings
"Leah's Ring" – A Legendary ring, originally given to Leah by Deckard Cain, that's usable at level 1 and provides bonuses to Magic Find and Gold Find

Number45

Do you only get the Infernal Helm and the other PS3 items if you preorder? Or will they honor them for the first week or so, any idea?
Would like to know this as well (EU). I've been away for the last couple of weeks so didn't get the chance (still not sold on the £50 pricing either).

smr00

Banned
Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
What does naphaelm glory buff do? Seems to make ur char get yellow wings on higher stacks but it runs out fast

smr00

Banned
Place where i pre-ordered doesn't open for another hour and 6 minutes.

Maybe if i drink some more coffee the time will go by faster.

So as someone who has never couch co-op'd on PS3 how are multiple sign ins handled?

Just saw the DF article, still ok with what the PS3 version since I'm going to move the 360 upstairs, but keeping the PS3 here to finish the psplus stuff.

Number45

I can't believe I'm buying a game for £50.

EDIT:

PS3 version is £35.00 in Asda mate :) So not as hard on the pocket
This is one of those games that I just wouldn't want the disk on. :(

Oh well, traded some games yesterday and used some GAME reward points to top up my wallet so it doesn't sting quite so much.

Top Bottom