• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Boogdud

When you move the control stick when your hitting the attack button there is a red sillouette that goes on the enemie your going to attack, and it seems to work rather well.

It works "OK", I still wish they would have just done twin stick controls like torchlight on the console. Or at least give you the option.

They also did a pretty poor job explaining the game and the mechanics. Not a problem for me, but I have a buddy who is completely new and I hope to hell I'm online when he starts it up. The manual is literally a controller map, and I can't find any guide within the game. I can see that being a problem for some people.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Xander51

Is anyone having issues with setting up 5.1 audio with this game? I have my PS3 set to DD/DTS and the only audio I get with my Sony Home Theater is 2.1. This is rather frustrating :(

Dolby Digital is working just fine for me over optical on PS3, sorry to hear you're having issues. :(

Crimzun Wolf

Neo Member
Don't know if this has been posted here (apologies if it has), but you can label your loot that you don't want as junk by clicking the right stick. Then, when you go to a vendor you can sell all of your junk you can press the right stick to insta sell all of your junk that was labeled as such. The same can be applied towards a blacksmith.

Dreaver

Holding off for PS4 version. It's hard.
Yeah same here, or at least... trying. I REALLY want to buy and play this game, but I don't want to double dip and I will hate myself when the superior version releases a few months later. So. Hard. To. Resist.

It works "OK", I still wish they would have just done twin stick controls like torchlight on the console. Or at least give you the option.

They also did a pretty poor job explaining the game and the mechanics. Not a problem for me, but I have a buddy who is completely new and I hope to hell I'm online when he starts it up. The manual is literally a controller map, and I can't find any guide within the game. I can see that being a problem for some people.

Other then playing a couple hours of the pc version. I had no issues figuring stuff out on the console version. So I think that will vary. As for the direction your attacking, I think it works better then ok, but that's just me.

Boogdud

What are the controls, btw?

I'm on a tablet atm but it's basically left stick move/aim, right stick dodge roll, abxy rt bumper/rt trigger - skills. Left bumper is potion.

How did you find that out about junk sorting? See this is why they needed a proper manual. Also new folks won't know what weapons and stats their class use etc... Not sure why they didn't include it. Unless I just missed it while goofing around for the hour or so I played.

How did you find that out about junk sorting? .

I saw in the menu you can junk stuff. Went to store, saw sell junk. Wasn't that hard to figure out. I mean if I was new to gaming in general maybe? Yes they don't throw all this info in your face to teach you but it's not too hard to figure out on your own.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Boom! Diablo down :3. Felt good man. Took me like 7 hours I guess?

Now, sleep... I think...

Edit: lol he dropped a legendary belt. That makes it #11!

#11 legendaries on normal (hard)

Boogdud

I saw in the menu you can junk stuff. Went to store, saw sell junk. Wasn't that hard to figure out. I mean if I was new to gaming in general maybe? Yes they don't throw all this info in your face to teach you but it's not too hard to figure out on your own.

Oh no, I don't mean that it's buried or anything. I just think some of it might be intimidating to some folks if it's not laid right out in the beginning.

They probably could have just done a three minute movie for new folks to the series. Bit like you said, it's not mind blowing stuff. Is just laid out a bit different than most console games.

Don't know if this has been posted here (apologies if it has), but you can label your loot that you don't want as junk by clicking the right stick. Then, when you go to a vendor you can sell all of your junk you can press the right stick to insta sell all of your junk that was labeled as such. The same can be applied towards a blacksmith.
I was hoping for exactly this capability. Thanks.

Oh no, I don't mean that it's buried or anything. I just think some of it might be intimidating to some folks if it's not laid right out in the beginning.

They probably could have just done a three minute movie for new folks to the series. Bit like you said, it's not mind blowing stuff. Is just laid out a bit different than most console games.

It def could be intimidating, what's awesome though is the Diablo 3 community of gamers, in my experience, are awesome at giving you advice. :D In the stream yesterday, all sorts of folks were helping me out, chatting, etc. Was a good time.

zulfate

Haha awesome that they have the label/sell junk stuff that was in borderlands 2. Fucking blizzard making this a better version than the pc lol.

I bought the 360 version but i am buying a ps4 i am praying to the gods of hell that i will some how be able to transfer my characters on to there.....swallow my soul.

Yeah same here, or at least... trying. I REALLY want to buy and play this game, but I don't want to double dip and I will hate myself when the superior version releases a few months later. So. Hard. To. Resist.

I am buying it now and getting my fill because my ps4 early days will be filled with battlefield and such, I will most likely buy the ps4 version when it drops in price or when the expansion comes out if it's day and date. My brother wanted to party up, this is all his fault.

Yoshichan

#12, ring dropped by a treasure gob.

Rev3rb

Took a printout of the toysrus deal to my ocal bestbuy store today and picked it up for $44. Excited to hop on when I get home!

Yoshichan

#13, a 1H mace. Incredible upgrade!

.la1n

Taking my time, stopped after getting to Act II. One thing I will say, the inventory system is not bothersome at all. It works great. I was a little worried from watching previews it wouldn't be intuitive at all but quite the opposite.

Gamestop matched the ad for me too :D $45 for the 360 version. Over 2500 hours on the pc version with 2 of every class at 60 + 2 paragon lvl 80+ and I still caved in for this. I'm shocked how well it controls on the 360. I'm only level 13 but the loot is already much better. Nice to get gear as quest rewards too now.

Dahbomb

As a casual game, D3 on consoles is probably the best ARPG loot game out there. In some ways it's much better than the PC version.

However similar to the PC version it sort of loses its charm when you get above LVL60 and start getting into Paragon levels. You will have better gear and more Legendaries but even on consoles there will come a time where upgrades are rare and at that point you are just playing for P100 or min/maxing stats. Game has among the lowest shelf life out of all the ARPGs out there, significantly lower than the PC version of D3. To it's credit though you will be having more fun in that short time.

JCizzle

My mailman is so fucking slow it's infuriating. It's 830 and he's just now starting to put in the mail, which will likely take 60 min. RAGEEEEEEEEEE. I needmy Diablo.

I keep almost beating the first boss, then getting stuck on something I'm not sure of near the end of the fighting and dying almost instantly. I am playing on hard, though. Still, just 10x harder than anything else so far.

Jrmint

One thing I haven't seen mentioned much:
This game sounds INCREDIBLE with full surround sound in my living room, something I never fully appreciated on my PC.

Is anybody having sound problems with the 360 version? It's practically all bass, and we can't hear the voice work. It comes through every channel but the center. We're doing local co-op.

So far I'm a bit disapointed. It's not as responsive as I expected, and I'm wondering why each character can't go into their inventory screen without distrupting the flow of the game. If my wife goes to her equip screen I'm just waiting there. Very annoying.

Yoshichan

Nightmare skeleton king done. This shit is addicting but it's 2:40am and I need to head to bed :( oh well. First session:

Level 34 barbarian - nightmare (hard)
2633 damage
1611 armor
5100 health
12 legendaries

gg

Crimzun Wolf

Neo Member
WWC4HH5.jpg
Hmm... maybe the loot system is too good...
Dropped the same legendary I already had. Sad thing is it's an improvement.

Seik

Banned
Nightmare skeleton king done. This shit is addicting but it's 2:40am and I need to head to bed :( oh well. First session:

Level 34 barbarian - nightmare (hard)
2633 damage
1611 armor
5100 health
12 legendaries

gg

I said damn.

Nice run Yoshi, as always.

ElRenoRaven

Yup. This game is amazing. I think I'm loving playing it on the console more then I love playing the Diablo games on PC. Sadly with work I have only about an hour and a half of playtime on it but damn that was a fun as hell hour and a half.

Skeleton King down (Hard). Lvl 10 DH. Not much to talk about except for the fact that I love the controls and the performance are alright. Tons of tearing in certain places while it's smooth as butter in others. The framerate really is inconsistent, but not in the sense that it fluctuates nonstop. More like it depends where you are. Overall I approve of this port. PS3 version btw.

Edit:

One thing that bothers me is the new rolldodge. Don't get me wrong; it's fantastic but it kind of breaks the purpose of certain skills for the Demon Hunter, notably Smoke Screen and Vault. Those are still good skills but I find myself using rolldodge and bind different skills instead since the rolldodge is so powerful and efficient.

Kemal86

Lots of screen tear on PS3. It of course varies per person how much this bothers you.

Not sure I've got the hang of the rolldodge, there don't seem to be any invulnerability frames and with your hitbox being so huge, I always get nailed by projectiles even if i roll out of the way.

Dahbomb

Roll sort of sucks starting out but when you have high movement speed and stacks of Nephalem Glory it becomes really good and quick. The Roll scales with your movement speed.

MrDaravon

The roll is neat, but playing as a DH I'm still not finding that it replaces Vault, just since Vault goes further/faster and you're invincible during it IIRC (I actually don't remember, I only play with Vault on the PC version for movement speed purposes).

On 360 after about 4 hours I've seen no framerate drops, and minor tearing here and there but nothing that bad, a minor annoyance at the very worst. PS3 version definitely seems to have more tearing and framerate issues judging by posts here and elsewhere though.

Jedi2016

Roll sort of sucks starting out but when you have high movement speed and stacks of Nephalem Glory it becomes really good and quick. The Roll scales with your movement speed.
Seems like that's exactly what I need on my melee classes that are always standing in the fire/molten/desecration/plague/etc.

Wilsongt

I started out as monk wanting to try something new.... I played as it a bit and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

Gotta go back with my staple of Demon Hunter. Feels so much more... perfect.

Top Bottom