• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

smr00

Banned
I have the Infernal Helm code atm. Not actually used it. I know it will get replaced quickly, so its just a vanity thing. :D
I used to mine to like level 15-16 sadly.

The XP boost is nice, especially if you plan on playing more than 1 character.

Rixa

Thanks, yeah that sounds annoying.
Regarding loot in co-op, it's not like Borderlands is it? Where all the loot is shared across players? My buddy got different stuff when we were playing together.

Yep, not like Borderlands style.

2 player local coop gave different drops to us yesterday as quest reward (both were blue but different stats & slots).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Seems to happen for Yoshi or Riggs every minute if I read that correctly.

Has not happened to me with the 360 version. Perhaps a latency issue?
Wait, this never happened to me unless an achievement was popping up while tons of enemies are exploding around me.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
My copy of the game (PS3) is supposed to be delivered today, but I won't be able to play it until tomorrow since I have a date after work today...

WHY IS LIFE SO DIFFICULT?!!

My copy of the game (PS3) is supposed to be delivered today, but I won't be able to play it until tomorrow since I have a date after work today...

WHY IS LIFE SO DIFFICULT?!!

Gets Diablo 3 delivered today. Can not play it until tomorrow because of a date. Complains about how difficult his life is.

You must have had it very easy in your life.

EDIT: Damn iphone and its fucked up editing. Made a double post thanks to tapatalk.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Gets Diablo 3 delivered today. Can not play it until tomorrow because of a date. Complains about how difficult his life is.

You must have had it very easy in your life.

EDIT: Damn iphone and its fucked up editing. Made a double post thanks to tapatalk.

Haha. Your sarcasm meter needs some repairs.

ElRenoRaven

So having been able to sleep after my brief playtime last night I have to say the game really works with the controller.

I love the way the menus are simple and straight forward. This was the big thing they had to get right and they did. At the same time the controls are damn good. It really feels like the game was designed for a controller. That's a damn good accomplishment for the port. In fact playing it with the controller I feel diablo actually works better with a controller now. That's how much I'm enjoying it. The only thing I would change there is allow us to map a couple of our buttons. I'd prefer attack on the square button and enter or exit a location to a different button. I did accidentally leave the well when fighting enemies near the exit. That's a minor nitpick though and one I was aware of before buying because I had seen a video have that issue. I was so sure I'd avoid that but in the midst of battle it can happen.

The framerate hasn't bothered me. I'm usually not picky there though. Even the screen tearing isn't that bad for me. It usually doesn't bother me either though unless it's extremely bad. Seems to tear more in combat and since it's such a busy moment I don't notice it as much as I would if I was just walking around and it would be.

Overall though Blizzard really nailed this I think. I'll definitely upgrade to the PS4 version when that hits. It also though makes me wish they would do something diablo like in the Warcraft universe. I'd play something like this warcraft themed without a doubt. Course they haven't so alas it's Diablo for me. That's ok too since I loved the first two back in the days.

Lord Phol

So having been able to sleep after my brief playtime last night I have to say the game really works with the controller.

I love the way the menus are simple and straight forward. This was the big thing they had to get right and they did. At the same time the controls are damn good. It really feels like the game was designed for a controller. That's a damn good accomplishment for the port. In fact playing it with the controller I feel diablo actually works better with a controller now. That's how much I'm enjoying it. The only thing I would change there is allow us to map a couple of our buttons. I'd prefer attack on the square button and enter or exit a location to a different button. I did accidentally leave the well when fighting enemies near the exit. That's a minor nitpick though and one I was aware of before buying because I had seen a video have that issue. I was so sure I'd avoid that but in the midst of battle it can happen.

The framerate hasn't bothered me. I'm usually not picky there though. Even the screen tearing isn't that bad for me. It usually doesn't bother me either though unless it's extremely bad. Seems to tear more in combat and since it's such a busy moment I don't notice it as much as I would if I was just walking around and it would be.

Overall though Blizzard really nailed this I think. I'll definitely upgrade to the PS4 version when that hits. It also though makes me wish they would do something diablo like in the Warcraft universe. I'd play something like this warcraft themed without a doubt. Course they haven't so alas it's Diablo for me. That's ok too since I loved the first two back in the days.

Nice write-up! Pretty sure I'll be enjoying the game by the sounds of it.
About that last part, that would be pretty damn nice, I would jizz my pants so hard if Starcraft ever got Diablofied.

Silav101

Where am i supposed to find the wings that come with the infernal helm dlc?

In your inventory, under the Potions section. Also, if you have the Crimson and Angelic wings, you can have both effects on at the same time. Looks rather nifty.

Edit: And off the top of my head, the Angelic Wings are present in your inventory from the start, but the Crimson Wings are in your stash in town.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
In your inventory, under the Potions section. Also, if you have the Crimson and Angelic wings, you can have both effects on at the same time. Looks rather nifty.

Edit: And off the top of my head, the Angelic Wings are present in your inventory from the start, but the Crimson Wings are in your stash in town.
Wow. Need to try this!

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Anyone else have a less than 1 sec freeze or stutter on the PS3 version quite a bit?

we played a 3 player online session yesterday and one of my mates complained about that. i had no such issues aswell as the host of the game.

theDeeDubs

Played most of the night on PS3 and loving it. Being able to play with the DS3 has fixed a lot of the problems I had with the game on PC as it never felt right to me with a mouse and keyboard. My only gripe I have left is I have never been crazy about the available classes or their models. Hopefully the PS4 version will ship with Templar as I would (sadly) triple dip.

Thanks. I'll check it out tonight.

Love the game, had a blast playing with a few buddies last night.... but whoever decided throwing jars of spiders was "ok"... you are a bad person and should feel bad lol

DSmalls84

After playing over 400 hours on pc this version is pretty solid.

Almost to the skeleton king and haven't seen any legendary gear yet.

The only downside is there seems to be a lot less gear in general. Other than that I'm enjoying my demon hunter.

BFIB

Got a strong feeling I'm caving and stopping to pick this up today.

Is the ToysRUs deal still the best deal? I see its $44.99, wonder if I can price match at BB?

I honestly have never played my PS3 online. I'd like to dive in with this (and with GTA V coming soon). As far as headsets, will any bluetooth headset work? Any recommendations?

molnizzle

What a fool I was to worry about using a controller to target mobs with the ranged classes! With the directional targeting it's actually easier than having to micro your targets on the PC.

dat relentless, perfectly accurate Rapid Fire ownage. O_O

For what it's worth, my Best Buy said TrU wasn't on their list of pricematch retailers. I even saw the list, so I guess there's a list?

This game is hard. I'm at Fields of Misery. Fitting name.

I need help. I play from 9am-4pm EST through the week and I have weekends off from work.

My demon hunter is level 11 now.

PSN ID - McWorked_You

Curufinwe

Got a strong feeling I'm caving and stopping to pick this up today.

Is the ToysRUs deal still the best deal? I see its $44.99, wonder if I can price match at BB?

I ordered the 360 version for in-store pickup at Toys R Us yesterday, but I haven't got my 'Ready for Store Pickup' email yet.

molnizzle

So there I was playing Dragon's Crown in bed last night when I came to a starting realization. When the PS4 port of D3 comes out... I'll be able to play that from the comfort of my own bed as well.

Guys.

smr00

Banned
For what it's worth, my Best Buy said TrU wasn't on their list of pricematch retailers. I even saw the list, so I guess there's a list?

At the time of purchase, we will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor's store and these designated major online retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com.

The best way to show proof of price is to bring in the competitor's current ad or notify us of the website address of the designated major online retailer. We may call the competitor's retail store or check the website address of the designated major online retailer to verify the lower price and availability of the item.

If they refuse to PM the website, have them call. They have to PM any competing retail withing a certain distance which i believe is 25 miles. Print out the policy or have them check it. I ran into this problem with BB before and demanded a manager and he settled it quickly. Most of the people who work there don't know or understand their own policies so you have to do their job for them at times which is both embarrassing for them and frustrating for you.

Casanova

Getting this game (PS3) tomorrow on Payday!

My PSN is Green_Shoelaces if anyone wants to add me to play. I won't be online for about another 10 days or so, however. I just moved, and the cable company in my area is absolute shit. They seem to be having trouble with the transfer from my old house.

Pretty excited. I've never played a Diablo game before, so any hints or suggestions are welcome.

koji

So there I was playing Dragon's Crown in bed last night when I came to a starting realization. When the PS4 port of D3 comes out... I'll be able to play that from the comfort of my own bed as well.

Guys.

Man, it's going to take the whole comfy couch thing to an entire new level. Fluffy beds!

Yeah I've been thinking the same thing, I was seriously bummed out by the whole remote play premise on PS3 6 years ago though, but playing D3 on the vita, yum!

Drame

It's not really a spoiler man. His name IS the name of the game after all.
Thatsthejoke.jpg

Anyways, ramping the difficulty on nightmare to Master 1 really paid off. Game got whole a lot enjoyable to play. But now my soon to be WW barb isn't plowing his way through like before. Yet!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
After playing over 400 hours on pc this version is pretty solid.

Almost to the skeleton king and haven't seen any legendary gear yet.

The only downside is there seems to be a lot less gear in general. Other than that I'm enjoying my demon hunter.

I feel the opposite entirely. Gear drops now feel a lot more meaningful and you rarely are overloaded with vendor trash, which I find a problem with most loot-driven games. Less time managing your "junk" bin and more time actually playing. Even though early on a lot of the loot is of minor upgrade consequence, it's far more exciting when you see a drop than getting waylaid by a metric fuckton of garbage exploding out of corpses.

Daigoro

bought it. priced matched in-store at TRU.

my first Diablo game! i rolled a female Demon Hunter as my first character. just couldnt go Barbarian for my first character.

of course i noticed tearing 5 seconds into the game lol (360 version). hasnt been horrible yet though.

DSmalls84

I feel the opposite entirely. Gear drops now feel a lot more meaningful and you rarely are overloaded with vendor trash, which I find a problem with most loot-driven games. Less time managing your "junk" bin and more time actually playing. Even though early on a lot of the loot is of minor upgrade consequence, it's far more exciting when you see a drop than getting waylaid by a metric fuckton of garbage exploding out of corpses.

Yeah my drops are starting to get more frequent now and it does seem like the majority are for my class. Gives me hope when I do find my first legendary that it will at least be something I need.

Top Bottom