• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 Datamined: Lots Of New Info, [February Open Beta Is Likely]

Holden

oh wow for a while i thought vengeful spirit wasn't a girl no longer, wouldn't be able to call her swap-girl :O just her face kinda makes it weird ;/

Ark

Makes me sad that Dota 2 was datamined, but there you go.

Just hurry up and release it already Q__Q

Gino

Ark said:
Makes me sad that Dota 2 was datamined, but there you go.

Just hurry up and release it already Q__Q

Yeah, especially because it's still beta and everything is still changing all the time. It is not Representative of the final game.

x3r0123

Darth Kupi said:
Really? Does Valve really need this?

Well, at least its equal fan-service for both sexes. Pugna's rocking some sweet spirit wizard cleavage (DEM RIBS!), and Lich is wearing a metal Borat mankini.

:p

Although Enchantress has a bellybutton, yet Leshrac does not.

WHY!!??!

Also is razor a literal cone underneath that suit of his?

that razor's model is bottomless
samething can be said about sf

also, why is tide wearing a skirt?

Gino

x3r0123 said:
that razor's model is bottomless
samething can be said about sf

also, why is tide wearing a skirt?

He wears pants in the current version so I don't think these models are correct.

Gino

Togglesworlh said:
Yeah I don't even remotely care, and if you want to be objective, there's lots of exposed manflesh as well.

DAT PUDGE unf
He's got some serious moobs.

EDIT: I was wrong about the hair, He does have the style in that image. Still, once you are looking down from the top it looks fine.

perryfarrell said:
^ the cleavage etc. is actually pretty minor, compared to the average game these days. Not sure why you're making such a fuss

Because I expect better from Valve, that's why.

Other game devs get a pass, because they're not Valve.

I don't mind Tits 'n Ass... just not in a Valve game.

Really, they should make all of the female characters, short, fairly fat/stout, masculine, horribly scarred and pock marked, with bad teeth (where they have teeth left anyway). That would make it realistic and completely non-sexist!

Oh wait, that would be incredibly retarded. The characters are designed to be appealing--not realistic--and cleavage, slender bodies, attractive features, as all a part of that.

Neki

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
Really, they should make all of the female characters, short, fairly fat/stout, masculine, horribly scarred and pock marked, with bad teeth (where they have teeth left anyway). That would make it realistic and completely non-sexist!

Oh wait, that would be incredibly retarded. The characters are designed to be appealing--not realistic--and cleavage, slender bodies, attractive features, as all a part of that.

that's not even realistic though. girls with slender figures and above average body types exist in real life.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
9znCu.jpg

Thoraxes

Yeah he probably did Epi-sode instead of Ep-i-sode.
Either way, GAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
He's a really good troll.

GhostRidah said:
The only beta's that invite 100k off the start are stress tests, they will be inviting a few thousand weekly I bet.
They originally said they were going to invite 100k a few weeks after the tournament.

No I don't have a quote, and I'm too lazy to look for one, so I could be mistaken.

Sibylus

Banned
Togglesworlh said:
They originally said they were going to invite 100k a few weeks after the tournament.

No I don't have a quote, and I'm too lazy to look for one, so I could be mistaken.
Think that was a target for the invite beta (probably the first of many), but Icefrog's gone on the record saying that it'll be rolled out much more gradually.

We aren't planning to have one big beta invite tomorrow. Right now the beta primarily consists of the tournament teams, Dota1 beta testers, and other players that might compete in upcoming events. We will gradually give access to more and more players over the coming weeks and months. The Dota2 development process, like with Dota1, is focused on getting incremental player feedback to help us prioritize features and functionality in the game. There won't be an immediate million person invite all at once, but rather a gradual buildup as we develop new features and test various aspects of the game in order to to make it an enjoyable experience for an expanding player base.
http://www.playdota.com/forums/538008-page6/petition-valve-about-closed-beta/#post2863820

Death by a thousand paper cuts!

Sibylus

Banned
Been watching, Na'Vi ftw! Love their inventive playstyle.

Togglesworlh said:
Yeah, but the original implication was that it would be an immediate thing, IIRC.
Idk, we kind of collectively assumed they'd just let 100,000 people in to start with, but we didn't really have much to support that.

Probably obvious, but: It looks like someone edited the model/texture for that. I CAN TELL CAUSE etc.

I also really doubt Valve would do that, knowing how hardcore their fans are about datamining.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Togglesworlh said:
Probably obvious, but: It looks like someone edited the model/texture for that. I CAN TELL CAUSE etc.

I also really doubt Valve would do that, knowing how hardcore their fans are about datamining.
Ehhh, it's not cause of the other underwearless guy :p

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1065119/halflife_2_episode_3_code_doesnt_mean_anything_valve.html

Lines of code rumoured to be related to Half-Life 2: Episode 3 in the leaked DotA2 client don't necessarily indicate anything regarding the future of Gordon Freeman, Valve has told NowGamer.

"Anything people get out of that rumour, they shouldn't take it as meaning anything," Chet Faliszek told us at a London presentation of Counter Strike: Global Offensive. "I mean, I guarantee that if you went into the original Half Life source code now, you'd probably find mention of unrelated stuff labelled 'HL3' there already. Its just the way it happens."

Faliszek added that the rumours down to gamers speculatively piecing things together.

Riiight Chet :p

Top Bottom