• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Round XV: Cross Assault Survivors Reunion | Fighting game tournament | Mar. 2-4

GeoNeo

I disagree.
HOLD DAT s.LK

HOLD DAT SHIT CLOSE TO YOU RIBS SON

ROFL

he could have thrown him much sooner dude is newbie it seems. hehe.

Well, considering that Kotaku et al. are based around the San Francisco area, it's unlikely they'd be able to get out to Atlanta (or get approval for the funds) on such short notice, but if some prominent members invited them out to NCR or something, it wouldn't be hard for them to take them up on it.

Also, as much as I'm glad about Chris G getting a sponsor that can get him out to more stuff, that video was kinda terrible and the retiring of the troll theme song makes me sad :(

However, you can sing Fingercramp Chris G to the same tune that you can sing Local Battles Chris G so maybe someone can get Yipes to do a modified version to remix lol.

Yeah, either revel in the trolliness of the stream chat or hide the chat. I have gimmick accounts too, but even I have to hide the chat sometimes.

It's not as if you're going to find anything substantive there.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
This is probably my 250th stream or so, actually. Just sad that Sp00ky puts all so many people in as mods and nobody is bothering to click the ban and timeout buttons.

Because even if Sp00ky was to get offended by what was said in the chat (unlikely), he knows that timing people out or banning them would just lead to EMP_Troll_Name#374 because its so easy and fast to make another account, you don't even need to use a real email.

Timing out/banning people on Twitch is pointless.

Nabs

This is probably my 250th stream or so, actually. Just sad that Sp00ky puts all so many people in as mods and nobody is bothering to click the ban and timeout buttons.

Have you seen what happens when you just start banning everyone? Sp00ky knows what he's doing.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
No it isn't. It's easy to make another account and troll, but it's even easier to click that little ban button. Especially if you use an IRC client and can just right click and ban a name.

Again, that doesn't solve the problem, and it just makes the person want to troll even harder as Nabs pointed out.

Haha, just spotted the Huw_Dawson in chat. That's pretty funny.

I'm FairlySadPanda on Twitch btw. Might want to use that if you fancy trolling.

Warpticon

Because even if Sp00ky was to get offended by what was said in the chat (unlikely), he knows that timing people out or banning them would just lead to EMP_Troll_Name#374 because its so easy and fast to make another account, you don't even need to use a real email.

Timing out/banning people on Twitch is pointless.

Speaking as a mod in Team Spooky chat, it's also worth noting that 13 people is not exactly a large number to police thousands of people talking at once, especially when they're just mashing on words. And yes, the ease of creating new accounts makes bans limited in effectiveness, although it is funny that i recently found Skullgirls fanart on pixiv with the text "spooky unban me" at the bottom.

JudgeN

No it isn't. It's easy to make another account and troll, but it's even easier to click that little ban button. Especially if you use an IRC client and can just right click and ban a name.

I don't think you understand it would be a full time job to sit there and ban stream chat trolls, even then you never get them all.

I've moderated chats of 2000 people on Twitch. You just ban people. They come back? Ban them again!

They will spend more time making accounts than you will banning them. In any case, banning is a fun pastime.

Nabs

I've moderated chats of 2000 people on Twitch. You just ban people. They come back? Ban them again!

They will spend more time making accounts than you will banning them.

It takes 1 second to make a new account. You don't even need a valid email account to chat.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I really hope kotaku quote the stream monsters. Just to show how desperate kotaku are.

It would end up being like sankakucomplex / other sites constantly quoting futaba as information sources.
AKA expected for Kotaku

Warpticon

This is so far from the truth it's hilarious. I don't know how many times I've tried to ban people and misclicked double digit times because the chat is moving too fast to keep up with?

Each to their own. I am speaking from a background of very low tolerance towards people being idiotic in stream chats.

Again, banning people is great entertainment if nothing else. Obviously you should only ban people who actually spam or make racist/sexist jokes.

EDIT:
This is so far from the truth it's hilarious. I don't know how many times I've tried to ban people and misclicked double digit times because the chat is moving too fast to keep up with?

Use a real IRC client.

In fairness it looks like links are auto-deleted in the chat which is one thing I guess.

It's that fast to make a twitch account? I never bothered to create one.

IIRC you try to post something, then fill in about seven boxes and you're all set.

Might be an idea for Twitch to force email validation if that's what it takes to shut down spam in popular streams.

Also it's def. for the best that Aris isn't at Final Round. He needs to sort his life out.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
off topic: how do you get the url for a single tweet?

I'm technologically challenged.

Top Bottom