• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Round XV: Cross Assault Survivors Reunion | Fighting game tournament | Mar. 2-4

Nabs

off topic: how do you get the url for a single tweet?

I'm technologically challenged.

I click on the open button with my middle mouse button to create a new tab. I'm new to this version of twitter, so that's all I got.

Damn, I thought twitch forced email validation this whole time to make accounts, haha.

You could still make fake emails of course, but still.

Hmm, slow mode's on now too. That's probably why the chat's actually readable now.

Am I one of the only people with a problem with major US FGC event streams reading like /b/? I have to know.

EDIT: Okay, looks like slow mode's made chat much more readable. I get the same kick out of funny usernames and silly comments as everyone else so I'd rather not shut off the chat if I can help it.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
this works for me and my touchpad! woo, technology!

HV4Zb.jpg

TDLink

Cross Assault finals confirmed for 10 PM EST Saturday night (tomorrow) on Spooky's stream. Should be added to the OP.

BTW at the Huw_Dawson guy on the Sp00ky stream, you might want to switch accounts, I put that one on ignore. I wanna see you being creative with that trolling! GO GO GO.

Having to watch the stream without sound sucks. Anyone know if there'll be more ST or HDR today?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
BTW at the Huw_Dawson guy on the Sp00ky stream, you might want to switch accounts, I put that one on ignore. I wanna see you being creative with that trolling! GO GO GO.

Having to watch the stream without sound sucks. Anyone know if there'll be more ST or HDR today?

havent heard anything. 3s then teams.

Brobzoid

Giantbomb gave evo props and they try to cover fighting games proper, especially sf and mk. broad brush etc etc

Wallach

I don't really get it. He thinks Kotaku doesn't post positive articles... so he doesn't want them to start? That's what Jebailey suggested.

Brobzoid

No headphones at work. :-(

Can someone give me the gist of it?

gist: doesn't post articles about positive things outta the fgc, but they posted about sexual harassment.

sadly forgetting that they have indeed posted positive articles about the fgc before (at least kotaku and giantbomb, dunno about destructoid).

Giantbomb gave evo props and they try to cover fighting games proper, especially sf and mk. broad brush etc etc

Yeah, GB (Klepek in particular) are fantastic. I remember them covering Noah at EVO and I feel their Cross Assault article was very good and fair.

Just keeping it real about "game journalism".

Called out all the sites that blew up over the Cross Assault-Aris fiasco but failed to ever publish any of the positive things surrounding the community over the past few years.

Which is pretty untrue, actually. Plenty of stuff got published about fighting games over the years. PA, for example, had published something about a week before I believe :/

Wallach

Yeah, GB (Klepek in particular) are fantastic. I remember them covering Noah at EVO and I feel their Cross Assault article was very good and fair.

There have been other times too, like when sites like Kotaku and Joystiq ran articles about the FGC raising money for Chris Hu after the fires.

Doomshine

I hope he actually does something with all the people that contacted him. Spooky told him to watch Final Round if he wants to know more about scene so hopefully he does that too.

That spooky rant was pretty funny.

Crying about sites not covering his/FGC achievements.

The FGC has their own feeds to publish that information....

I'm afraid to look at the chat

Aris showed up and he has a legion of people claiming that he's godlike.

I don't think we should be broad brushing general "gaming journalism". The thing we are accusing them of doing to the FGC.

They have posted stuff about the FGC before over the years that was not negative. Not to mention there are plenty of FGC specific sites.

If Capcom had handled things better it would never have been a story in the first place.

Getting more mad at people publishing a story than people doing straight up wrong bullshit is silly.

Top Bottom