• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Round XV: Cross Assault Survivors Reunion | Fighting game tournament | Mar. 2-4

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Cheapy D is friends with Scott Popular and Scott Popular is part of the Final Round crew.

Ah cool.

KuGsj.gif
@ That pizza box stick.

No more Rush Hour?! This is truly the end of days.

This is my take on this and commentary (especially if people say they are scared).

I watch alot of NBA. The tone of coverage by both the studio guys and the game guys is pretty different from ESPN to TNT.

I prefer the TNT way (and they run NBA TV as well), as it has more "edge" and more loose, compared to how ESPn/ABC does it.

Barkley is not running around cussing, but he is sometimes a tad raunchy, has made some subtle gay bar jokes to shaq/kenny, says hell and dumbass and stuff like that. And the NBA tv stuff is pretty funny to when they are doing the game look ins and ragging on players and stuff.

I feel commentary doesn't have to be squeaky clean, it can have some edge and color to it and still be entertaining. People just got to be reasonable and subtle and not go overboard with it.

IDK, I hope Yipes gets on the mic. PG-13 yipes is pretty good to me. maybe chris will have to bring it down a notch.

It's all about the energy though mostly, not the words. People will get by.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Looking forward to seeing what the JP Marvel players can do.

This is my take on this and commentary (especially if people say they are scared).

I watch alot of NBA. The tone of coverage by both the studio guys and the game guys is pretty different from ESPN to TNT.

I prefer the TNT way (and they run NBA TV as well), as it has more "edge" and more loose, compared to how ESPn/ABC does it.

Barkley is not running around cussing, but he is sometimes a tad raunchy, has made some subtle gay bar jokes to shaq/kenny, says hell and dumbass and stuff like that. And the NBA tv stuff is pretty funny to when they are doing the game look ins and ragging on players and stuff.

I feel commentary doesn't have to be squeaky clean, it can have some edge and color to it and still be entertaining. People just got to be reasonable and subtle and not go overboard with it.

IDK, I hope Yipes gets on the mic. PG-13 yipes is pretty good to me. maybe chris will have to bring it down a notch.

It's all about the energy though mostly, not the words. People will get by.

Yeah, but people aren't used to that. They're used to just getting on the mic without having to worry that some big blog is gonna take some little thing that someone says and sensationalize it.

Owensboro

Spooky is def not a fan of the all the censorship i should say.

He said people are scared to commentate and people don't know what is going on.

Makes sense. This is the first major event after the whole Cross Assualt thing, so people are going to be focus on these streams pretty intently. I have faith in Spooky, I just hope people aren't so scared that he has to do everything for all 3 days. That would be awful :(

zlatko

Banned
Tonight's the night we're going to make it happen, tonight's the night we put all other things aside.

#esports

Looking forward to seeing what the JP Marvel players can do.

Yeah, but people aren't used to that. They're used to just getting on the mic without having to worry that some big blog is gonna take some little thing that someone says and sensationalize it.

That's true. But I guess they are going to have to learn, at least for the big majors. People bring it down a notch when they do EVO commentary. Even Aris brought it down a noth when he did MK with UD.

Maybe Spooky tells them, do it like you are at EVO. So other guys will get on the mic.

Bizazedo

Yeah, it shouldn't be rocket science.

People probably want to resist, though. Who knows how much Spooky himself even agrees with it.

Spooky vs SRK? Drama whore inside me would love it, but I hope they realize they can still mostly act themselves. Just don't do stuff that would get them punched out by a girl / in "public".

GeoNeo

I disagree.
FINAL MOTHA FUCKING ROUND BABY.

FINAL ROUND...WHAT..

FINAL ROUND...WHAT..

FINAL ROUND...WHAT..

SHOUT OUT TO MY BOY WITH THE DORAG...HOPEFULLY WE GET THE FINAL ROUND PIMP SHOWING UP TODAY AND FILLING THAT PIMP CUP WITH THAT GRAPE DRANK

Owensboro

Looks like Black Mega Man prefers NOS energy Drinks. All kidding aside, I love the hat.

BRING ON THE 3RD STRIKE!

^^Hah, beaten by seconds

I-hate-u

I feel FRXIV was really where mvc3 started to elevate rapidly to the hype machine it is today. This is one of the biggest tournaments that both West and East Coast come to. I am excited peoples!!!!

Azure J

Goddamn @ that screencap. Stream monsters going all in regardless of what the current situation is in the community.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Goddamn @ that screencap. Stream monsters going all in regardless of what the current situation is in the community.

I have to say I never witnessed such crude chat in the past from stream monsters.

I blame kotaku clearly all these people are RPG or FPS fans out to tarnish the good name stream monsters in FGC have built for themselves.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Sorry if this has been answered already, but does anyone know how the streams are split up today and tomorrow? The images in the OP only have individual streams for Sunday. I'm assuming sp00ky will be 'capcom area' and alt/namco will be on Funky P?

I have to say I never witnessed such crude chat in the past from stream monsters.

I blame kotaku clearly all these people are RPG or FPS fans out to tarnish the good name stream monsters in FGC have built for themselves.

Trolls will be out in force.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but does anyone know how the streams are split up today and tomorrow? The images in the OP only have individual streams for Sunday. I'm assuming sp00ky will be 'capcom area' and alt/namco will be on Funky P?

The schedule looks weird, but there is streaming all 3 days. and I guess Spooky will cover the first column, other guy on the second

I hope kotaku or anyone else who wrote articles this past week are attending final round and not living through the stream.

Bison knee Bison knee Bison knee Bison knee Bison knee Bison knee Bison knee Bison knee Bison knee Bison knee Bison knee Bison knee Bison knee Bison knee

Top Bottom