• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to the summer transfer window and what Chelsea will do with it but I just hope Torres stays! He has not played well all the time but I still think he deserves a chance here. Also my local club has at least 5 players coming in so that is exciting haha. Last year we nearly signed Tore Andre Flo until his Brother convinced him to play for the team he was managing!

K1LLER7

Hazard: "My agent has met with Manchester, and with Chelsea, they both give good offers, and are both great clubs"

looks like he's going Chelsea, or he's trolling. This is off twitter so probably false.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hazard told the supporters "I still don't know where I'm going" but every commentator is calling bullshit on that since he supposedly told his teammates as soon as last week.

He's trying to milk it as long as possible :p He's enjoying it :/

elsk

Banned
Rummenigge’s speech at the post-match banquet:

3057819845.jpg

“Ladies and gentlemen,

It’s been one of those evenings when you ask yourself: wouldn’t it have been better to stay at home and not have to go through this? You ask yourself how this result could ever come about. This is also a speech I never wanted or wished to deliver in this form. Unfortunately, it’s reality.

We’ve had the final here in Munich, and our dream was to reach this final. We achieved that. We’ve seen a performance from our team which – in terms of desire, commitment and fighting spirit – was okay [applause].
It was clear the team fundamentally wanted to win this match. If we’re to criticise the team at all – and I think there are always two sides to a coin, and we unfortunately have to reflect on the less agreeable side of the coin – we had three match points. We were 1–0 up after 83 minutes. We had a penalty in extra time. And we were in the lead after the third penalty in the shootout – and still we failed to make it…

On the way here, I travelled past hordes of Bayern fans who were leaving the Public Viewing at the Olympic Stadium, and I can only say this: there was unbelievable sadness in the air. The people, the fans were despondent and sad. Our grieving, and probably also the anger we all feel to a certain extent, will probably only really come out when we wake up tomorrow, when we truly realize what a huge chance we’ve spurned this evening. […] We could have won our final at home. […]
I’ve just seen Franz Beckenbauer on TV, who said: what are the English supposed to do about it? When they eventually go to bed tonight, taking the cup with them, they’ll wake up tomorrow and ask themselves: what actually happened here? We’ve won the cup and not Bayern Munich, who played better football, invested more in the match, and created unbelievable chances [applause]. But unfortunately, we’re sitting here empty-handed, and that makes me very sad.

I went through it all in 1999, when we lost so dramatically in Barcelona to goals in the 89th and 92nd minutes. That was unbelievably brutal, but I almost have the impression this evening is somehow even more bitter, brutal and basically also unnecessary. The pain is unbelievable, and looking around the tables now, I have the impression that’s the mood you share.

I’m very sorry for the team who basically had a magnificent Champions League season [applause]. It was our 15th match and the seventh at home, where we won all of them. And we would have been absolutely deserved winners today. But we still have to ask ourselves why we didn’t win. That’s something which is very hard to understand, for now at least. In these cruel and sad hours, it’s very important to remain rational and somehow simply accept that this is what’s happened, difficult as it is. […]

It’s late, past two o’clock, everybody will be a little hungry and thirsty. Everyone wants to lick their wounds. Even at this bitter and sad time, I wish you all a pleasant evening and bon appetit.”

Javi Martínez is a DM, but Bielsa is using him as CB (I guess the other CBs are very shit). I wish we buy him, Tymo looks very shaky as DM. He's losing his quality already.

I don't know about Jupp, he doesn't have balls. He's just a coach-puppet the board wanted and well he failed to be the coach as he failed to be the coach in Real Madrid. The divas took over the room, and he's merely an spectator. Still, I don't see what other options we have for the coach spot, maybe Benítez?

I see, I'm sure he's better than Tymo & Gustavo.

Hazard is so damn annoying..

fuenf

Javi Martínez is a DM, but Bielsa is using him as CB (I guess the other CBs are very shit). I wish we buy him, Tymo looks very shaky as DM. He's losing his quality already.

I don't know about Jupp, he doesn't have balls. He's just a coach-puppet the board wanted and well he failed to be the coach as he failed to be the coach in Real Madrid. The divas took over the room, and he's merely an spectator. Still, I don't see what other options we have for the coach spot, maybe Benítez?

Benitez + Torres would be great ;) just kidding, the problem is that a Bayern coach has to speak German that makes it nearly impossible to find a good one.

K1LLER7

He did get alot of people to watch the Lille match

^yeah, Chelsea now involved all of a sudden, probably offered the most and can now give CL football.

dc89

Well balls to him then. If he comes to City he comes at the end of the day.

But I won't be stalking him like I did Aguero :p

There will be no Hazday celebrations.

elsk

Banned
Bild: Bayern to spend 60 million on new players this summer.

Einigung: Claudio Pizarro wechselt zum FC Bayern München - FC Bayern - Sport - tz-online.de

Pizzaro is coming as a third striker. Also Nerlinger said: we already have a strong team, but we will buy more quality players, we will work like crazy this summer to strengthen our team, we will also watch the euro carefully so we know clearly what players we will have.

Benitez + Torres would be great ;) just kidding, the problem is that a Bayern coach has to speak German that makes it nearly impossible to find a good one.

Benitez does speak german, and he was in Munich like two times this season. At least he looks like having more balls than Jupp.

Manager

Hahahaha you're posting conspiracies about blue jackets and then justifying it by using Ref Cafe. Think about it.

I like Redcafe and post there myself. I'm just noting on you putting yourself on a high pedestal, while in reality there is a lot of trolling in here. As any City fan in here experience.

Avtomat

If he (Hazard) told his team mates last week it would have been leaked by now, I am sure of that my bet is on Man U.

As far back as I can remember he has always been a bit of an attention diva.

rififi

Good luck with trying to get Javi Martinez. It is quite rare for one of Athletic's top (and young) players to leave, especially to the Bundesliga.

Arnie

Benitez would be excellent for Bayern, and I think Bayern would be excellent for Benitez. At this point I want to see him coaching again, because I don't think he's gaining anything from sitting around waiting for the Liverpool job. It's pretty clear that he won't be offered it at this moment in time, although if he does well at Bayern for a few years and the post opens up in the future then who knows. He wouldn't have to sell his house either I'm sure.

Tony Barrett of The Times wrote an article about how AVB is seeking assurances before he considers the Liverpool job, and that we'll have to impress him as much as he needs to impress us. That's only fair I think, considering how he was treated at Chelsea by both the players and Abramovich. If he's here to implement a long term plan then the terms we give him should reflect that.

I'm already sick of him, and he's not even signed for anyone yet.

I kind of hope he flops, spectacularly.
He's one of those players who can't really flop though just because of his talent. Similar to Silva or Mata.

elsk

Banned
tumblr_m4an8d3wTz1r1fq7do1_500.gif

Man, Neuer is awesome.

Good luck with trying to get Javi Martinez. It is quite rare for one of Athletic's top (and young) players to leave, especially to the Bundesliga.

$$$$$ + CL
Llorente was about to join, but he wanted to be a starter.

Wes

venison crêpe
I stuck £15 on Ole becoming the new Villa manager. Rash move in hindsight.

One of the board members at Molde did an interview with Norwegian TV saying that there is a clause in Solskjaer's contract that he can leave if a Premier League side comes in for him.

From all of Ole's quotes over the weekend it sounds like the ball is now in Villa's court. If they offer him the job - he can and will take it.

Arnie

One of the board members at Molde did an interview with Norwegian TV saying that there is a clause in Solskjaer's contract that he can leave if a Premier League side comes in for him.

From all of Ole's quotes over the weekend it sounds like the ball is now in Villa's court. If they offer him the job - he can and will take it.

There's still hope then.

Congratulations to Montpellier, hope they can keep hold of Giroud, he's a top talent.

fuenf

Bild: Bayern to spend 60 million on new players this summer.

Benitez does speak german, and he was in Munich like two times this season. At least he looks like having more balls than Jupp.

The quote is mistranslated Nerlinger said "We wont do anything crazy but we know there's a Euro coming up, where we'll have to look (for players)."

Are you sure about him speaking german? He has to be fluid to even be considered, trust me on this, they wont want a second Trapatoni who was ridiculed because of his german.

Jubern

Congrats for staying in the league, Brest-gaf.

Thanks. Not sure we deserved it, considering the all-around terrible season and the shenanigans the guys at the top pulled out of their ass (Dupont :(). But I'll take what I can, especially since I thought we were totally doomed only less than three weeks ago.

Can you believe I actually watched pretty much every game they played this year. I'm so not doing that next year, thank god for the time difference with Japan that'll deter me from doing this to myself.

Congratulations Montpelier! What a season for them, fuck me. Reckon Belhanda and Giroud are going?
He already said he'd love to play in the Bundesliga, especially for Dortmund. But EPL is an option too (indirect quote).
Bayern were looking at signing Giroud, but that seems to be off the table now.

/edit

Thanks. Not sure we deserved it, considering the all-around terrible season and the shenanigans the guys at the top pulled out of their ass. But I'll take what I can, especially since I thought we were totally doomed only less than three weeks ago.

Can you believe I actually watched pretty much every game they played this year. I'm so not doing that next year, thank god for the time difference with Japan that'll deter me from doing this to myself.

You should still do it, Brest needs you :p
I had the same problem when I stayed in the US when watching Dortmund play.

elsk

Banned
The quote is mistranslated Nerlinger said "We wont do anything crazy but we know there's a Euro coming up, where we'll have to look (for players)."

Are you sure about him speaking german? He has to be fluid to even be considered, trust me on this, they wont want a second Trapatoni who was ridiculed because of his german.

Sorry, I'm just copying and pasting from another forum. My german is pretty basic.

Yes, I think he does speak german. (not 100% sure)
I'm sure nothing is worse than losing the CL final at home, I would rather hire Bielsa with a translator (he wouldn't agree) than keep another season with a mediocre german coach.

He already said he'd love to play in the Bundesliga, especially for Dortmund. But EPL is an option too (indirect quote).
Bayern was looking at signing Giroud, but that seems to be off the table now.

We are (were) interested in both Belhanda and Giroud.

Hazard :lol

I hope United ensure the Kagawa deal is done ASAP. I don't want us to mess that up cos Hazard is too busy winding people up.

Also City fans - get used to it. You wanna be big boys, let your balls drop and get used to people hating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom