• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!

In Steve Keans crunch talks with the owners in India he recommended his pr guy for a place on the board

The local journo just tweeted he has confirmed the position in an interview he did with him and it makes Kean have even more influence

Corrupt cunts can fuck off

RIP Blackburn Rovers I'll miss you old friend

:-(

Stubo

I can't claim to have been following the situation closely at all, but what's the end game for these antics? Who is possibly benefiting from doing this to Blackburn?

Also, expecting Modrić and especially Hazard to City :/ As long as they stay away from Kagawa, along with Mr. Wenger.

Stubo

Well yes, he himself does, but surely the owners have it in their best interests to like, not completely destroy their investment? (Sorry Jeff :( )

PaulLFC

Well yes, he himself does, but surely the owners have it in their best interests to like, not completely destroy their investment? (Sorry Jeff :( )
You would think that, it'd surely make sense. No idea what Venky's are doing, even worse, I wonder if they actually realise how much trouble they're putting the club in...

Purchase price - roughly £30m

Players sold - samba - more than £10m
Kalinic around £5m
Jones lets say £15m

Tv money £40million or so

They have brought players in but on massively lower wages than the players shipped out and got rid of a competent experienced backroom team and replaced with cheap untested guys

After running costs and the like I imagine they aren't far from breaking even already

The land at brockhall (training ground) is worth millions if need be but legally they can't touch it if the old owners oppose but they don't seem to care

Jack would be spinning in his grave

Edit - looks like it Kyle, nothing will work if it's how I perceive it now

vall03

just woke up, very crazy results today.

Congrats to Montpellier for winning their first title. I wonder if there is a chance for other small clubs in other leagues for this to happen again.

Also surprised that Juventus lost against Napoli.

Stubo

The way you put it, it really doesn't make for good reading. Would have to question if they're in it for the long run, because with such an aggressive cost cutting strategy the signs aren't good.

The backroom staff seem like an extremely stupid thing to cut since running the business competently is fundamental for the continued sustainability of the club :( If there's one place you don't want to go for bargains in it has to be there, doubly so since they seem to have extremely limited knowledge of the sport themselves.

Purchase price - roughly £30m

Players sold - samba - more than £10m
Kalinic around £5m
Jones lets say £15m

Tv money £40million or so

They have brought players in but on massively lower wages than the players shipped out and got rid of a competent experienced backroom team and replaced with cheap untested guys

After running costs and the like I imagine they aren't far from breaking even already

The land at brockhall (training ground) is worth millions if need be but legally they can't touch it if the old owners oppose but they don't seem to care

Jack would be spinning in his grave

Edit - looks like it Kyle, nothing will work if it's how I perceive it now
Absolutely dire state of affairs. I know fans can be fickle and it's not always best to listen to what they want. But surely in this situation it's as clear as day that Keane is a giant tosser who is universally disliked. He just has to go!

Messi

So Milan want 10 Mil + Thiago for Thiago Silva?

I don't like that deal. We should not be trying to sell Thiago. But thanks newspapers for clouding my options for the new barca kit on tuesday. Had totally convinced myself to get Thiago but now I am not sure, I really don't want him to be sold and ill have a kit that he will never wear. Same with Pedro, I fear barca will try to offload him.

Maybe i'll just go with Messi :/. Again.

LegoArmo

I don't like that deal. We should not be trying to sell Thiago. But thanks newspapers for clouding my options for the new barca kit on tuesday. Had totally convinced myself to get Thiago but now I am not sure, I really don't want him to be sold and ill have a kit that he will never wear. Same with Pedro, I fear barca will try to offload him.

You could get Thiago, but leave room for Silva.

Do you already have Sanchez?

Arnie

This current Blackburn situation should also remind people to always trust the fans when they're opposed to ownership en masse. It's not a case of always getting behind the team and lining up to praise their manager if there's a much graver future ahead. Those Blackburn fans who called for both Venkys and Kean's head many months ago were the same ones being often ridiculed by both journalists, pundits, 606 commentators and even on here.

Sometimes it takes being massively critical to do the best for your club. It's not looking good for Blackburn but at least the fans have been vindicated in everything they've done. I won't accept the mentality of putting an individual game worth 3 points over the clubs future.

And there were people in this topic who defended Kean. :lol

To be fair it was mainly Kermit

And to continue my live journal - officially accepting an offer on the house tomorow and I'm absolutely shitting it. We need to move to get a garden for the little dude and nearer a better school but I been here 9 years and quite comfy and making a change seems fucking scary after that long, plus doubling the mortgage is a scary thought.

Do or die I suppose!

Sorry about that (footballs dead to me at the mo so I may continue with my random thoughts of the day now)

ixJQ2rWLL572L.gif

iRvmZ7TYRC8eW.gif

And there were people in this topic who defended Kean. :lol

Wasn't it pretty much just Kermit? :lol

Edit : Beaten but hey, at least I didn't defend Kean.

Messi

You could get Thiago, but leave room for Silva.

That made me laugh more than it should have.

Do you already have Sanchez?

I do, on this seasons away. My ideas for this season were FINALLY Pedro (wanted one for 3 years), Thiago, Tello or Busquets.

Considered Abidal but he might retire. Have too many Villa jerseys, have puyol and pique. Alves I have one would get another but he might leave (please no :( )

But... but... Thiago Alcantara should join Bayern!

Thiago would be good with you guys, the same as he would be for us actually.

Arnie

To be fair it was mainly Kermit

And to continue my live journal - officially accepting an offer on the house tomorow and I'm absolutely shitting it. We need to move to get a garden for the little dude and nearer a better school but I been here 9 years and quite comfy and making a change seems fucking scary after that long, plus doubling the mortgage is a scary thought.

Do or die I suppose!

Sorry about that (footballs dead to me at the mo so I may continue with my random thoughts of the day now)

You staying North West?

Arnie

Moving from just outside Blackburn into blackburn itself but out Preston side near hoghton.

In a terrace at minute so no drive or garden so it can be a nightmare.

I think I've just got used to it all and change is scary lol

Sounds nice, I take it Hoghton's a nice village for the little nipper to grow up in. I grew up in Longton until I was about 10, very nice little place with a very quaint atmosphere. Then I moved to PR1 and felt the harsher realities of life.

Sounds nice, I take it Hoghton's a nice village for the little nipper to grow up in. I grew up in Longton until I was about 10, very nice little place with a very quaint atmosphere. Then I moved to PR1 and felt the harsher realities of life.

Spent too much time in PR1 (1BA) as my office was the big Bt building at the end of friargate for 7 years

Arnie

Wasn't around for the final, and it relates to the general consensus that we don't like seeing Terry happy, but did everyone notice how he was engulfed during the trophy ceremony and mostly forgotten in the row of players. Players like Bosingwa just wouldn't get out of the way and he ended up being hidden at the back, unable to get his face into view for the photo. Was one of the funniest moments of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom