• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fuck is she wearing?

Looks like a white dress after a polar bear attacked and ate some of her legs.

None of them tried their utmost to dump their team out of the competition with sheer stupidity in the semi.

Being infinitely less detestable also helps ;)

Oh I know, won't try and sugar coat Terry being a cunt and extremely dumb in that semi finale, but the whole "omg wearing teams kit" thing got a bit ridiculous yesterday.

3KwsK.jpg

Is there a good reason why Cheryl is in Cannes apart from "to be photographed?"

Am I the only one that is thinking a 'Cheryl Cole Feather-duster' could make serious money?

I really hate seeing JT so happy.

Probably the only player on the pitch I couldn't bring myself to feel remotely happy for. I read this on the night and laughed.
I loved seeing him so happy. And fuck Roy Keane, he's a mug. I'd of not only been on in full kit but I'd of been dipping my nut sack in in the cup.

Good thing the euros are coming up then.
:lol

So was Ramires, Premier Ass and Meireles.
Yeah but everybody conveniently just over looks this. I read those comments in the final thread after the fact as I was out.

But it's the same with all things Chelsea hate. It's amazing how perfectly good posters become idiots all of a sudden and look over obvious facts. Like earlier with the winners parade. People posting pictures of the bus in an empty street, clearly en route to the parade. You have a bunch of people quoting it, "OH MA GOD, IS THIS REAL LIFE LOLZ" "WOW LOLZ" "GREAT FANZ CHELSKI :LOL" and we're supposed to believe these guys are genuinely not aware there's 80,000 people further down the street.

Edit: anyway, slap it up them. Champions of Europe.

Messi

Wasn't around for the final, and it relates to the general consensus that we don't like seeing Terry happy, but did everyone notice how he was engulfed during the trophy ceremony and mostly forgotten in the row of players. Players like Bosingwa just wouldn't get out of the way and he ended up being hidden at the back, unable to get his face into view for the photo. Was one of the funniest moments of the night.

This made me laugh on the night.

Arnie

To be fair Kyle, I don't think many people actually believed that the bus was driving around with nobody there; the pictures were just too fucking funny not to post regardless. Such a hilarious juxtaposition seeing the bus decked out in blue, packed to the rafters riding parallel to a cyclist who couldn't give a shit.

And you'd be foolish to think that the general consensus here wasn't positive when Chelsea won, at least in the English camp. As much as I wanted Bayern to win during the game I certainly wasn't bitter at the end, mostly because this Chelsea team, at least the spine of it, deserve a winners medal for their performances over the last 6 years.

John Terry wishes he was as good as Keane.

So does Gerrard.

And Vieira for that matter.
Gerrard and Viera are/were better than Keane.

Hard to compare Terry.

You can stick it up your bollocks you fdasdhbsadasmdnuqw

John Terry wishes he was as good as Keane.

So does Gerrard.

And Vieira for that matter.
I'm not actually having a go at Keane for being Keane, I'm saying he's a mug for not getting his kit on and his bollocks in the trophy. Live it up!

To be fair Kyle, I don't think many people actually believed that the bus was driving around with nobody there; the pictures were just too fucking funny not to post regardless. Such a hilarious juxtaposition seeing the bus decked out in blue, packed to the rafters riding parallel to a cyclist who couldn't give a shit.

And you'd be foolish to think that the general consensus here wasn't positive when Chelsea won, at least in the English camp. As much as I wanted Bayern to win during the game I certainly wasn't bitter at the end, mostly because this Chelsea team, at least the spine of it, deserve a winners medal for their performances over the last 6 years.

Gerrard and Viera are/were better than Keane.

Hard to compare Terry.
I didn't say the English fans weren't behind us. In fact, earlier today I posted about how I thought it was great to see most of the recognisable folk of football-GAF behind us.

Clegg

I think I posted at the start of the final that I couldn't give a shit who won. Then as the match progressed, the thread became full of gobshites complaining that Chelsea weren't playing pretty football and therefore didn't deserve to win. It was an idiotic argument and was perpetuated by some posters that I thought knew better.

I defected to the Chelsea side because of their foolishness.

Wilbur

Banned
FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

I WAS ON THE LAST CHAPTER OF MAX PAYNE 3 AND THE PS3 FROZE DURING AN AUTOSAVE. FILE CORRUPTED AND MY WHOLE SAVE IS GONE.

I HAVE TO START AGAIN.

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

Stubo

I'm not actually having a go at Keane for being Keane, I'm saying he's a mug for not getting his kit on and his bollocks in the trophy. Live it up!
I wouldn't even blame you if you had a go. As much of a club legend as he is, he can be a very angry man on occasion. I remember a rant he had about players wearing gloves (I think during an Arsenal match) and wondering how it was at all relevant to whatever question was asked of him.

Great player, really not sure how I'd rank him among Gerrard and Viera if I attempted to be impartial. All greats of the game.

Also, I would like to clarify that I wasn't angry/upset/bitter at the Chelsea win, but I would've much preferred if Terry was somehow less able to enjoy it :p

Oh man, that sucks so much D:

Alright, someone tell me about this Cheryl chick. Shes attractive but I've gathered she's a bit...annoying.

Also, Messi, get Maradona or something. That'd be fun.

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

I WAS ON THE LAST CHAPTER OF MAX PAYNE 3 AND THE PS3 FROZE DURING AN AUTOSAVE. FILE CORRUPTED AND MY WHOLE SAVE IS GONE.

I HAVE TO START AGAIN.

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK
This makes me think it must not be that great, other wise you'd be thrilled to go back over it. How is it?

Also, that avatar :lol

Alright, someone tell me about this Cheryl chick. Shes attractive but I've gathered she's a bit...annoying.

Also, Messi, get Maradona or something. That'd be fun.
Was married to Ashley Cole who cheated on her if I remember correctly (don't concern myself with the works of shaggers, I like football not heat magazine). She's a smoking hot babe from the girl group Girls Aloud. She has a meh solo career and hangs about one of the blokes from the Black Eye' Peas. Like most celebrities she now just swans about and has her photo taken.

Sloosha

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

I HAVE TO START AGAIN.

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

Ouch.

I had someone invade my Dark Souls game yesterday while I was making a cup of tea. Thought I was in a safe area. :(

Arnie

Arnie posting from fantasyland.
untitled-1367xcb.gif

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

I HAVE TO START AGAIN.

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK
My PS3 hardrive once corrupted and I lost everything, let alone a single save. Which reminds me, I despise my PS3. Such a waste of money, only bought it for MGS4 and even that was an obscene let down.

Wilbur

Banned
This makes me think it must not be that great, other wise you'd be thrilled to go back over it. How is it?

Also, that avatar :lol/QUOTE]

Probably not the best time to ask, but is the game good?

I'm probs getting it tomorrow.

It's a very good game. Very cut scene heavy but gunplays as good as Uncharted, good story, great presentation and Max is a fantastic character. I'm annoyed because it was the last fucking chapter haha. I know everything that happens in the story except for how it ends. FUCK.

Will start it again in a few days when I'm not angry.

Tell me, how does this make you feel?

[IMhttp://i.minus.com/iML1vq8EzyAME.gif[/IMG]

Makes me want to eat my own dick and faeces

Could be worse. You could support Spurs.

This is true

Devil

Just arrived home an hour ago from Munich. I feel so damn empty inside... Still can't fucking believe we didn't win this. I'm usually not a sore loser, but I won't even give congrats to Chelsea, because that would imply that there is any way in which I would grant them the title. 2010 was a different story, losing that one was "okay". This year...? Fuck everything. There is no such thing as Karma.

Arnie

Just arrived home an hour ago from Munich. I feel so damn empty inside... Still can't fucking believe we didn't win this. I'm usually not a sore loser, but I won't even give congrats to Chelsea, because that would imply that there is any way in which I would grant them the title. 2010 was a different story, losing that one was "okay". This year...? Fuck everything. There is no such thing as Karma.

Even if there was such thing as Karma, that doesn't mean Bayern would've won the game.

Sloosha

Does anyone have that David Tennant in the rain gif. ;)

Clegg

It's a very good game. Very cut scene heavy but gunplays as good as Uncharted, good story, great presentation and Max is a fantastic character. I'm annoyed because it was the last fucking chapter haha. I know everything that happens in the story except for how it ends. FUCK.

Sounds good.

Does it keep the noir tone of the previous games?

elsk

Banned

Heh, actually I think the final was the conclusion of a season full of problems, and both the board and coach didn't want or cared to find a solution to any of those:

- Robben awful form since his last injury.
- Gómez wasting chances.
- Not being able to defeat defensive sides.
- Not having a decent bench, zero depth.
- Jupp making stupid decisions/changes.
- Awful set pieces, both in attack and defense.
- Team unable to overcome a difficult moment.

All of those worked against us in the final, kind of funny in a wicked way.

I've had this feeling that if Terry played in the final, Chelsea would have lost. Bad things happen to that man on big occasions.

Keane was immense in his prime, but so too was Gerrard. I never really felt that Viera was as important to those fantastic Arsenal sides as Keane and Gerrard were to their respective 'prime' teams.

TrueBlue

Haha, looking back at the trophy celebration last night, it certainly was bizzare. I think the excitement got to some (Bosingwa) because I struggled to see Lampard, let alone Terry.

Wilbur

Banned
In that order?

Well if he is, he's done well to amass a 13 billion odd fortune. Based on his handling of managers, let's say he is.

Probably shit first. Dick would wash away the taste.

Sounds good.

Does it keep the noir tone of the previous games?

Yeah. It's odd at first because everything's so sunny, but it's very Chandleresque in its dialogue and stuff. Max is a fantastic lead character. He's a walking cliche but a great one.

Fry

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

I HAVE TO START AGAIN.

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

Haa-haa!!!

I'm just jelly :( Well, at least I've been playing MP 1 and 2 and they're very good.

Wilbur

Banned
I've never played the first two. Got the first one on the PS3 but watching brother play it, framerate looks unbearable haha. Third one is great but yeah, lots of cut scenes.

Also Clegg I just saw your PM :lol

Devil

Even if there was such thing as Karma, that doesn't mean Bayern would've won the game.

Well, but I do think so. I hate debating about the definition of "deserved" and stuff, so I won't even bother. I don't know how neutral people saw the game, but as a Bayern supporter you just had the feeling that there is some higher power mocking you, getting your hopes up just to crush them and leave you with the biggest "WTF JUST HAPPENED" feeling of your life.

Pls no "higer power" quote with Drogba or Abramo pics. I'm out anyway.

Clegg

Yeah. It's odd at first because everything's so sunny, but it's very Chandleresque in its dialogue and stuff. Max is a fantastic lead character. He's a walking cliche but a great one.
Yep, I'm definitely getting this tomorrow.

I'm browsing the Playstation store and the original Max Payne is on sale for 9.99.

Should I?

Edit for PM: It just isn't worth the hassle arguing with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom