• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Poster Report: Sony cuts Vita shipment for France by 50%

monome

Again and again and again.

As far as I'm concerned PSVITA begs for some episodic content from all the big franchises.
New and short stories with reused assets from the big sisters versions.

Or they just put Bayonetta and Vanquish on it.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
You can't extrapolate Call of Duty's console success to the PSVita's version just because it could potentially have the same feature-filled version: people are by this point way too invested in their Gamertags/DLC/Clans/whatever on the PS3 and 360 versions to want to move anywhere. It's why when a new COD game releases, 98% of the sales come from those two versions.

If the Vita is getting its saving grace it will be from a completely unexpected surprise hit on the platform - after all the 'GTA will save PSP' of last gen, it actually turned out to be thanks to a port of an okayish-selling PS2 Japanese franchise that revitalised sales for both the hardware and the software.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Report ? Really ? .

if you do not understand French, at least use google because their source is a forum member

You're spoiling the fun! :p

Again and again and again.

As far as I'm concerned PSVITA begs for some episodic content from all the big franchises.
New and short stories with reused assets from the big sisters versions.

Or they just put Bayonetta and Vanquish on it.

One of the reasons that made me preorder was the NGS+ announcement (and Gravity Daze/Rush). I have it for the PS3 but I want play it without having to use the TV in the living room. While others watch TV, I can play the game.

I just hope they implement a save anywhere and anytime feature. That would make it much more feasible as a handheld game.

Bayonetta and Vanquish would be awesome on it. That's what appeals to me about the Vita. It can have both full console, lengthy experiences like Batman AA/AC that I prefer and more bite size, episodic, portable experiences that fit other peoples preferences.

EDIT: And I am stoked to play Persona 4 The Golden on it. Watched some of the GB ER and liked it but didn't feel compelled to play it on a console. When I saw it announced for the Vita, it felt like the perfect platform for me to experience it.

Bumhead

Banned
people are by this point way too invested in their Gamertags/DLC/Clans/whatever on the PS3 and 360 versions to want to move anywhere. It's why when a new COD game releases, 98% of the sales come from those two versions.

Do you not think that could actually work to be a pretty compelling sell for a CoD on Vita? At least for PS3 players, the opportunity to interact with their clans, tinker with Elite, sort their load outs etc on the go, using their existing profiles that they're already invested in? As well as - connections pending - the chance to play against their PS3 owning mates "wherever" they are?

I don't think the feasability of a proper portable CoD is in any doubt. The hardware can support it and if even a small percentage of the CoD audience see the appeal of mobile multiplayer/elite/clans then it'll be a worthwhile project for Activision financially. I don't think there's any question such a thing could work, or that it wouldn't be reasonably successful. Just weather there would be enough interest in that from non-Vita owners to spend £200 on a Vita. I don't think it would, even if it would prove successful to existing Vita owners.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Do you not think that could actually work to be a pretty compelling sell for a CoD on Vita? At least for PS3 players, the opportunity to interact with their clans, tinker with Elite, sort their load outs etc on the go, using their existing profiles that they're already invested in? As well as - connections pending - the chance to play against their PS3 owning mates "wherever" they are?

If Activision were sensible sods they would think about cross compatability between the PS3 and PSVita versions, if only in terms of sharing the same profiles. Also there is merit in the idea of fiddling with their stats and stuff on the go, and definitely can work even with just a 3G connection.

I'm still dubious of the prevailing thought that people will flock between the two for actual online play though, given the choice. The points about connection stability when out in the wild, so to speak, is a very good point that will dampen the Vita version's chances in the long run.

theBishop

Banned
I do.

Cod on a handheld is hardly some bizarre new thing. These games are not system sellers.

Hey dude are you getting God of War 3?

- I dunno. I played it on my cellphone, and didn't care for it.

god-of-war-mobile-3.jpg

Top Bottom