• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 06/28/16

Yeah, sorta. Why wouldn't it be? As a result of his comment I was actively looking for something to click on in the environment. It didn't evolve for me organically, the discovery didn't come naturally, which I though was a bummer.

At some point if you want a completely natural and protected experience you shouldn't be watching someone playing it. I understand why you'd you want to go in without any prior knowledge, but that's not the purpose of a quick look.

Kerned

Banned
At some point if you want a completely natural and protected experience you shouldn't be watching someone playing it. I understand why you'd you want to go in without any prior knowledge, but that's not the purpose of a quick look.
Of course, but he spoiled more than he claimed he would. Which is the crux of the matter.

I'm not mad about or anything, just pointing out personal anecdotes.

fleck0

Came in here to check if I would be safe listening to the Inside discussion... of course it's all anyone is talking about.

I skipped it but a safe time-code seems to be 32:44 right after Brad says "everyone should play Inside", which is all he needed to say to sell me.

Of course, but he spoiled more than he claimed he would. Which is the crux of the matter.

I'm not mad about or anything, just pointing out personal anecdotes.

That's the best (worst) part of Brad quick looks. He'll talk about how apprehensive he is of spoiling stuff, lull you into a false sense of security, then he'll spoil something once your guard is down

I haven't noticed anyone else spoil stuff as much as him, and most everyone else is like "whatever," about spoilers, but they manage to avoid them more than him

sikkinixx

Poor Brad is like a little kid when he can't gush over minute details of Inside. "It's amazing!" but gives hardly any reasons beyond "Limbo but better in every way!" I don't doubt it's good but watching video it... looks exactly like Limbo gameplay wise.

Black Dragon says, "Hit detected."
jeff-green.jpg

Mr. F

Banned
Has Brad ever actually spoiled anything of significance?

I think it's more this;

That's the best (worst) part of Brad quick looks. He'll talk about how apprehensive he is of spoiling stuff, lull you into a false sense of security, then he'll spoil something once your guard is down

I haven't noticed anyone else spoil stuff as much as him, and most everyone else is like "whatever," about spoilers, but they manage to avoid them more than him

Yeah, it's a weird fixation on talking around things, and then talking about the thing you didn't want to talk about. He has a pretty bad tendency to hem and haw and "aww dude I wish I could say" and go in circles for a long-ass time rather than dropping it and moving on. And then immediately after say the exact thing you'd think he was avoiding.

Milijango

Nevermind Inside spoilers, I'm reeling from the shock that Dan is the only person at the table that knows what a "mean" is.

Deadstar

No more ustream broadcasts? How am I going to watch ciggs66? Playroom streams are the only streams I ever watch on the ps4.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
If I had the disposable income I'd totally invest in one of those blue tipped e-cigs. I rarely ever smoke unless I'm drinking (which is rarely) but I still think they look rad and the closest future/cyberpunk shit we got.

Hmmm

I'd never buy a dumb looking vape kit but I'd totally buy something cool and dumb.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the SFV remarks were kind of stupid. That update is maybe the first major thing the game does right.
There was not supposed to be a new character in june, so Balrog was a legit surprise (so was the Juri and Urien tease in that trailer).

LiK

Has Brad ever actually spoiled anything of significance?

More than once. Sometimes I go back to a discussion after beating a game and Brad goes a step too far spoiling stuff that I found significant. I don't usually mind if they wanna discuss plot points in more detail but make sure to do a warning especially for games that aren't out yet when they release the podcasts. If they wanna discuss spoilers after release then fine. Just make sure to warn people. I've learned to just skip the discussions for games I'm gonna play since I'm a stickler for that stuff.

Any Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE talk? ��

On the bombcast? I don't know when was the last time any of them even attempted to play a jrpg. I know you're joking but that bothers me a little bit now that Austin is leaving.

He talked about Tokyo Mirage Sessions last week on the beastcast and there's a quicklook coming up. But now that he's going to work for Vice I'm afraid that they're just going to completely ignore these types of games again. Even Patrick would put some effort in trying to understand them and Austin's quicklook of Xenoblade X sold me on the game. I hope the new hire will have some more diverse tastes than the rest of the group. I love these guys but they are a little bit too much of a hivemind.

And yes, I'm aware that they will cover Persona 5 but you now what, I bet Jeff won't be into it because of one weird little detail that's different from 4 and he'll hate the game because of it. Vinny will save us though.

RE_Player

Came in here to check if I would be safe listening to the Inside discussion... of course it's all anyone is talking about.

I skipped it but a safe time-code seems to be 32:44 right after Brad says "everyone should play Inside", which is all he needed to say to sell me.
Thanks for the timestamp. I could tell Brad was dying to spoil the game.

Myggen

Thanks for the timestamp. I could tell Brad was dying to spoil the game.

He didn't really spoil it.

I guess everyone's definition of "spoiler" is different though. If you want to go in completely fresh on a game then obviously don't listen to or watch anything, but this was some weak ass spoilers if people actually consider anything in this Bombcast a spoiler. On the other side you have some people in the comments who wants them to spoil more of the game...

hamchan

I actually have no idea what Brad was supposed to have spoiled. I still don't know what that game actually is after the whole conversation other than it's like Limbo but better and that there's a water stage in it.

He didn't really spoil it.

I guess everyone's definition of "spoiler" is different though. If you want to go in completely fresh on a game then obviously don't listen to or watch anything, but this was some weak ass spoilers if people actually consider anything in this Bombcast a spoiler. On the other side you have some people in the comments who wants them to spoil more of the game...

i gave a spoiler, then tried really hard to let everyone know exactly when it happens, then Jeff tries to change the subject, and Brad throws out a different blatant spoiler.

like someone else said, if they want to spoil stuff, cool. just give a warning. don't say you won't spoil stuff then immediately spoil stuff.

ArjanN

Yeah the SFV remarks were kind of stupid. That update is maybe the first major thing the game does right.
There was not supposed to be a new character in june, so Balrog was a legit surprise (so was the Juri and Urien tease in that trailer).

This. That was pretty misinformed.

I actually have no idea what Brad was supposed to have spoiled. I still don't know what that game actually is after the whole conversation other than it's like Limbo but better and that there's a water stage in it.

Yeah he doesn't spoil anymore than in the Quick Look, which was the first 15 minutes of the game. He really wanted to though.

Blizzje

The difference between Dan and people in general is that most of us don't acknowledge that we don't know certain things to others. I think it's refreshing if someone has the guts to just admit that they don't know everything. I play by the same rules and while some people think I'm an idiot for not knowing about certain things, I tend to not give a shit.

bomma_man

Dan isn't stupid, he just has some incredibly specific and gaping holes in his knowledge of things

After the mean talk, and the discussion of the First World War when B1 was announced, I think they all do really. Dan just isn't afraid of admitting it. It makes me sad that Austin's leaving because he had interests outside of trash culture (not that there's anything wrong with that, but it can get one note sometimes).

robinsxe

man, cannot wait to play Inside.

Also, isnt the "Dan not getting stuff"-joke getting old? i tend to skip those parts.

Myggen

i gave a spoiler, then tried really hard to let everyone know exactly when it happens, then Jeff tries to change the subject, and Brad throws out a different blatant spoiler.

like someone else said, if they want to spoil stuff, cool. just give a warning. don't say you won't spoil stuff then immediately spoil stuff.

It's just pretty funny that the controversy on the site itself is that they didn't in effect spoil enough about the game. Seemed like he talked mostly about what they showed in the QL and that there's some water in the game, and one thing I had already seen in a pre release screen from the developer related to that water.

Mr. F

Banned
After the mean talk, and the discussion of the First World War when B1 was announced, I think they all do really. Dan just isn't afraid of admitting it. It makes me sad that Austin's leaving because he had interests outside of trash culture (not that there's anything wrong with that, but it can get one note sometimes).

Having the first 20 minutes be another deep dive on fast food and Dan's Taco Bell field trip had this sink in a lot harder this week.

It's rough, what Austin brought to the feel of the beastcast made me it more clear the bombcast has been stale for a while (to me at least). Might also just not be for me anymore, although I think it does have a lot to do with Dan.

Curufinwe

Hearing Dan talk about Mac & Cheese and his love for junk food for the hundredth time was painful. We get it, you have the dietary habits of an eight year old.

LiK

Jeff didn't really verbally destroy Umbrella Corps. I guess he expected it to be trash and that was that.

vanty

Any time any of them talk about food it's painful. I couldn't listen while eating or I'd probably start gagging or something.

Top Bottom