• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 06/28/16

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Drying them is a fucker though. They soak up a lot of water and are not easily spun. American duvets might be different.

I am allergic but the traditional feather ones will be destroyed by regular machine washing.

Down comforters are too high-falooting to me.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
How many games "look" great before launch only to end up disappointing? Again, it's the kill zone team I worry about. I have no reason to believe they are suddenly going to deliver on a great game. The killzone games looked great before they were released, too. Sure Horizon looks great, but will that translate to a full, fun game once it launches? I obviously hope I'm wrong, but I kinda doubt it.

We'll see.
Rocksteady had a stream of mediocre to bad games until they made Batman: Arkham Asylum. It's not unprecedented to make something great even given past history.

Chuck

Still without luck
Everyone keeps talking about duvets and I still don't know if it's a person or a thing that happened.

0CzcEah.png

Are these bad scores?

Mercenary is so underrated. .

Alienfan

While I l disagree with people losing their minds over the INSIDE talk, I can somewhat sympathise with their frustration as that game only works if you are going in completely blind, and considering I beat it in under 4hrs, I'd consider any detailed specifics to be a spoiler. In saying that, if you really wanted to go in blind, you probably should have skipped that part of the podcast - although just know, in terms of surprises that the game throws at you, the things they "spoil" on the podcast wouldn't even make an INSIDE top 20 list.

I don't think Brad spoiled Inside at all.

I think he was absolutely going to until Jeff stopped him by saying it wasn't germane to the discussion and that the game had only come out that day.

jaina

So what I'm used to is a duvet (or at least similar).
But I've seen comforters at my grand parents, and have a separate comforter-like sheet to theoretically put over my whole bed during the day.

Chuck

Still without luck
i'm sure you guys know someone who uses them but you didn't know what they were. they're pretty common.
I knew, I was just danning.

Did anyone manage to screencap his brexit tweet before he deleted it btw?

Yeah I don't get the shitting on Guerilla; KZ2 is a legit great game. KZSF I think suffers from being overlyrics ambitious for a launch game; they should've stuck to their core competencies instead of trying to create an open-ish, tactical-ish shooter.

You think KZ2/3 Remastered is a possibility?

Maybe he does what I do and simply uses a duvet cover with no actual duvet?! It sounds weird, but it keeps me at the temperature I want to be at by itself.

Weetrick

The wife and I are looking to replace our bedding soon. Might go with a duvet. We have a large washer/dryer, but a duvet would make it even easier to wash.

Also, top sheets are mandatory for me. Nothing beats sleeping in a bed with fresh sheets. Sleeping without top sheets would be like going commando or wearing shoes without socks. I need something soft between my body and the blanket. Good for you if you immediatey throw them away like Dan, but I need my top sheets!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Yeah I don't get the shitting on Guerilla; KZ2 is a legit great game. KZSF I think suffers from being overlyrics ambitious for a launch game; they should've stuck to their core competencies instead of trying to create an open-ish, tactical-ish shooter.

You think KZ2/3 Remastered is a possibility?
Killzone's writing and characters are shitty, which doesn't necessarily ruin an otherwise good shooter but it's a big problem for an RPG. I know they've hired a good writer for Horizon but there isn't any evidence of that in the promotional materials so far. The dialogue is generic and/or bad, and the voice acting is odd, like it's not native English speakers or something.

Phediuk

I think it was
"I've seen 9000 people on Twitter talking about brexit and I still don't know if it's a person or thing that happened"

This is Dan we're talking about. He had never heard of Jane Austen despite being a published novelist.

.JayZii

Banned
Considering he knows he is going to be on a podcast to discuss things every week, Brad should work on having things to say about games that don't require spoiling them. He's had years of experience writing about games and discussing them on podcasts, one would think he could do it at this point.

He didn't spoil anything this week, but the way he is constantly riding the line with new stuff when it's completely unnecessary to discussion is pretty obnoxious. Have a section where you're talking spoilers about a new game, or don't. But don't mess with people by constantly doubling back to try and spoil things after it has been made clear by Jeff that you should move on and no one else has finished it.

That along with the condescending way he talks to Dan, and then goes on to prove himself just as ignorant about whatever topic is being discussed, is not a good look. Take the quick discussion about what "mean" in math means this week, for example.

Anth0ny

Rocksteady had a stream of mediocre to bad games until they made Batman: Arkham Asylum. It's not unprecedented to make something great even given past history.

didn't rocksteady have only one game before arkham asylum?

guerilla seems like a known quantity at this point. I was not a fan of any of the killzone games, even the ones that reviewed well. I can't imagine Horizon will impress me based on that.

didn't rocksteady have only one game before arkham asylum?

guerilla seems like a known quantity at this point. I was not a fan of any of the killzone games, even the ones that reviewed well. I can't imagine Horizon will impress me based on that.

I've had reservations with Horizon because of how mediocre I think the KZ games are, but people like Brad (who has no real allegiance to Sony or Guerrilla) and others actually playing it and giving it praise is good enough for me. It's possible they are a talented team that finally found their lane after 10 years of trying to make a Halo killer.

Lingitiz

I've had reservations with Horizon because of how mediocre I think the KZ games are, but people like Brad (who has no real allegiance to Sony or Guerrilla) and others actually playing it and giving it praise is good enough for me. It's possible they are a talented team that finally found their lane after 10 years of trying to make a Halo killer.

My reservations on Horizon are both the combination of Guerilla's history and how a small slice of an open world game doesn't necessarily tell the whole picture. Is the game going to have enough meaningful content? How about the quality of the writing, the consistency of the quest design, characters, etc. These things are hard to glean from the small slices they've shown, and what we've mostly seen doesn't seem to be main story stuff, but instead world exploration, crafting, and combat.

I put that against a studio known for making amazing looking games set in detailed and intriguing premises, yet not doing a whole lot with it and making characters and stories that aren't just mediocre, but aggressively bad. That's not to say they can't transcend those issues, but the reputation nonetheless remains.

Horizon seems to have so much going for it. I really hope it comes together.

popo

I think it was
"I've seen 9000 people on Twitter talking about brexit and I still don't know if it's a person or thing that happened"

That isn't too bad. Just Dan trolling. Brad and Danny have been much more histrionic about it.

Chuckman

I really don't get Dan sometimes. He buys a sheet set with a comforter and throws away the top sheet? WTF?? Some of the stuff he is confused by and doesn't understand just baffles me. I've always used a top sheet then a comforter or whatever else.

Top Bottom