• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 07/21/15

I didn't start listening to this until it was Tuesday. Monday Bombcasts are blasphemous.
rE3yQQG.png

Aerial shots not fun in Rocket League? What the fuck is Jeff talking about.

That's literally the most satisfying shit in the game.

30suxp.gif

Duh. It's reverse psychology! They want to trick GBEast into thinking aerial goals are not worth it. So, once the rematch happens, they are not ready for their doom! DOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

Zacagawea

I inserted some Brad hosting mannerisms in my head while listening to this episode. It was my way of coping with his absence.

danm999

Finally, it releases on Tuesday like it says on the tin.

And lol at poor Drew realising he was the only non-wrestling fan when he thought they were going to discuss wrestling.

"Oh no NOOO".

Any Evo talk in this episode?

I know Jeff has always had interest in attending.

Yes, Jason talks a bunch about this year, and talks about older shows too.

Jeff said he has not kept up with the games or FGC personalities recently, and as a result did not watch Evo this year.

Jeff is still talking a bit about attending Evc sometime, but would do so to check out the less publicized parts of the show - money matches in hotel rooms.

Myggen

iTunes won't download it (presumably it's just trying to grab it from GiantBomb itself..) and can't access the direct link.

That's strange. The RSS feed is updated and works on my podcast app, and the direct link works fine. Since I'm betting iTunes pulls from the same RSS feed my app does I can't imagine why it wouldn't work in iTunes...

I'm with them on Rocket League. I enjoy it but it's not worth the trouble to get good in a game where only 1% of the player base will learn that flippy shit (but 99% will try it and look dumb).

And a trip focused on dumb side event Evo stuff away from the crazy would be amazing.

colinp

Banned
On Twitch I watched a side tournament of Samurai Showdown II during the Melee and Marvel finals. It was aaaawwwweeeesssoooommmmeee. Must be soooo much great side stuff at EVO that falls by the wayside if you aren't there.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yes, Jason talks a bunch about this year, and talks about older shows too.

Jeff said he has not kept up with the games or FGC personalities recently, and as a result did not watch Evo this year.

Jeff is still talking a bit about attending Evc sometime, but would do so to check out the less publicized parts of the show - money matches in hotel rooms.
All the side stuff is sponsored now too. lol

Rlan

I just cannot understand how Dan thinks 3D Land and World is some kind of "side thing" - they are the new style of Mario games. 3D World is only multiplayer in the same was the NSMBWii games were - insane and kind of unplayable. Both are fantastic single player games that have tried to find that middle ground between the "3D Platformer" era, and the "2D Platformer" era.

If anything, they just ground the Galaxy games in a more retro infused, nostalgic setting and add a run button. Perhaps a little too far, what with the Tanooki suit playing a kind of too big of a role in the game.

RE_Player

The Pan Am Games discussion was hilarious. As someone from Toronto I can safely say that no one cares about them. A huge flop for the city.

watership

The Pan Am Games discussion was hilarious. As someone from Toronto I can safely say that no one cares about them. A huge flop for the city.

Eh, it hasn't been bad if you wanted to see a few events. As for the city's overall benefit, that remains to be seen. Local businesses downtown have been complaining, but I think that's smaller places. And you can't knock shit getting fixed up before the games..stuff that has been dragging on for a decade.

This has been the most painful podcast.

Bad talk around mecha and now bad fighting game talk ;_;.

Not really.

EDIT: Oh god here we go about "The sequel to Mario 64" Jesus Christ not again. I have explained this many times that people don't know what they want from Mario. I agree with Jeff getting rid of stars and getting dumb gated stuff though.

JackelZXA

I like that Jeff is actually good at countering Dan's weird stuff that he doesn't really think through that well before saying it. The Mario conversation was great. (I like Dan, I just think he Dans it up a little sometimes...)

Top Bottom