• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IEM] World Championship Season VII 2013 (StarCraft II HotS and LoL) $250,000

Dooraven

BL Infestor is still strong, but it doesn't seem to be the most overpowered retarded shit it was in Wings of Liberty. Time to see how terrans do against it now that their units that survive without being chain fungled to dealth to an extecnt. Lucifron kind of lost too many stuff against mutas though.

Striek

Wings of Liberty Up and Downs thoroughly more interesting at the moment. Of course Korean high-level play vs. foreign LoL level play.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
zIIjth1.jpg

esltv_sc2: Apparently there's a problem with hosting maps that aren't official

StayDead

Didn't know about the thor change. That's pretty cool.

It's cool, but it's useless. Even against Carriers/Tempests it isn't a significant improvement and against voidrays you'll want Splash.

Thors are the valkyrie of SC2. They're only good against mutas.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Lolololol. ESPORTS.

Edit: For the love of god swap QXC for Kaelaris.
I'd rather have a pro Terran talk. Not his fault the other two can't carry a convo. I see the passes and openings, but they aren't ready to take the handoffs or carry anything past an answer.
Gimme knowledge all day anyway.

Also, anyone know what is going on for VODs?

Vaporak

What the hell is the hold up, it's been like 2 hours since this started and they haven't even finished a BO3.

Striek

It's cool, but it's useless. Even against Carriers/Tempests it isn't a significant improvement and against voidrays you'll want Splash.

Thors are the valkyrie of SC2. They're only good against mutas.

I don't agree with this. I've never seen a single player split their air units perfectly against thors (or anything really), so the splash is still a significant factor. Mass thor murdered old mass voidrays, I assume they'll still murder new voidrays.

Of course getting a lot of thors hasn't been viable in WoL for a long time but then mass air vs. terran isn't really a thing either (outside TvT where Thors are still important).

I'd rather have a pro Terran talk. Not his fault the other two can't carry a convo. I see the passes and openings, but they aren't ready to take the handoffs or carry anything past an answer.
Gimme knowledge all day anyway.

Yeah but don't you think that pro analysis would be better in-game?

StayDead

They're having issues with the beta server apparently. It's to be expected on the first day (this is the first time they've ever tried something like this).

StayDead

Supernova lost a game to the collapsing rocks in GSTL and Luci just lost thata game to move commanding onto the unbuildable rocks.

:p

Vaporak

Parting vs Nerchio coming on, hopefully this will be good.

edit: soul trail but now with mothership core recall. lololololol.

Striek

I don't understand something, does simply right clicking on the rocks attack it? I'm (somewhat) confident it doesn't in WoL. The reaper was still in range of the lings so it wasn't going to jump down anyway if attack-moved onto the low ground. So it seemed like doubly poor control by Lucifronn.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Turning in. Anyone know what is up with VODs for this IEM?
I don't understand something, does simply right clicking on the rocks attack it? I'm confident it doesn't in WoL. The reaper was still in range of the lings so it wasn't going to jump down anyway if attack-moved onto the low ground. So it seemed like doubly poor control by Lucifronn.
You A+click away from units to stutter step. Usually it's just ground so your units engages in auto attacking nearby units in range (turns and shoots). But by attacking the rocks he got surprised or thought he was going to go down the cliff? I missed the slow-mo replay.

Striek

You A+click away from units to stutter step. Usually it's just ground so your units engages in auto attacking nearby units in range (turns and shoots). But by attacking the rocks he got surprised or thought he was going to go down the cliff? I missed the slow-mo replay.
Nevermind, I actually just checked in WoL and you do attack rocks if you right-click into them. I never knew that.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Parting with that nice sim city!
Nevermind, I actually just checked in WoL and you do attack rocks if you right-click into them. I never knew that.
What, really? That seems wrong.

As wrong as Assimilators still having 450/450

Boken

Banned
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

IGr8e9t.jpg

Group stage will be Bo1
Group leader to quarter finals
2nd and 3rd to semis

First game is CJ Blaze v IM

StayDead

I just screamed with joy when Parting beat Nerchio in that game.

Piss off with your whack-a-mole extractor antics Nerchio, SKTT1 fighting! :D

Striek

Oh nice, for the first time we're going to see this mass muta at once mid-game transition vs. stargate opening get absolutely smashed.

TheTrain

VoidRay is imba......but i see EVERY single Zerg going to Broodlord Roach vs VoidRay Tempest. Dafuq.
Slivko Production Tab now: +3atk melee vs skytoss. Seems legit -.-

Top Bottom