• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IEM] World Championship Season VII 2013 (StarCraft II HotS and LoL) $250,000

Inskipp

Goddamn Joe Miller and his bananas

U5JcfHz.gif

EXGN

So it's Gambit, CJ Blaze and Millenium moving through? Even IM beat Gambit and M lose to Blaze, they would have the same record and M beat IM heads up.

scy

Tell me which games I need to watch from the LoL side of things ;_; Why must these tournaments always be on while I'm at work.

EXGN

Tell me which games I need to watch from the LoL side of things ;_; Why must these tournaments always be on while I'm at work.

Lots of stomps to be honest, nothing really worth watching. Pain upsetting Millennium and Blaze v Gambit was good. If you like seeing throws, watch any of Fnatic's games.

Mairu

The time zone this is played in is the absolute worst for US viewers :[

I've watched a couple games but it sucks to have to miss the first HotS tournament. Maybe I'll be able to watch some of the finals

GC|Simon

I wasn't able to watch this turnament at all due to work. But guys tell me, what the hell was wrong with LucifroN and VortiX?

Is stream 1 still online or is this a rebroadcast?

Won

Haven't come around to actually pay attention to this.
So Socke out? Me sad. :(

Well TLO, Grubby and Stephano will advance tomorrow for sure.

Aaron

I wasn't able to watch this turnament at all due to work. But guys tell me, what the hell was wrong with LucifroN and VortiX?

Is stream 1 still online or is this a rebroadcast?
I didn't watch every match, but in most cases the difference between winning and losing was knowing the strats and builds of HotS. Players that weren't as familiar with the expansion got blindsided over and over. On the upside, some foreign players has delved deep in HotS, like Ret and Mana, and advanced pretty easily.

peakish

Should be fun :D

I'm always confused by the intros at these events, epic music and loud screams of WELCOME TO THE STAGE and then the player awkwardly shuffling up for their group match.

Vaporak

Well that was a very familiar looking PvT. Better multitasking from MVP takes it easily, wish there had been something to make it look different from WoL PvT though.

Striek

Well that was a very familiar looking PvT. Better multitasking from MVP takes it easily, wish there had been something to make it look different from WoL PvT though.
Widow mines, speed medivacs, mommaship core... that game doesn't look the same in WoL.

Vaporak

Widow mines, speed medivacs, mommaship core... that game doesn't look the same in WoL.

The Widow Mines did worse than just dropping stimmed marines would have, the mothership core didn't change the outcome of anything, and the only thing the afterburners changed was one dropship could get by some stalkers instead of being turned back. Not much really changed at all imo.

edit: this game changed more because of afterburners, used to get his army into a position it could have never gotten into in WoL catching Grubby off guard.

Damn MVP is gonna get Medivac speed nerfed lol. I do expect it to become a research in the future from the techlab or something as a nerf.

Aaron

MVP always makes it seem like terran does way more damage than it should. Like he's got a secret upgrade.

MVP always makes it seem like terran does way more damage than it should. Like he's got a secret upgrade.

Grubby did really well actually. Its his DT play that went sour. Should have gone for Stargate with Oracle or Pheonix. MVP got lucky with his blind counter. Did he even scout DT play?

StayDead

Damn those afterburners. I like them as they're exciting but because it's such a massive buff to bio nobody is going to play mech again >_>

Aaron

Why do people neglect base defense against terran? Spores and spines shut down drops when you can't spare units for it.

bjaelke

SKT vs Anx is really interesting at this point the best match at IEM so far! 32 minutes played. 16-17 in kills and only 900 gold difference.
What on earth is up with EG?

No idea but I'm not liking it one bit. They're probably too busy spending time on reddit to actually practice in between tournaments. TSM 2.0.

Aaron

Every time a player over commits like Grubby it seems they lose. Not sure why he couldn't focused down a hatch, and expanded behind it.

Guessing Grubby and TLO will be the bottom bitches in this group.

Wow, that was a major derp by Stephano.

WOW Grubby takes out Stephano. Loving the games so far.

MVP is a monster again. He is abusing the hell out of the new units. Why the hell doesn't Golden use the new Mutas to shut down drops?

Aaron

Late game for protoss seems super hard if you don't go air. templars are too fragile and collossi are useless.

Striek

Grubby had that game. After he crushed the first main battle he could've warped in templar, easily defended his fourth for a minute or two, then went and killed Stephano. Instead he thought he could win immediately even though he didn't have that much army left, warped in zealots, got pushed back, templar never had energy when he got around to warping them, and he lost the fourth. Disappointing.

Top Bottom