• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IEM] World Championship Season VII 2013 (StarCraft II HotS and LoL) $250,000

EG are not dealing with all the lane switches and early global presence in S3. They got completely blind sided by Frost putting Cait/Lulu mid, which shut down both Froggen (by pushing him under turret, then taking it, while Rapidstar farmed reasonably as Gragas at bot) and Snoopeh (by stealing his blue, taking the timer and stealing it again - though it didn't help that Krepo took his first buff), and MYM's Czaru went to town against them on TF. Czaru successfully TP (not with ult, he was pre-6) ganked Yellowpete/Krepo at bot because they were pushing up and aggressively bullying Makler's Kog'Maw, and he never let up after that. Mokate's Nocturne did some work too.

Striek

The fuck, Grubby with 2.5k/2k for no apparent reason building nothing on 140 supply. What the hell. Honestly thought his keyboard stopped working until he gg'd.

Man I'm sorry Grubby but that subpar play isn't gonna win you championships.

MVP and Stephano look to take the group. Gonna sleep now, will catch VODs later on.

Striek

WP by TLO, bane bomb was sick. But even at the end there, 1600 minerals after you place down Nexus and a decent amount of gas. A few more cannons and I'm not convinced he couldn't have made a decent hold.

StayDead

TvX in general is great at the moment. The terran matchups were already the best to watch in WOL and i feel like they have had by far the most interesting changes in HOTS.

That was a very close series.

TvP is the only boring one, but it's purely where Terrans other than MVP are not trying mech since they've not had enough time to practice it.

Zzoram

Just make Medivac Afterburners bundled with the +25 starting energy upgrade for the Medivac.

Medivac Afterburners look sick as hell and are necessary for HotS because of how much better all the other air units are.

SamuraiX-

Nice!!

All 3 players who I wanted to advance did so from Group D.

It's refreshing to see two Terran players dominate in a group with three Zergs.

Playoffs are gonna be amazing. :O:O

TYkrjcf.png

lol

Terran the new imba

Haunted

Doesn't even matter, Parting will beat him in the Ro12 anyway. Stephano said he played like 10-15 hours of HotS now, he'll figure it out in time (or someone else will).

I think Nerchio and Mana are even, but Mana has proven to have good nerves in high pressure situations (like, say, being the last non-Korean in the IEM World Championships), so I'd give him higher chances in the later rounds.

ret continues to be a mystery, great in one tournament, falling apart against the most basic rushes in others. He looked good in the group stage but his game against Sting will decide whether this tournament has been a success for him.

SamuraiX-

Same match up as the championship round at IEM Katowice now in the Round of 12 with Dream vs First. That'll be something to watch.

Stephano vs PartinG should be great too.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Same match up as the championship round at IEM Katowice now in the Round of 12 with Dream vs First. That'll be something to watch.

Stephano vs PartinG should be great too.
Stephano is playing terrible.

Dream and MVP are the ones to watch right now imo.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I need to slap myself some more to stay awake until Stephano vs Parting. Hope this series is a fast 2-0

Delodax

So sad to see Millenium not winning the 2nd game against Frost. They had in their hand but were too sloppy with the split-push at the end. Frosts teamfighting experience took its toll.

Boken

Banned
Yeah they played very sloppy and desperate it seems. It takes a lot of experience and discipline to methodically eke out the win, esp vs homeguard

Striek

Hooray, not a 3-0 for Parting.

You know ToD said Parting needed zealots+archons to deal with the Ultras, but new Ultras should smash them I thought?

Edit: :/ whenever the immortal push wins against a zerg doing everything to prepare for it, no mindgames, no exceptions, its just...tragic. Nobody wants to see it, and I'm surprised Blizzard gave zerg no tool whatsoever to combat it while giving protoss the mommaship core boost.

Aaron

Ret is tearing shit up. He's a completely different person from the guy who would always overdrone and lose.

Ret is looking quite good and it will be good for the tournament for a foreigner to do well. Looks like there is about 40K across the streams at the moment which isn't terrible. Shame more aren't watching as there have been some fun games. Guess the times don't really help.

Edit: :/ whenever the immortal push wins against a zerg doing everything to prepare for it, no mindgames, no exceptions, its just...tragic. Nobody wants to see it, and I'm surprised Blizzard gave zerg no tool whatsoever to combat it while giving protoss the mommaship core boost.

Or at the very least changed the map pool up a bit so we don't have maps where it is incredibly strong. Kinda sucks that the map pool is still so similar. I feel like the whole map pool needs to be rethought for HOTS.

Edit: This so doesn't look fun at all. It seems so impractical lol. Put the starcraft back on!

SamuraiX-

It's a shame Ret didn't make the EG-TL joint roster. They could really use somebody to win even a single game in Proleague right now. lol

erragal

Beautifully executed game so far by CJ Frost.

They used that midlane pressure to keep AlexIch in check. Next game should go a bit differently with a Singed ban I imagine. Still think they shoulda sent mf mid too and let khaz go bot...they had plenty of space to make the switch without losing farm.

EXGN

GMB is making so many bad mistakes against CJF. That Kog was caught so badly out of position.

Once again, Gambit's "we play what we want to play" mentality will cost them a match. They are so stubborn in the confidence in their strategies. You don't pick TF against KhaZix or Kog against Olaf... you just don't. And then taking ghost over flash against Skarner...

Still, well played by GG overall. I expect Frost to run over the rest of the competition, but I'd love to see SKTT1 take it.

Boken

Banned
Once again, Gambit's "we play what we want to play" mentality will cost them a match. They are so stubborn in the confidence in their strategies. You don't pick TF against KhaZix or Kog against Olaf... you just don't. And then taking ghost over flash against Skarner...

Still, well played by GG overall. I expect Frost to run over the rest of the competition, but I'd love to see SKTT1 take it.

A lot of teams are respecting SKT1 (namely WE) as world class, but I dont see it. Their ADC and mid seem very average so far. Looking forward to them showing me wrong though

eot

Banned
Mana vs Nerchio might've been scrappy but it was entertaining as hell. I hope more PvZs play out like that.

Also, watching Terrans win games vs Protoss by dropping with those speedboosted medivacs is the most uninteresting thing ever. Bring back Khaydarin Amulet or something.

Top Bottom