• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

Kawl_USC

good morning.

while you're 90% town, you're not 100% town, therefore by confirmed town I mean an actual confirmed town. We know everything about batsnacks, therefore sniping him is not pointful.

So let me get this straight. You think there's a 10% chance of there being a public alignment suicide cop and a godfather in the same game. A combination of roles almost to the level of public alignment cop and recruiter the likes of which wwe forced upon us. Just to be clear that's where everyone is at in assumptions about melons game building capabilities? Get the fuck out of here.

cabot

So let me get this straight. You think there's a 10% chance of there being a public alignment suicide cop and a godfather in the same game. A combination of roles almost to the level of public alignment cop and recruiter the likes of which wwe forced upon us. Just to be clear that's where everyone is at in assumptions about melons game building capabilities? Get the fuck out of here.

Cool bro, don't want to kill you so this is pointless.

100% is a role PM posted to the game. This did not happen to you.

Kawl_USC

Again CCS, can you make your targets hit themselves?

If so, can anybody tell me why that's a bad idea to let him do that?
It makes the worst case with his abilities much worse given the fact that he can create and additional kill. It also makes him going rogue a much more attractive option for scum. Last minute of the day scum claims says target me and redirect to X and boom we thought we were lylo - 1 but actually game over now.

Just one of numerous situations where the update makes it more risk than worth to gamble on him.

Kawl_USC

Cool bro, don't want to kill you so this is pointless.

100% is a role PM posted to the game. This did not happen to you.
Then put 99 for gods sake. Because numbers have actual meaning. You're just feeding into bats ridiculous tunnel with this shit.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
It is hard, but if you're unsure then a good place to start is to comment on arguments put forward by other people. Even if you dont have a sure answer it's helpful for other townies to be able to track your thoughts throughout the game.

For example, what do you think about my case against Cabot? Or his response to me? What about the SkyOdin votes? Anything in there you agree/disagree with?

The vote count has links to all the vote posts, if you want to review them.
I need to go and review it first, and I am starting to maybe believe your case against Cabot...however I am not sure if I can trust you either.

If you can't trust CCS, then why are we assuming he's not scum?
I don't trust you either. And I would so I trust you maybe even less than CSS.

Kawl get out

D1<->D4~D5, it's in an exposed Neutral(s) best interests to cooperate with Town because of their sheer numbers over Mafia

CCS has no incentive to fuck us over

cabot

I need to go and review it first, and I am starting to maybe believe your case against Cabot...however I am not sure if I can trust you either.

I don't trust you either. And I would so I trust you maybe even less than CSS.

alright.

But my point was, you're assuming CCS isn't a threat cause he said so. Why can't he be lying?

That has nothing to do with how you trust Splinter or myself.

Kawl_USC

Kawl get out

D1<->D4~D5, it's in an exposed Neutral(s) best interests to cooperate with Town because of their sheer numbers over Mafia

CCS has no incentive to fuck us over
We need to reduce the number of non town directed kills left in the game. I thought ccs was indirectly helping with this on the chance of redirecting scum kills at the behest of town but if he's just in fact generating additional kills, then nah sorry.

CCS

Banned
Also, Cab's logic is based upon a huge flaw.

He assumes my primary goal is to win.

My actual primary goal is to have fun. I'm having fun right now :p

*Splinter

Assuming CCS told the truth about everything (quite a big assumption)

And assuming we don't lynch him (pure fantasy)

His only chance of winning would be to wreck scum before whatever day is the latest we can afford to lynch him.

We need to reduce the number of non town directed kills left in the game. I thought ccs was indirectly helping with this on the chance of redirecting scum kills at the behest of town but if he's just in fact generating additional kills, then nah sorry.

How is a Redirection generating an "additional" kill? Does CCS' Power transform other players' Powers into kills?

cabot

that perfectly coincides with my logic, because you having fun could mean fucking with town just because.

Kawl_USC

How is a Redirection generating an "additional" kill? Does CCS' Power transform other players' Powers into kills?
He has clarified that if he targets a scum member who didn't command the faction kill that this is exactly what happens yes. Try reading blarg.

Kawl_USC

Assuming CCS told the truth about everything (quite a big assumption)

And assuming we don't lynch him (pure fantasy)

His only chance of winning would be to wreck scum before whatever day is the latest we can afford to lynch him.
And we would know that day....?

WaffleTaco

Other people I am suspicious of includes: OceanicAir and isaacnukem. And that includes from day one (although that's mostly issacnukem). However, a lot has to do with weird phrasing/simply him probably trying to get his post count up. OceanicAir also said I was suspicious based on something that happened during the night, but never actually what it was. Either he "forgot" or was just trying to draw suspicion off of him.

He has clarified that if he targets a scum member who didn't command the faction kill that this is exactly what happens yes. Try reading blarg.

So you're saying... he's a Weak-type of Detective, who can find out if someone's Mafia-aligned if his target kills whoever he redirected them to?

Y O U R P R O T O W N L O G I C I N A U G U S T

WaffleTaco

alright.

But my point was, you're assuming CCS isn't a threat cause he said so. Why can't he be lying?

That has nothing to do with how you trust Splinter or myself.
He could be lying, so could you, could I, so could everyone.

*Splinter

As per Waffle:

Also, while I'm aware that she's new and the accompanying curve that can come with that, Waffle has been concerning to me partially due to how little impacts are statements have made and also some other nighttime stuff involving her that I'll talk about after I hear more from her. It could turn out to be nothing mind you, but still.
Huh, completely forgot this in all the excitement.

cabot

It's redirect targets to themselves or nothing. We can't afford extra kills unless it hits scum

giphy.gif

CCS

Banned
Cab, I've shown way more of a willingness to work with others so far this game than you have. If it was a job interview I'd be a shoe in.

You can trust me :p

Top Bottom