• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

Bronx-Man

Banned
Just a reminder that while this does clear OA's name, it doesn't for Zeus or Waffle. Scum can still receive an invite into gossip chat like I ended up dealing with in Gafia 2.

►

1. [f] WaffleTaco– ??, was apparently invited during N0 to a private Gossip chat by OceanicAir, which she apparently has not posted in -> during D2, realized what OA's Invitation was, and affirmed OA's claim statements*** | p1 / p2
  2. [m] Zeusy– ??, was apparently Invited during N0 to a private Gossip chat by OceanicAir, where he apparently posted once*** | p1
  3. [m] Ri'Orius– ??
  4. [m] OceanicAir– [????] "?", 'Gossip'? N0: Invited WaffleTaco & Zeusy to secret bants***? N1: Target(s) unknown? Claimed D2. | p2
  5. [m] TheGoddamn– ??
  6. [m] Kyanrute– ??, stated on D2 that he was Possessed by someone during N1 -> apparently by CCS,
    who sent him against cabot N1 to no apparent effect
    ** | p1 / p2 / p3 / p4
  7. [m] betsnacks– [TOWN] "BETTY", 'Beloved' a.k.a. 'Innocent Citizen'. D1: Host-confirmed as Town-aligned. N1: During D1, had claimed receipt of 1-shot Power during N0; p1... target unknown? Exposed D1.
  8. [m] CCS– [NEUTRAL?] "SASHA?", 'Witch' a.k.a. 'Survivor/Possessor'? N1: Redirected Kyanrute's Power (if any) to cabot, with no apparent effects**? not to AbsolutBro or Timeaisis? Claimed D2. | p2 / p3
  9. [m] Bronx-Man– ??
  10. [m] SkyOdin– ??
  11. [m] AbsolutBro– [TOWN] "TRISH DAILEY", 'Doctor'. N1: Target unknown? (killed N1)
  12. [m] cabot– [????] "LUCY KUO?", 'x-shot Commuter'? N1: Expended an evade use? ?-shots remaining? Claimed D2. | p2
  13. [m] Blargonaut– ??
  14. [m] Dusk Soldier– [TOWN] "NIX", 'Vigilante'. N1: --. (eliminated D1)
  15. [m] Timeaisis– [TOWN] "Seattle Hipster", 'Citizen'. N1: n/a. (killed N1)
  16. [m] Lone_Prodigy– ??
  17. [m] *Splinter– ??
  18. [m] Kawl_USC– [TOWN]*, ??​
  19. [m] isaacnukem– ??
  20. [m] Zippedpinhead– ??
  21. [m] Flame_AC– ??
  22. [m] Kalor– ??
  23. [m] acohrs– [TOWN] "REGGIE ROWE", 'Daytime Sacrificial Alignment Cop'. D1: Investigated Kawl_USC, found him Town-aligned*; p1 / p2 / p3. (left D1)
---
Nh43uHX.gif

23 players.
4 dead.
5 Role-claimed/exposed.
14 / 23 as-yet-unknowns.
6 confirmed Town (4/6 dead) / 19?
0 caught Mafia / 4? 5?
1 Neutral claimant.​

cabot

What would be the point of giving a scum their own gossip chat to set up when they already have scum chat? Has that happened before?

yes, the one with the kooky town (forgot the name) retro modded had both scum and town gossips.

Also Bar had a chat containing a scum and town.

Having scum have multiple chats isn't a stretch in theory. Not the reason to trust OA being town.

Kyanrute

What would be the point of giving a scum their own gossip chat to set up when they already have scum chat? Has that happened before?

Not familiar with all of the games so I am not sure if such a thing has happened before. It would be a manipulative / informative role with a swingy outcome. Perhaps you invite a bunch of people to the chat and get them to trust you, share information and whatnot. Obviously, this would require the invitees to trust the one who invited them, so the actual benefit of the role, the benefit floor one might say, is rather low or at least hard to determine. Thus, an unorthodox role that could exist technically. Not the likeliest thing to happen though.

Why did you choose the new players OA
No particular reason, it was N0 so there was nothing to really go on. Was interested in their thoughts, outside this thread. Thought there could be a chance that they could potentially slip up if they were scum. Had I known that it would end up being mostly abandoned I probably would have chosen differently.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Huh. So none out of OA, Zeusy, or Waffle got confirmed. All this was good for was letting us know "Hey guys, there's a gossip chat".

cabot

Haven't been scum reading OA anyway, and he thought he had a legit lead on a player. I doubt you'd reveal that in game thread instead of scum chat, at this early stage.

Kyanrute

OK, fine.

I'm not x-shot, I'm Odd Night.

If anyone would like to kill me to let me escape, that'd be fine.

what a shock wow

not like x-shot commuter who commutes 1st night wasn't enough of a meme to make this clear

Honestly cabot I don't get your play at all. The OG reveal and now breaking the 1st rule of the Fight Club.

cabot

what a shock wow

not like x-shot commuter who commutes 1st night wasn't enough of a meme to make this clear

Honestly cabot I don't get your play at all. The OG reveal and now breaking the 1st rule of the Fight Club.

well the first time was overexcitement.

This time is the opposite. This last day has been pretty dire.

I now changed for discussion purposes.

cabot

lets face it how much Blarg can we all really take.

Like it annoys me so much blarg can ask someone about powers and it gets a pass.

cabot

i dont know what to make of you, bronx and kalor that seem like they're just hovering over the thread willing to interject when someone else does something.

It's noted as strange, but not really alignment indicative.

cabot

Why was this clarification necessary for the sake of the discussion?

because it's been dead m8, our most exciting event was a whole load of nothing that revealed a gossip chat exists.

I'm also sort of hoping one of the killing powers just ends me, because I feel once my flip happens and you know my alignment, there's a wealth of interactions to work with.

because it's been dead m8, our most exciting event was a whole load of nothing that revealed a gossip chat exists.

I'm also sort of hoping one of the killing powers just ends me, because I feel once my flip happens and you know my alignment, there's a wealth of interactions to work with.
Do you think anything more or less of Waffle after the exchange? Because I personally felt that a scum Waffle wouldn't work through that conversation that way.

cabot

Do you think anything more or less of Waffle after the exchange? Because I personally felt that a scum Waffle wouldn't work through that conversation that way.

Yeah, that would be a ballsy ass move for scum to pull and would have required decent coordination which I just don't see evident from anything Waffle has done.

Waffle is likely town.

Zeusy isn't as strong but I lean town I guess.

Flame_AC

Yeah, that would be a ballsy ass move for scum to pull and would have required decent coordination which I just don't see evident from anything Waffle has done.

Waffle is likely town.

Zeusy isn't as strong but I lean town I guess.

It'd have been a pretty good draw on the gossip chat to get purely town players and no neutrals/scum, I lean more towards Waffle being the scum of the two in the chat though.

batsnacks

It'd have been a pretty good draw on the gossip chat to get purely town players and no neutrals/scum, I lean more towards Waffle being the scum of the two in the chat though.
I think it's probably safe to say Waffle is confirmed town. There is no way scum no shows when masoned.

cabot

so tell me how the reveal of waffle not noticing the chat goes down as a scum and a scum team effort.

Kyanrute

Dead air is the norm when a likely neutral lynch is on the table. I don't think your clarification was necessary at all, 5h left in the day and all. Do not see it changing that much.

Flame_AC

so tell me how the reveal of waffle not noticing the chat goes down as a scum and a scum team effort.
If we believe Waffle at their word that they didn't think anything of the chat, then perhaps they were scum. Although I guess they would have at least mentioned it in their scum chat and told how important the gossip chat could be for their purposes... hmmmm

Flame, why did you ask us for our fluff names?

Did you suspect a reason why that would matter?
I wanted to see how our dear gamemaster put roles to characters, that and it might help us later if there's any kind of contradiction/counterclaim. Perhaps it won't be with you/CCS, but maybe someone else, later, and it's best to establish a pattern of asking now instead of trying to do it some other random time.

To be fair, your role would actually be what I'd make a roleblocker to be, given your ice powers and all; but I have nothing that's not flavor/lore to go against you with. Commuter could maybe make sense, I dunno, it's something that I'll keep in the back of my mind. Asking for role names can also let other people come to these conclusions/thoughts.

cabot

Dead air is the norm when a likely neutral lynch is on the table. I don't think your clarification was necessary at all, 5h left in the day and all. Do not see it changing that much.

cool thanks. It's out there though, so do what you have to.

cabot

why is dead air the norm when we have a pretty quiet batch of players in this game that have maybe commented on CCS, but nothing since?

should you not be trying to stop that dead air.

dead air was a great left 4 dead campaign.

Kyanrute

why is dead air the norm when we have a pretty quiet batch of players in this game that have maybe commented on CCS, but nothing since?

Surely there is a difference between trying to create discussion and claiming unnecessarily?

People seem to be content with CCS dying. Next phase it's gonna a bit random then they're gonna coalesce around another target and repeat the process until town loses.

Since I don't really want to off CCS yet and I've backed off Waffle, I'm not completely sure who I'd go after. People have talked about Sky and Ri so I might check them out again to see if anything pops.

Top Bottom