• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

Kyanrute

Remember that I had the 1st vote on Bronx, so the tale must include a chapter where I try to gain #townpoints via some little scum mate bussing but then the things go all fucked up and the mate becomes an actual candidate (not that he is one right now imo). Not really against a Bronx lynch really. All he has said has told me nothing about his alignment, what is bad.

Kyanrute

And then Kyan reacted all weird and defended himself when there was nothing to defend himself from. That too seems to fit, might wanna think about that one.

Sometimes I wonder if I go too meta.

cabot

Oh? Who do you think the killer is?

I also think the killer is most likely neutral, perhaps with a "lone survivor" win condition which would explain their town-sided targetting.

Or just a good old SK-pretending-to-be-town-vig, but that's a bold strategy when we already had a 1 shot vig flip.

I'm not willing to speculate on who the killer is, because frankly that's for scum to find. I have a guess and I'm not going for them currently.

For your scumread of Kalor, I said earlier in this thread that Kalor posted a lot more as scum in Brexit mafia, so his lack of posts aren't a scumtell to me. He could be aware I said that and trying to compensate, but he's been relatively involved in the votes and not shying away from offering his own opinion.

cabot

15 PLAYERS REMAINING.

TOWN (11/15)
WAFFLETACO
ZEUSY
OCEANICAIR
BLARGONAUT
LONE_PRODIGY
SWAMPED
*SPLINTER
KYANRUTE
ZIPPEDPINHEAD
-
-

MAFIA (4/15)
CABOT
FLAME_AC
RI'ORIOUS
SKYODIN

NON-ENTITIES I DON'T KNOW WTF ABOUT, SO AM THINKING ARE TOWN
-KALOR
-BRONX-MAN

Zipped how exactly did you so accurately scum-read Swamped

So you can townread Swamped all you like, but people going for her as scum is ridiculous?

For the record, I don't think LP is Mafia although I think he's playing like Mafia.

Feel better i.e. worse about my other suspects

Why do you think he's town if he's playing like mafia.

I've asked you to explain this townread twice before, maybe third time's the charm.

cabot

Flame's constant toying with a claim is such a bizarre thing.

Can't really take anything from it now, because a SK is likely scum may try to hunt them down tonight to stop risk of more deaths leaving a dangling Flame alive for us to take care of in the day.

Flame_AC

Can't really take anything from it now, because a SK is likely scum may try to hunt them down tonight to stop risk of more deaths leaving a dangling Flame alive for us to take care of in the day.

I wouldn't say it was a constant toying with a claim. Only when I've had a reasonable chance of being lynched. I'll claim in 3/4 hours if I'm still vote leader.

*Splinter

For your scumread of Kalor, I said earlier in this thread that Kalor posted a lot more as scum in Brexit mafia, so his lack of posts aren't a scumtell to me. He could be aware I said that and trying to compensate, but he's been relatively involved in the votes and not shying away from offering his own opinion.
I must have missed that post, ok so much for that theory.

So you can townread Swamped all you like, but people going for her as scum is ridiculous?

Swamped threw far less scumtell cards onto the table than towntells, IMO

Why do you think he's town if he's playing like mafia.

I've asked you to explain this townread twice before, maybe third time's the charm.

Because the most notable PARTICIPATION from LP this entire game has been his hammer vote of CCS... which is hella NAI. So that translates to a soft Town-read from me

Remember that I had the 1st vote on Bronx, so the tale must include a chapter where I try to gain #townpoints via some little scum mate bussing but then the things go all fucked up and the mate becomes an actual candidate (not that he is one right now imo). Not really against a Bronx lynch really. All he has said has told me nothing about his alignment, what is bad.

oh, that's true.

Mafia wouldn't catch themselves like that. Good job you're Town to me now.

To me, it reads as him just itching to show off his costume to everyone, like Mafia provided him with The Most Contrived Success Story and he can't wait to tell everyone because it'll make him the most pro-Town player imaginable and thus invulnerable.

Anyway, so the prevailing theory re: the strange circumstances of Swamped's demise is... that Zippedpinhead is the 2nd killer who tried to kill Swamped, who he publicly scum-read for Days and successfully so despite the lack of any seeming basis for his scum-read, twice; firstly during N3, but he failed as Swamped was 1-shot Bulletproof, and then secondly during last Night N4, when he succeeded...?

I mean, that would account for both N3 and N4's events. But N1's 2nd death still lacks a perpetrator. And we'd still lack what accounted for N2's lack of a 2nd death.

Yet I can't fathom why after an alleged failed attempt on Swamped's life N3, a KILLER!Zipped would double-down on his inspired scum-read? Why would he read into a failed kill-attempt on her... as evidence that she's Mafia?

Kalor

It could be that Swampeds actions on D4 reinforced their read and they decided to risk it again. Zipped, or whoever the killer is, probably thought that if the kill was blocked again then at least it didn't negatively impact town.

It could be that Swampeds actions on D4 reinforced their read and they decided to risk it again. Zipped, or whoever the killer is, probably thought that if the kill was blocked again then at least it didn't negatively impact town.

Yet, I can't determine anything from Swamped's D4 activity that would justify another killer going around for another attack run under the assumption that eliminating her was pro-Town. Much less them trying again under the assumption that their once-failed target wasn't Town just because their first attack failed.

Although, since they know themselves to be a secondary killer extraneous from the Mafia, that would mechanics-wise suggest to them that, in a game with a secondary killer, it would be a Mafia member who would most likely be the one to be (x-shot) Bulletproof for game-balance purposes (so that scum wouldn't lose their precious members too easily).

Zipped, is that what you thought?

Kyanrute

I mean, that would account for both N3 and N4's events. But N1's 2nd death still lacks a perpetrator. And we'd still lack what accounted for N2's lack of a 2nd death.

Yet I can't fathom why after an alleged failed attempt on Swamped's life N3, a KILLER!Zipped would double-down on his inspired scum-read? Why would he read into a failed kill-attempt on her... as evidence that she's Mafia?

Make Zipped a SK and N1 is explained. Scum wouldn't touch the alternative train during the night nor would any sane ppl protect AB so he was a rather good target for a kill. N2 remains a mystery even with a SK so that is a weak point of the idea.

I imagine one could see a kill dodge (Swamped's BP) as a scum leaning thing. On N3 we already had a wild bunch of town roles revealed. Numbers suggest scum. Perhaps the mystery killer Z wanted to see if the N3 dodge was a one-time thing or not. This though has the issue that it seems fair to assume that the potential SK would've switched their targets between N2 and N3.

meh

Because the most notable PARTICIPATION from LP this entire game has been his hammer vote of CCS... which is hella NAI. So that translates to a soft Town-read from me

You must've missed my earlier post about getting nothing from the mafia kills. I even asked OA, our closest thing to a confirmed townie, for his reads yesterday.

I mean, I don't have a lot of posts so it's not hard to look for them. But no one else seems interested in my analysis about Zeusy's voting pattern, because... They're protecting him?

The "new" excuse only goes so far. I remember a game where newbie scum successfully parlayed their newness for town cred.

SkyOdin

There is a lot of speculation going on about who the second killer is, but the most important question is whether or not the other killer is a serial killer or is aligned with town. The kill targets say "aligned with town", but we can't at all be certain yet.

I would say that it is unlikely that we have two town vigilantes, but it is possible that we may have a deputy vigilante or universal deputy who inherited Dysk Soldier's powers. Power roles do seem a little strong in this game, based on Swamped's flip.

On the other hand, a serial killer successfully building town cred would be a dangerous thing.

Zeusy

I mean, I don't have a lot of posts so it's not hard to look for them. But no one else seems interested in my analysis about Zeusy's voting pattern, because... They're protecting him?

The "new" excuse only goes so far. I remember a game where newbie scum successfully parlayed their newness for town cred.

Oh get out of here with the "protecting him"

SkyOdin

Flame gets a couple votes, dangles his claim in front of everyone, and then people jump to Bronx?
Yeah, I am not against a Bronx lynch, but it does feel like people are eager to find a third option instead of Zeusy or Flame. That isn't necessarily scummy if someone townreads both Flame_AC and Zeusy, but I do find that a little unconvincing considering the arguments against both of them.

SkyOdin

Flame gets a couple votes, dangles his claim in front of everyone, and then people jump to Bronx?

On second thought... aren't you playing both sides with these back-to-back posts? You don't have an active vote right now L_P. Who do you think is scum?

Flame_AC

And yes, me claiming does narrow down the pool for scum to pick off our PR's.

My earlier threat of claiming was to maybe make scum think about killing me during the night, though their targets were pretty much made up for them.

100 memepoints have been transferred to your account. It was a pleasure to do business with you.

5LW3K57.gif
FKQTVAG.gif
5LW3K57.gif

SkyOdin

With the vote lead of 3-2-1, and 4 hours left, I'll go ahead and claim...

I am
a vanilla townie.
I don't know what I was expecting, but I am still disappointed. Now, you are either a townie who jumped into making a distracting gambit early on, or you are scum who can't come up with a good fake PR claim.

Flame_AC

I don't know what I was expecting, but I am still disappointed. Now, you are either a townie who jumped into making a distracting gambit early on, or you are scum who can't come up with a good fake PR claim.

I don't see a gambit? I made a case for someone I think is scum? My talk of claiming earlier on was to try and lightning rod a kill my way?

Top Bottom