• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

I watched the Wade Barrett movie, Eliminators, and it's one of the better WWE movies from the past few years (high bar, I know). It's not, like, good; it feels like a movie actually made by WWE writers and directors, 'cause the fight scenes always have moves that just don't connect mixed in with some decent action scenes, but at least it has fight scenes, which i can't say for the last few Marines and 12 Rounds 3 or whatever. Barrett is actually fine in it but the Scott Adkins/Barrett fight scenes are fuckin Indie Shit: The Movie, bc by the end they just keep doing wrestling moves on each other with little regard for selling (Adkins hits him with a headscissors takedown, Barrett uses an elbow drop).
Barrett hits The Wasteland and I was so done.
. He gets to be a smarmy asshole so that's cool, plus you sorta forget he's a big dude by normal standards

it's at least kinda fun and watchable, unlike the Ambrose or Miz vehicles

I spend yesterday, curled up in a hungover ball

I ate and drank nothing

and I come round to this garbage lapsed op

wake me up when january ends

Why is it so hard for WWE to put out shirts that people who aren't complete goobers wouldn't be embarrassed to wear in public? What is with the massive hard-on the company has gained over the last several years for branding and giving everyone nicknames that they try way too hard to try and get over for such purposes? How about driving internet fads into the ground like the RKO thing?

http://corporate.wwe.com/who-we-are/leadership

Also, lol at Kevin Dunn not having a picture.

Why is it so hard for WWE to put out shirts that people who aren't complete goobers wouldn't be embarrassed to wear in public? What is with the massive hard-on the company has gained over the last several years for branding and giving everyone nicknames that they try way too hard to try and get over for such purposes? How about driving internet fads into the ground like the RKO thing?

Kevin has some sorta image issues from what I've heard. No pun intended.

The shirts look like they're from first year graphic artists students

I understand why.
Rdzz4iL.jpg

Beaver_display_image.jpg

I think that Enzo & Cass might already be the winner of worst wrestling shirt of 2017 and we're not even two days into the year.

Last years winner is of course WWE for a brief time trying to sell a 'I'm not like most girls' shirt as a men's shirt as well.

Overall winner across all years is that Bayley shirt.

Edit: What was worse, Beaver Cleavage segments or the domestic abuse angle.

I think that Enzo & Cass might already be the winner of worst wrestling shirt of 2017 and we're not even two days into the year.

Last years winner is of course WWE for a brief time trying to sell a 'I'm not like most girls' shirt as a men's shirt as well.

You know in the end, you feel bad.

Because Beaver's girlfriend is dead.

But in the domestic abuse angle, it made me fucking hate Jimmy K. But now I actually feel bad for him because he could've died in the Owen accident and I'm sure it haunts him for life knowing since he was right in the ring and Owen told him to get out of the way. Tragic

Zach

"You know what this The Mania of WrestleMania business needs? Terrible music played over everything! Yes!"

You know in the end, you feel bad.

Because Beaver's girlfriend is dead.

But in the domestic abuse angle, it made me fucking hate Jimmy K. But now I actually feel bad for him because he could've died in the Owen accident and I'm sure it haunts him for life knowing since he was right in the ring and Owen told him to get out of the way. Tragic

Who's Jimmy K?

Bad news gents, Hana is out due to a wrist injury.

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/815946384398434305

I totally forgot the domestic abuse angle... Then it slowly came back to me, damn it. RIP Marianna... Fuck cancer.

I found the men's version of the Nia Jax shirt to be funny at least. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What was his role in the Beaver Cleavage angle?
It was when he was Chaz that the abusive angle started. Basically Jimmy would screw Chaz out of his matches because he believed that Chaz really was abusing his gf. But in the end Chaz was right, his gf was putting on make up for sympathy.

Striker

TLF's intro with Sid's promo is a nice one. Such a waste that Shawn won that match because he ends up never defending the belt or even wrestling at Mania.

Guzim

Someone is employed and literally paid money to make WWE shirts.

Probably one of those people who sell 'show bags' filled with stale candy and terrible toys at carnivals and fairs.

Reminds me when Punk had this shirt:

KV8v8Mq.jpg

Punk and Vince were having a promo.

Vince "That shirt is awful."
Punk "Your company made it."

Anth0ny

the only reason i could think of is they sell the way they are to their lowest common denominator fans, so they're going to keep doing it until they stop selling. "being embarrassed to wear them in public" probably isn't even a point of discussion that ever comes up.

Caderfix

Nia Jax is pretty bad, like, really bad. Both in ring and with the mic, also that Saiyan uniform she uses is terrible, I'll never be able to her seriously with that outfit.

Top Bottom