• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

klonere

Banned
Man I can appreciate what YAMATO and Doi are going for in this Final Gate main event but man is it not coming off the way they want it to. DG singles main event style is so so hard to pull off tbf

How would you even know that, you were born 4 years ago
200w.gif

Come on, son. That gimmicks played out.

I rewatched OMEGA VS Naito and good god is this match amazing and better than I remember.

Seriously, I've watched it three times and I keep finding new things to enjoy about the match. Omega putting on a clinic on dramatic selling, so good. My match of the year and I can't think of a better heel vs heel match.

somedevil

"Kurt Angle vs Hulk Hogan next, the winner gets Brock Lesnar next week on Smackdown"

these were free TV matches....

Well Hogan vs Angle already happened on pay per view before this rematch. Also, this was Hogan's last singles match in 2002.

He then had a disagreement with management when he wanted to beat Brock at Survivor Series for putting him over clean and they said no. He then didn't return until the rock rematch in 03.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The fact they ever considered giving the wrestlers creative control over their own characters is fucking hilarious.

Sephzilla

Random teammates in Rocket League are literally the worst. I'm AJ Styles and I keep getting stuck with Gallows and Anderson

Seriously, I've watched it three times and I keep finding new things to enjoy about the match. Omega putting on a clinic on dramatic selling, so good. My match of the year and I can't think of a better heel vs heel match.

I watched it, and Omega/Goto again yesterday.

There seriously is so much good stuff in those matches. Little things too, like when Omega flips out of a suplex and sells landing on his knee and without turning around Naito smirks like he knew thats what Omega was going to do.

It was such a good match.

Lothar

Banned
Yep I need to see elmo.

ALSO FUCK WM RETURNING TO NEW ORLEANS

FUCK NEW ORLEANS AND FUCK WM 30

What, are you serious? A WM is coming back to New Orleans? That doesn't seem fair to the rest of the country, but please yes. I'll try to get better seats this time.

RBH

WrestleMania 34 being held in New Orleans?

Fuck this shit.

Come back to Atlanta! We deserve a better card that the shitstain that was WrestleMania 27!

klonere

Banned
AJPW spoilers (for the show that just happened/is happening), not a match result though

KAI came out and challenged for the Triple Crown. KAi. In 2017.

Kento got a great match out of a broken down SUWAMA so I'm actually pretty sure this will be a good match but my god its fucking KAI!

WrestleMania 34 being held in New Orleans?

Fuck this shit.

Come back to Atlanta! We deserve a better card that the shitstain that was WrestleMania 27!

Why would you want to go to that stinkhole you call a city? Fatlanta so terrible, it's no wonder the FAILcons have only been to one Super Bowl! And they lost, too!

#HeelBeef

AJPW spoilers (for the show that just happened/is happening), not a match result though

KAI came out and challenged for the Triple Crown. KAi. In 2017.

Kento got a great match out of a broken down SUWAMA so I'm actually pretty sure this will be a good match but my god its fucking KAI!

I haven't seen a KAI match in probably three years but can he really be worse than Suwama or the Bodyguard?

klonere

Banned
I haven't seen a KAI match in probably three years but can he really be worse than Suwama or the Bodyguard?

He's not but his current character/shtick is just the absolute worst, dressing like Onita/Ambrose except with dumb jumping jacks, constantly begging to the crowd, comes off as a total fucking goober. If he drops that for the AJPW stuff he could be fine

Top Bottom