• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Oersted

Ambroses Wrestling was, sans Roadblock, bad. He gets a pass on Bork. But all non-wrestling parts very much delivered.

Roman greatly improved in ring, but his character and promowork dropped to Cesaro levels.

Rollins return has been more botched than the Dudleyz.

Syder

Bit harsh on Nia to call her the worst wrestler of the year. It's not her fault she got called up.
While I hate Enzo's gimmick, he's over with the crowds and he's not challenging for belts or being booked strong.
After the first 2 months of the year where Dean looked like he could have been a suitable Champ at RR (great match with Owens) and the title match at Roadblock I, Dean has had some of the worst matches of the year for a so-called 'main eventer'. Lesnar @ Mania, Asylum match v Jericho, Ziggler @ SummerSlam. I've never gone cold on a wrestler as quick I have Ambrose and if his interview with Stone Cold is anything to go by then he doesn't think he has anything to improve on.

Tall4Life

Shelly Martinez vs Rebel not being recognized for Worst Match of the Year is disrespectful to that match, it was the king of shit.

Zach

Jesus Christ, this Mr. America/"handicapped" guy/Piper/O'Haire storyline. What is happening in 2003?

Oh, and that Torrie/Sable thing earlier. Especially Torrie's entrance with Lilian singing. My god. If you want to cringe...

Edit: Oh my god, his name is Zach! Yeeeaaah!

>_>

I remember that

Vince seemed to take some kind of sexual pleasure from bullying that kid. Also vince's face in that arm wrestling match creeps me out to this day

Zach

I am seriously in awe that Hogan vs. Piper is happening on a PPV in 2003. Pretty sure the WWF made fun of WCW for putting this match on in 1996.

I am seriously in awe that Hogan vs. Piper is happening on a PPV in 2003. Pretty sure the WWF made fun of WCW for putting this match on in 1996.

A lot of what WWE did post-WCW seemed like efforts at showing they could do the same stuff but better

Very rarely did it succeed (TV authority figure Bischoff had some great moments)

Nekofrog

Banned
the fuck happened to bobby roberts, he just came back

A lot of what WWE did post-WCW seemed like efforts at showing they could do the same stuff but better

Very rarely did it succeed (TV authority figure Bischoff had some great moments)

running through the bischoff era of raw and he's actually super entertaining when vince isn't forcing him to do the 20 minute promos. he's concise, to the point, and is genuinely good at acting his character. he knows the character in and out and when they give him interesting stuff it's always good.

C1HiF-RVEAAwnZg.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
Lol holy shit.

Hope everyone had a fun NYE. Caught up on some wrasslin today while my lady and I nursed our hangovers.

Smackdown last week was awesome. Chicago was hype. Alpha bros where they should be now in that tag division. AJ continues to bring people to put on their best match performances ever, as Baron really shined. Ziggler was good too I guess.

205 Live was weird. Poor Cedrick, WTF are they doing to him? Gallagher is fucking incredible on the mic. Swann vs Neville was fantastic.

NXT from 2 weeks ago was ok. Bummer we're not getting Dillinger in San Antonio. Crowds have been really hot for him past couple of months. Think I'm gonna watch the Osaka episode they put up now.

Probably not going to try and watch last week's RAW.

Zach

You know, Trish, Jazz, Victoria, Jacqueline, Lita, Ivory, and my girl Molly could make for a solid women's division. Too bad they weren't taken very seriously in '03. They're still trying with what they're given, though.

Lothar

Banned

They were really talking about having it again in a future WM a few years ago.

Jamie OD

I think someone pointed out that Brock Vs Goldberg has a similar age combination to the Hogan Vs Piper match from that time.

Zach

The Diving Whatever from the forklift was just about the only enjoyable thing at Judgment Day '03.

Brock's driving of the forklift was pretty hilarious, too.

Top Bottom