• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Master of None starring Aziz Ansari - Netflix Series - S1 out now; S2 coming in 2017

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
It took me like 3 episodes to realize - after they gave Benjamin more than like one line at a time - that it's the dude that voices Bob in Bob's Burgers. Like I recognized his name and everything too a few times.

Also the voice of Archer.

Edit - Those are his real parents in the show:

QdAaRhI.jpg

Gray Matter

5 episodes in and loving it.

Sometimes I wish life was the way it is on the TV show, just simple and everything falls nto place, but it's TV so of course it's going to be perfect

giga

Half way through and can say it's one of my favorite shows of the year. 💯

Not nearly enough Rachel though.
Gonna guess things don't work out with her ex

barik

Second episode was a bit hard to get through, the rest is amazing so far. Great cast, great subjects, great implementation of Aziz's standup, great characters, great timing. Love this.

giga

Finished.

Absolutely perfect. The most affecting portrait of contemporary life I've literally ever seen.

Masterpiece.
As a late 20s something, I relate to it so much more than Girls or Broad City, even though I actually like the latter. (I can't do Girls at all.) Maybe because the lead is male and not a complete fuck up.

Bladenic

Episode 9 was wonderful.

However, having not seen episode 10, does Dev's movie get mentioned? Was kinda figuring they were going somewhere with that at least mentioning if it was gonna be a success or anything.

Seesaw15

Episode 9 was wonderful.

However, having not seen episode 10, does Dev's movie get mentioned? Was kinda figuring they were going somewhere with that at least mentioning if it was gonna be a success or anything.

The movie is a big part of ep 10.

Z..

Episode 1 was ok. It showed promise in alot of right places.

Episode 2 confirmed it. That opening skit with the immigrant parent fable of modern america was quite masterfull.

I think this just might be great.

Excellent series. The last half or so of the finale loses a bit of steam in the relateability and believeability department but that's a minor quibble.

This show was already great. Then came the Madvillain song playing in the background in, I believe, episode 5. It became god-tier.

The soundtrack choices in this are on point, along with the musical cameos.

Sami+

Really enjoying this. That second episode, man. :eek:

I talk about it a lot on GAF so it'll probably sound redundant at this point, but my sisters and I are first generation Syrian Americans. It really hit close to home for me. I should do something like that for my dad one of these days. It's a really nice treat to have a story really aimed to be relatable for first gen kids - not really that common from my experience. I can imagine it falling flat for people that don't relate though.

Caught one Ep just to give it a shot. Starts out kinda rough but damn, once Ep 2 kicks in with the dads, I felt it was too real not to give a shot. Very glad I did. Wound up watching 8 eps in a row. Best show I've seen a good while. It's a funny, human and genuinely sincere feeling show. I absolutely love what I've seen so far.

Episode five is just God damned hilarious. Fuckin CarHuman man.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
This show was recorded all around my stomping grounds. My old walk to the train, right around the corner from me right now. Netflix loves my hood.

FZZ

Banned
Show picks up SO much after Episode 2 and to the end of Episode 3

So glad I kept on watching

The ending though :(

RedAssedApe

Banned
I feel like an asshole after that intro to episode 2. Lol

And yeah this is so on point with Asian parents. Will keep watching.

finalflame

Just watched the first 2 episodes. Absolutely amazing. Great writing and Aziz's delivery is on point as always. Have a feeling I'm REALLY gonna enjoy this show.

Ashhong

Episode 1 was ok. It showed promise in alot of right places.

Episode 2 confirmed it. That opening skit with the immigrant parent fable of modern america was quite masterfull.

I think this just might be great.

I was really hoping they would have Brian's dad yell at him or hit him when he said that. To show some kind of contrast between his own and Brian's parents. I know my parents would have lol

Quick

Banned
Episode 3 feels like the show firmly settles in.

But seriously, Noël Wells is adorable. The Cartman impression sealed it for me.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
As an Indian immigrant, this show is fucking incredible. Both Parents and Indians on TV hit home for me.

Really awesome to see a comedy show that talks about the Indian immigrant experience.

Hatchtag

Banned
ffs episode two tries to make you cry -_-

I do like how, so far, they keep having really sweet moments towards the end, but then completely break it, like with
Dev eating the better sandwich in Episode 1 and Dev's dad dropping the guitar for the iPad in Episode 2.
It's funny and makes the characters a bit more human.

Evilcrane

Wow, what a show! I loved Aziz on Parks and Recreation but I didn't really enjoy his stand-up thingie on Netflix, so I went into this show with some reservations. The show looks very stylish and the selection of music is great, but what hooked me was the warm and thought-provoking focus of the show. Episode two hit me pretty hard with the feels - funny enough it just happens to be Father's Day over where I live, so the episode really got me thinking about shit... in a good way! So, any news on season 2 yet? ;)

dmshaposv

The show ramps up in quality by ALOT after episode 1.

Episode 1 is quite weak, 2 gets better and 3 onwards it really hits its stride. So far Episode 5 and 6 are the best for me.

Aphex Twin in first episode, Black Sheep in the second. Man, this show has great music taste.

"Fun is a luxury only your generation has."

Damn, that's like my dad guilt-tripping me.

Aphex Twin in first episode, Black Sheep in the second. Man, this show has great music taste.

"Fun is a luxury only your generation has."

Damn, that's like my dad guilt-tripping me.

Aphex Twin fucking BOOKENDS the series bro. Best music direction ever on top of just being the straight up best show ever.

The last five minutes should be shown mandatorily to every human being on their 32nd birthday. Not even joking.

Hazaku

Show's great! Probably my favorite thing alongside Kimmy Schmidt to come from Netflix.

One question though

Was that dude at the beginning of EP7 a depiction of your average PUA in the wild?

Top Bottom