• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/23 - 6/29

360 Numbers are some what surprising.
I know they are still horrible compared to the rest but it shocks me to think 4500 japanese gamers walked into their local game shops over the last week and chose a 360.

Paracelsus

CitizenCope said:
I know they are still horrible compared to the rest but it shocks me to think 4500 japanese gamers walked into their local game shops over the last week and chose a 360.

Vesperia is approaching.

FrankT

CitizenCope said:

Yea, it's done ~10k in the last two weeks. Not sure where that bump has come from heh.

Paracelsus said:
Vesperia is approaching.

Or perhaps this.

DC R1D3R

Banned
CitizenCope said:

It seems like the hardcore know where to get their fix.

Rocksteady33 said:
The Tales franchise has gone through so much bullshit over the last couple of years though so it's really not all that surprising.
Bullshit, visually.
PSP+Rebirth

JavyOO7

Mario Kart Wii doing fantastic as usual!

THe more people buy Wii hardware, the more of a chance that MK Wii has the same chance to compete against the DS version.

Yes!! /flex

Tales in bigger, rarer days. Though it seems 2005 is when the floodgates opened.

PS2+A

Note that in both of these images I've left out budget rereleases to prevent things from being even more cluttered.

I had to abbreviate these more than the other; the length of the URL was causing a problem with my method of transferring things to a GAF-postable URL and back.

kswiston

schuelma said:
A flop? I really disagree with that. It might technically be a follow up, but its still clearly not a mothership game and its sold out its initial shipment with little trouble. On track to be the highest grossing current gen console RPG..can't call it a flop.

TOS2 taking the title of the highest selling jrpg so far this generation would be more impressive if most of its competition wasn't coming from the 360. Jrpg releases this gen have been pretty anemic outside of the portables.

Still TOS2 is doing ok. I'm sure it will be profitable after it's been released in NA and EU

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Captain Smoker said:
Ok, please forget the numbers posted one site before, they are not correct.

But wtf´s 2chan not posting any numbers. >_>

Hardware or software or both?

schuelma

cw_sasuke said:
hope both... tos2 can still perform better *hope*

I doubt it- I assume the initial top 10 is correct, so ToS will still be around 30K.

schuelma

Captain Smoker said:
Both....

2chan ftl.

Arrgghh

but the initial Famitsu top 10 without numbers is correct though, I assume?

schuelma said:
Arrgghh

but the initial Famitsu top 10 without numbers is correct though, I assume?
y-koron @ VGC hartz [I know, I know, but he makes a great job], who translates the Top30 for VGC said that the numbers are not correct, he speaks japanese, so we should believe him.

Anyway, there were no LTD numbers in the original post @ 2chan [normally they always post them, too], so the software numbers should be wrong.

schuelma

_Alkaline_ said:
So, the 30K TOS2 numbers are right or wrong?

The 28K is wrong for now, but they should be close to that.

Neo C.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Because I can't see any new remarkable Wii game on the top ten. Seems like WiiFit and a bunch of other longsellers are reason enough.

Edit: Oh well, wrong numbers. Nevermind.

Captain Smoker said:
Should be wrong.

Sorry for the disaccord. :)

That's ok! I'm glad cause I'm hoping TOS2 does better than those numbers.

I wonder why TOS2 isn't selling as well as the first though? Is it because people are starting to become tired of Tales (if they aren't already)?

schuelma

_Alkaline_ said:

I wonder why TOS2 isn't selling as well as the first though? Is it because people are starting to become tired of Tales (if they aren't already)?

It's never been positioned as a main title like Symphonia was- it was always considered a spin off.

apotema

_Alkaline_ said:

They are wrong but they will likely be lower than 28k, hardcore gamers FTL

markatisu

schuelma said:
It's never been positioned as a main title like Symphonia was- it was always considered a spin off.

With that said I think even if the numbers are similar its doing pretty well for a "spin-off"

I mean it did what like 150k last week, so another 30k would be about a week away from 200k and ToS1 did what in the range of 300k LTD?

Haven't most successful 3rd party Wii games in JP been around 200-300k, given the landscape of Japan its probably the best Namco can hope for outside the portables because they certainly wont get those sales from the 360 crowd (not sure about PS3 but seeing as how 1st party titles have a hard time breaking 200-300k it would seem unlikely)

schuelma

cvxfreak said:
Did we get the whole top 30 Famitsu from the previous week as well?

Yeah, donny posted it in last weeks thread. I think it came last Thursday

botticus

Stormbringer said:
Band Brothers DX - 45k
Initial D - 44k
Nanashi no Game - 31k

ToS Wii/Derby Stallion - No numbers, but both sold around 90% of their initial shipment so far.

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10114558929.html
No restocks? Or I guess we should expect those for this week.

ksamedi said:
So why is everybody calling Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World, Tales of Symphonia 2?
It's a sequel to ToS, albeit a spin-off title, and I think your post kinda answered your own question.

Dawn of the New World/DotNW/KoR or 2. We're lazy.

Nice numbers for Band Brothers.

It´s scary, but nearly every peace of software from Nintendo becomes a top seller, let´s see how many units BB DX is going to manage till end of the generation. :D

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
ksamedi said:
So why is everybody calling Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World, Tales of Symphonia 2?

From the perspective of budget and effort, it is considered a spin-off.

From the perspective of story/characters, it is a sequel.

Take your pick. (I side with the story/characters as primary importance myself)

Busaiku said:
Did they ever restock?
botticus said:

No mention of restocks in the entry... But yeah, given the sell-through, seems like things are starting to get a bit tight, so we should probably expect restocks soon.

botticus said:

It's a sequel to ToS, albeit a spin-off title, and I think your post kinda answered your own question.

Dawn of the New World/DotNW/KoR or 2. We're lazy.
It's also the sorta thing that makes people seem foolish in the end, though. Like when everyone called Yakuza Kenzan by "Yakuza 3", then Yakuza 3 was announced. Or for a Talesy example, when Namco USA called Eternia "Tales of Destiny 2", then a proper Tales of Destiny 2 was created.

botticus

JoshuaJSlone said:
It's also the sorta thing that makes people seem foolish in the end, though. Like when everyone called Yakuza Kenzan by "Yakuza 3", then Yakuza 3 was announced. Or for a Talesy example, when Namco USA called Eternia "Tales of Destiny 2", then a proper Tales of Destiny 2 was created.
I will gladly accept this foolishness if we get a third Symphonia game.

markatisu

JoshuaJSlone said:

If Tales of Symphonia 2 does come out I will gladly be called a fool and call this game Dawn of the New World.

But until that happens its ToS2 to me for this very reason

From the perspective of story/characters, it is a sequel.

Good sales for Wii, but I wonder if MC will still have the PSP ahead of the Wii in sales like they did last week.
(I'm just talking about weekly sales of course, not LTD or anything)

schuelma

perfectchaos007 said:
Good sales for Wii, but I wonder if MC will still have the PSP ahead of the Wii in sales like they did last week.
(I'm just talking about weekly sales of course, not LTD or anything)

Those hardware numbers were fake.

donny2112

schuelma said:
2ch give me my numbers!

It's a leak. Leaks sometimes get closed. I'd love for it to continue (games debuting outside Top 30, individual week sales for normally combined weeks), but it may not. If it's just changed to coming out after the Media-Create data instead of before it, I'd be fine with that, too. :D

Top Bottom