• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini Mafia III |OT| An Amazing Alien Abduction Adventure

batsnacks

Apropos of nothing is it in scum's best interest to kill CCS tonight?
Would you?

---

Going from memory right now I think the list is:
Lynch now: LP,
Could lynch: gorlak, haly

???: squid,

Reevaluating Time because I think I have a better idea where he's at

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Would you?

Well, on one hand, he'll never get mislynched. Lynching him means someone dies without scum giving up any additional information. This was the same reasoning scum used to kill coppa and I when we were masons.

On the other, they have no chance of hitting a power role if they go CCS. So it comes down to what kind of game scum wants to play. Personally I would be in favor of a CCS kill.

batsnacks

I don't think I would but it depends on some things. CSS could get got by a SK, mafia may determine the possibility of a doctor save is too likely.

squidyj

Ugh, yall keep trying to pull me away from Nioh.

LP got weirdly worried about an ouro train leading to a hammer when it wasn't that close at all and pulled his vote. That's a weird thing to do but I think it was LP being dumb. That said I understand the suspicion there but I'm inclined to believe that neither LP nor the people voting on LP are scum.
I'm far more interested in looking at people like Kawl, Kyan, and Time. I don't like Kyan's attitude, Time's presence or Kawl for who he is as a person.

For more mechanical discussion speculating about scum targets re CCS is not particularly good for town, I doubt anyone here is going to bring up anything a doctor wouldn't be able to figure out on their own and giving scum threads to work with in terms of sewing confusion in later days is a bad idea.
In the same vein peeking was discussed earlier and again it provides information to scum. don't do it.

Now back to Nioh.

Kawl_USC

Well, on one hand, he'll never get mislynched. Lynching him means someone dies without scum giving up any additional information. This was the same reasoning scum used to kill coppa and I when we were masons.

On the other, they have no chance of hitting a power role if they go CCS. So it comes down to what kind of game scum wants to play. Personally I would be in favor of a CCS kill.
The biggest benefit of taking a confirmed town to final 3 is that it frames the debate very clearly. It becomes a thunder dome with 1 cleared townie that must be convinced. That heads up argumentive style is much easier for scum to stick to their narrative. Deciding which of the two people you know for a fact are town as final scum to pick as your scum case is difficult. Having an inno child there removes that burden. CCs has the added benefit of being someone who has shown he can be swayed by a strong enough argument more so than more stubborn people in our community.

Kawl_USC

LP got weirdly worried about an ouro train leading to a hammer when it wasn't that close at all and pulled his vote. That's a weird thing to do but I think it was LP being dumb. That said I understand the suspicion there but I'm inclined to believe that neither LP nor the people voting on LP are scum.
I'm far more interested in looking at people like Kawl, Kyan, and Time. I don't like Kyan's attitude, Time's presence or Kawl for who he is as a person.

For more mechanical discussion speculating about scum targets re CCS is not particularly good for town, I doubt anyone here is going to bring up anything a doctor wouldn't be able to figure out on their own and giving scum threads to work with in terms of sewing confusion in later days is a bad idea.
In the same vein peeking was discussed earlier and again it provides information to scum. don't do it.

Now back to Nioh.
Why you you gotta be like that squids.

I'm no Cabot, there's no need to hate me as a person

CCS

Banned
VOTE: Timeaisis

Also, I'd kill me. Why? Because I'm dangerous if left alive. I am like a angel in the light, a predator in the night, that makes scum die of fright :D

batsnacks

Now back to Nioh.
What made you think LP was just being dumb? Is there some example you remember even if it's small?

Timeaisis

I don't know why people keep putting words in my mouth.

I posted a reads list because I was asked to. If you're going to lynch me for a list made barely 24 hours into a game, then there's no changing your mind. I'd be happy to provide an updated list when we start talking about something else besides 1 (non)-event.

And the whole "lol LP saying I'm quiet" is so old. Is a pot never supposed to comment on a kettle's colour? Ever?

Anyway I've hit my post quota for the day so I'm going back to hiding, coasting, etc.

Give us your reads then. Even if it's just one. If Ouro really was a joke vote, you probably have one or two others that could be serious contenders.

batsnacks

I just mean that I think the overreaction to the votes on ouro is in and of itself dumb.
I agree with that escpecially considering majority lynches can't even happen in this game. You said it made you think he was town though and you're the only one that made that conclusion.

squidyj

I agree with that escpecially considering majority lynches can't even happen in this game. You said it made you think he was town though and you're the only one that made that conclusion.

So the implication from a scumread is that both ouro and LP are scum together, that LP was worried about getting a scum buddy killed day 1 and overreacted.
I don't think that's what's going on, it's too much too soon.
So the alternative is Ouro is town and LP is scum.Why draw attention to it? you'd be on your way to a low information mislynch.

I don't find either of these scenarios to be the highest probability right now so I'm inclined to believe LP is town.

batsnacks

So the implication from a scumread is that both ouro and LP are scum together, that LP was worried about getting a scum buddy killed day 1 and overreacted.
So the alternative is Ouro is town and LP is scum.Why draw attention to it? you'd be on your way to a low information mislynch.

I don't find either of these scenarios to be the highest probability right now so I'm inclined to believe LP is town.
Yeah that makes sense.

Ourobolus

Banned

Well I'm Town so do your own derivation.

Ourobolus

Banned
For the record I am operating on the assumption that LP is scum, but expendable scum (Goon), and that Timeasis is scum, but not expendable (GF/RB).

Kawl_USC

doesn't change my question

jvsIqgz.gif

Ourobolus

Banned
look, I am depressed about the state of my stupid fucking country, and may be slightly drunk

Timeasis is sheeping the vote on LP, and I suspect he is bussing because LP is just a Goon. If I am wrong and you think I am mafia, feel free to kill me tomorrow.

For you OW jackasses - there are no Lynchers in C9++, so fuck off.

Kawl_USC

Sure leap on a bus if it's happening, but preferably on day 2 with a mislynch already behind you. But you don't manufacture it out of nothing day one. That math just doesn't clear especially with our meta becoming less all forgiving for day 1 scum voters.

Ourobolus

Banned
Sure leap on a bus if it's happening, but preferably on day 2 with a mislynch already behind you. But you don't manufacture it out of nothing day one. That math just doesn't clear especially with our meta becoming less all forgiving for day 1 scum voters.

sure, use that reasoning

Ourobolus

Banned
Also, 12 hours left and I should probably try this sleep thing at some point.

Anyone else want in on this Timeasis train?

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Lone_Prodigy (5)
CzarTim #169
Haly #202
Crab #222
batsnacks #260
Kawl_USC #323

Timeaisis (2)
Ourobolus #215
CCS #310

Gorlak (1)
Ourobolus #60 #215
batsnacks #63 #260
Kawl_USC #175 #323
Timeaisis #200

Kyanrute (1)
squidyj #259

batsnacks (1)
Gorlak #57
Timeaisis #82 #200

CCS (0): Kawl_USC #90 #132

melonrabbit (0): Kawl_USC #132 #175

squidyj (0): Haly #58 #115

Crab (0): melonrabbit #137 #237

Ourobolus (0): Lone_Prodigy #69 #165, CzarTim #106 #169, Haly #115 #202

Kawl_USC (0): melonrabbit #109 #137

No active vote for Day 1: Kyanrute, Lone_Prodigy (has previously voted), melonrabbit (has previously voted)

Day 1 ends:
gra_1486591200.png

Automated vote tally here

Gorlak

Banned
I'm at work and could only skim. Will be catching up and provide further insight in about 6 hours.

For the time being I want to call out squidyj. Either I missed it or he did not comment on me vs. Bats which is pretty weird since in our last game he saw a pretty similar conversation between the exact same people. Squid what's your take on the situation?

Comparable Ouro's lack of interest is feeling off. Usually he's fucking around with me all day(see his first comment towards my first vote) since then radio silence.

Something was wrong with crab's question. Will look for it now before my break ends

CzarTim

look, I am depressed about the state of my stupid fucking country, and may be slightly drunk

Timeasis is sheeping the vote on LP, and I suspect he is bussing because LP is just a Goon. If I am wrong and you think I am mafia, feel free to kill me tomorrow.

For you OW jackasses - there are no Lynchers in C9++, so fuck off.
Time isn't voting lp and in fact defended him, wtf are you going on about?

I don't see them as w/w. And I feel like every time I move off of someone day one even though they did something scummy, I end up regretting it. I think I'm comfortable with lp for now.

Gorlak

Banned
Gorlak, which people would you consider voting for at the moment? Why do you think so many people started playing aggressively towards you?

There it is. Vote goes to bats, already explained. After that probably Kyan. Will wait for Ouro's reaction. Indifferent on Lp atm.

Second question is wrong. I don't think many ppl started playing aggressive towards me. It was only bats with a ridiculous argument that makes no sense. Since he refused to discuss it any further my scum read on him is pretty strong.
Anyone else wasn't aggressive imo.

Kyanrute

No majority lynch makes people so eager with their votes. Makes certain someone stand out teehee. Right now would vote for Time and I am thinking about secondary candidates.

Crab, satisfied with the spread v focus answer?
Squid, why do you consider my perfect attitude unlikable?

and i could ask why gorlak wants to kill me but i get the feeling i know the answer

batsnacks

Gorlak hasn't contributed outside my feud with him 1 hour in which simply isn't town gorlak. He's used it to avoid playing the larger game.

The LP wagon is suspicious now that I see the vote count.

UNVOTE

At work, I'll be back at lunch to post more thoughts.

Not sure what is going on with Ouro. Seems a big oversight to miss that Time wasn't even voting for LP and has been on Gorlak all day.

Hopefully by then LP can get back to me. Also would be interested hearing from Squid and that Kyan vote.

Top Bottom