• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini Mafia III |OT| An Amazing Alien Abduction Adventure

Kawl_USC

Another famous policy Lynch on a townie, thanks Karl.
In what world is this a policy lynch? And in what world do I policy lynch in? There's a difference between deciding on what is the logical, most informative lynch and committing to that and a policy lynch. I'd prefer if you didn't drag my name through the mud here in game threads, you can keep that to your lover threads on OG.

CzarTim

Anytime, boo.

What do you think of Oreo this game? He's making a lot of dumb mistake but I'm leaning town atm. He did the same thing in Pixar.

Kawl_USC

Anytime, boo.

What do you think of Oreo this game? He's making a lot of dumb mistake but I'm leaning town atm. He did the same thing in Pixar.

Lean town. I don't agree with his w/w read but it's unique enough and it came mostly unprompted so it gets a good read from me. I hope his output gets more impressive as we get more to work with though.

What are your thoughts on crab?

CzarTim

Lean town. I don't agree with his w/w read but it's unique enough and it came mostly unprompted so it gets a good read from me. I hope his output gets more impressive as we get more to work with though.

What are your thoughts on crab?
I have been very unimpressed so far. I don't like that he dismissed my question earlier with a joke and he hadn't contributed anything other than a light read on lp and Oreo. Leaning scum.

Kawl_USC

paint.net. I'm not a member of the librul elite.

I've already pointed out I have mild suspiscions about Ouro. Otherwise, I either have no firm read or would prefer not to divulge yet.
Yea this isn't a great response after you both just trade jokes a little.

where's your vote currently and if it isn't on crab why do you think that person is more likely scum?

Kyanrute

As for me, I like to sit back and watch D1.

There was this bit about the cookieman that I disagreed with. In general I feel that Ouro does more than just watch the scenery on day one in general. What slightly concerns me is that while I do not agree with his remark in general, I feel it fits him right now in this game. Lazy, was the word I used in my superb read post.

Other things fit his towny self better though, he has his own read on the game and goes with it. Not a null, but I am not sure which is the right direction to lean towards.

CzarTim

Yea this isn't a great response after you both just trade jokes a little.

where's your vote currently and if it isn't on crab why do you think that person is more likely scum?
Lp, in addition to his Oreo unvote he was very defensive to pressure and kept ignoring questions that could have moved the game forward in favor of justifying his past behavior.

As for not voting crab I've been waiting for him to come in and actually contribute more.

Kawl_USC

Lp, in addition to his Oreo unvote he was very defensive to pressure and kept ignoring questions that could have moved the game forward in favor of justifying his past behavior.

As for not voting crab I've been waiting for him to come in and actually contribute more.
Is the vote not a way to demand more activity? And LP at the least has given us his word that he will be back today to finally answer the questions put before him.

Ourobolus

Banned
Right I get that. I'm was saying a joke response there doesn't help any one. So I repeat, where's the beef

Anyway, this was what I meant to say last night through my drunken typing. Not Time's "vote," so much as his "concern" over the LP unvote of me:

The LP unvote reads a little scummy but doesn't strike me as all that different from his usual playstyle.

Just kinda wishy-washy.

CzarTim

Is the vote not a way to demand more activity? And LP at the least has given us his word that he will be back today to finally answer the questions put before him.
I personally don't think prod votes are useful and prefer to vote for the person who I actuality would like to be voted out. Right now that's still lp, bud.

Kawl_USC

I personally don't think prod votes are useful and prefer to vote for the person who I actuality would like to be voted out. Right now that's still lp, bud.
Is there a world where you see both being scum? Any interactions between the two that make you feel that's more or less likely?

CzarTim

Is there a world where you see both being scum? Any interactions between the two that make you feel that's more or less likely?

I am not sure, crab voted lp but might have been an early bus? He was throwing shade at oreo too, so would have been easy to throw a vote there too. Maybe leaning slightly not w/w but not sure

CCS

Banned
I don't like how quiet squidyj is either. It's worth noting that, by my count, he has only 9 posts since game start. Stealthy scum?

batsnacks

Care to elaborate?

What squid said made me reconsider about LP. Unvoting ouro for dumb reasons and dodging questions isnt helping him as mafia it actually hurts him. Granted it also doesn't help town but I don't see the mafia agenda there, it's null and bad at worst.

So I was rereading and I saw that Crab posted this:
8kmoSha.png

Arent Crab and Tim voting LP for basically the same reasons? Why is Crab posting this about Tim who started the LP wagon, who he agrees with?

Even if it's a joke I don't know why he's joking with Tim about this. Tim asked Crab "who other than LP?" and Crab is just joking it off... Or he's implying Tim's intentions are bad which, again, why if they're presently in agreement?

It's a super awkward exchange and I think they're both scummy for it, Crab being the scummier of the two.

Also I think mafia must be voting for LP right now, going down the whole list:

Is mafia ouro voting timeaisis for wrong reasons? Note ouro isn't lying, he's just wrong plain as day about a bunch of details. Don't think this is mafia play.

Is mafia Timeaisis voting gorlak for being too defensive? I think probably not because Time is right, gorlak has been having a fit about me since the 1st hour and hasn't really done anything else.

Is mafia squid voting kyan? Swuid's perspective on LP seems town, mafia squid has nothing to gain defending LP.

Is mafia gorlak voting me? Probably, but there's a chance he could just be biased and bad.

I think mafia has votes down somewhere, there's nowhere else other than LP who, again, I'm now thinking is town. I think Crab is mafia and conveniently found a way onto an easy wagon.

Vote: Crab

Timeaisis

That could be why crab has been so quiet lately. He found an easy wagon and posting more would just draw more attention to himself and his reasoning, so he's content to coast after some posts of substance yesterday.

CCS

Banned
I'm open to voting for Crab if it comes down to him v someone else, given my scum reads are only tentative.

Timeaisis

Who else do you read as scum CCS? Squidy for his weird quietness?

I still like gorlak best for today. He's done almost nothing this phase except defend himself heavy against bats, and hard I might add.

CCS

Banned
Who else do you read as scum CCS? Squidy for his weird quietness?

I still like gorlak best for today. He's done almost nothing this phase except defend himself heavy against bats, and hard I might add.

He's my main one, also I kind of fancy an early lynch of a very quiet player to try and make people post more so scum can't hide between inactivity.

UNVOTE

I'm town reading gorlak, ouro, and to a lesser extent melon at the moment.

Agreed something feels off about Squid. Also a little wary how Haly has disappeared after dropping so much shade. Felt Time was a little aimless but recently he has picked up the slack and has been more actively engaging people.

I'm leaning town on Kyan and Gorlak and obviously CCS. And maybe Bats.

Crab, I don't know how to interpret and so I'm blind there.

Not sure what is going on with Ouro. Maybe an off day?

Waiting forever on LP.

batsnacks

I think squid is town I see no benefit in defending LP if he's mafia, especially when LP isnt bothered with defending himself.

batsnacks

What do you think of his lack of opinion towards us?
Who cares

No one cares about us but you lol

No one voted you because of what I said, no one voted me because of what you said and it was in the first 60 minutes of play people moved on

Gorlak

Banned
and i could ask why gorlak wants to kill me but i get the feeling i know the answer

You feel different. You try to engage, but it's looking halfhearted, you gave a readlist and revert to your occasional shitpost. I don't know what to make of it, my gut tells me you are more likely to not be town.

batsnacks

I think the most substantial remark we got was "huh bats looks like he's shooting in the dark here" and "huh gorlak is awful defensive about this"

Kawl_USC

Agreed something feels off about Squid. Also a little wary how Haly has disappeared after dropping so much shade. Felt Time was a little aimless but recently he has picked up the slack and has been more actively engaging people.

I'm leaning town on Kyan and Gorlak and obviously CCS. And maybe Bats.

Crab, I don't know how to interpret and so I'm blind there.

Not sure what is going on with Ouro. Maybe an off day?

Waiting forever on LP.

Damn I see that shade of not even mentioning me.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm quiet because work is busy and I can't post as much until about 6 PM UK time. Let me read through everything else and I'll respond shortly.

Gorlak

Banned
Who cares

No one cares about us but you lol

No one voted you because of what I said, no one voted me because of what you said and it was in the first 60 minutes of play people moved on

lol

people don't give opinions about ongoing things. who cares. who cares that this is what you do in mafia.

let's mark him as town for defending lp, because it's so anti. let's forget he barely posted anything else.

Gorlak

Banned
Ourobolus - to get this straight: you vote timeaisis because you think he is bussing lp. from your view lp is goon and time scum with a power? I'm missing the obvious evidence you got. Is there anything besides your gut that justifies this series of assumptions?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Waiting for crab's post before I consider changing my vote.

I'm starting to come around on Gorlak, and Kyan's fluffiness is a red flag as well. I think LP would be defending himself harder if he was really scum so it reads vanilla town to me.

Waiting for crab's post before I consider changing my vote.

I'm starting to come around on Gorlak, and Kyan's fluffiness is a red flag as well. I think LP would be defending himself harder if he was really scum so it reads vanilla town to me.

To me, LP's behavior is consistent to what I saw from him in Pixar. There he also didn't do much to defend himself and that was before I copped him. This disappearing act also isn't doing him any favors.

Gorlak

Banned
czartim started with some fluff posts
and was the first one to call LP out for his unvote
and keeps discussing with him, 'till he gets a read list out of lp

he engages people, asks different things, gives his opinion and tries to put the discussion forward. won't vote him.

Alright I'm back. What do you want first? Defensive answers to D1 pressure, or more evasiveness?

Vote: melonrabbit

Seems to be in everyone's blindspot and if it wasn't for all her "waiting for LP" she'd be super-quiet.

Alright I'm back. What do you want first? Defensive answers to D1 pressure, or more evasiveness?

Vote: melonrabbit

Seems to be in everyone's blindspot and if it wasn't for all her "waiting for LP" she'd be super-quiet.

I like you to answer my questions. You aren't the only one I've asked questions of, just the only one that wanted an extra day to dodge them.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
First, I think CzarTim understated my contribution. My postcount might not be high, but in terms of generating lines of discussion, I've already done considerably more than a number of comparable players. For example, Ourobolus had 35 posts and has done almost nothing, and Lone_Prodigy has done nothing except issue a suspect vote, retract it, and flail. I think this is patently obvious to anyone bothering to examine the game on any level more deep than the number of times they saw a particular username.

Secondly, I actually posted my version of batsnack's chart before I saw CzarTim's post - it was a response to batsnacks, and I used CzarTim's picture because I last played with him in Danganronpa, where he was a dick. The fact it also acted as a response to CzarTim amused me, and caused an unacceptable degree of levity in a game which should be taken with utmost seriousness, for which I issue my sincerest apologies.

Thirdly, I'm not going to be giving large read lists on Day One. I have minimal information, and so they're probably wrong. More worryingly, to the extent they're right, they allow mafia to correct their play so they move out of my suspiscions, and we don't have enough material on record I'd necessarily be able to detect sich a change in behaviour.

My vote isn't changing from Lone_prodigy untul I have a response. However, for the selection of players I do have enough information to comment on, I will have another post shortly.

Kyanrute

Alright, thanks for playing ball.

Kyan, you still slumming around here?

Why no active vote?

I was here when you made this, wanted to keep this open for a bit further to see if anyone bites. Nobody did boo.

The reasoning is at least implied in my previous posts but obviously it was unsure if I still thought what I thought back then. I did when I saw this post and still do. There is no active vote yet because my opinion at this point is easily swayed by even a single post. I tend to hoard my vote unless I have super strong feels about someone. Looking for them feels now, using Time as the baseline.

Gorlak

Banned
To me, LP's behavior is consistent to what I saw from him in Pixar. There he also didn't do much to defend himself and that was before I copped him. This disappearing act also isn't doing him any favors.

Care to elaborate the similarities that make you lean scum on him? Other than no defense, which I disagree with you. He certainly tried to explain himself and only ever reacted to Tim after 4(or so) prompts with the readlist.

I still have no opinion on LP. I always scum read him because of his coasting approach to every game. The unvote could be a scummy action trying to get out of the spotlight before anyone remarks what he did or just an honest worry. Or something to make himself look active and caring, but that concern probably always goes through his mind because of his low activity style. Can't make up my mind.

Kyanrute

You feel different. You try to engage, but it's looking halfhearted, you gave a readlist and revert to your occasional shitpost. I don't know what to make of it, my gut tells me you are more likely to not be town.

This I think is a very reasonable read and goes beyond what I was expecting. Has the gut mention ofc but I feel I've had a bit harder time than usual making reads. Up to you all to decide if I am being genuine or not.

Top Bottom