• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

desa

Ninja Scooter said:
What if he no-shows the fight? Dana had no choice really.

Given his history of missing press conferences but always showing up to a fight, I wouldn't worry about that. I've always known about his social anxieties and why he acts the way he does in his interviews. I think Dana should have talked to him first before taking that kind of action. Hell, if Nick came at Dana with his problem, he could have worked something out. Like a live cam from his stockton gym or some shit for the pressers lol

I'm just a little bitter that I won't get to see this fight.

yacobod

Banned
desa said:
Given his history of missing press conferences but always showing up to a fight, I wouldn't worry about that.

wrong, clearly he was ducking the fight, just like he was ducking MW king mayhem miller.

charsace

desa said:
Given his history of missing press conferences but always showing up to a fight, I wouldn't worry about that. I've always known about his social anxieties and why he acts the way he does in his interviews. I think Dana should have talked to him first before taking that kind of action. Hell, if Nick came at Dana with his problem, he could have worked something out. Like a live cam from his stockton gym or some shit for the pressers lol

Its in his contract so I think he did talk to Nick.

Heel

desa said:

Dana talked with Nick and set the ground rules for his return to the UFC. He went against them in his first fight out the fucking gates. They even let him slide on the first no-show. I would've loved to have seen the fight, more than GSP vs. Condit even, but he got what was coming to him. The blame rests solely on Nick. You can't let the inmates run the asylum.

Norml

yacobod said:
what in the world makes you think diaz ducked mayhem? mayhem is an irrelevant middleweight. Cesar Gracie explains here.
And wasn't Miller banned or something by Showtime after the Shields thing.

Heel

dream said:
meh, he's already beaten Renzo and Rodrigo, both significantly better Gracies than Royce,

This only adds to the nuts factor, brah.

I'd like to see the Melendez fight, but the timing doesn't make a lot of sense. I doubt Gil is ready for a fight when he's planning to fight in December. Especially a debut against Penn at who know what weight.

Who knows though? I'm really curious to see what Dana comes up with.

yacobod

Banned
a truly nuts opponent for BJ imo would be a middleweight. bj isn't afraid to test himself, and has fought well above his natural weight on many occasions.

maybe its a legends fight with like Wanderlei or maybe somebody else.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
dream said:
Fellow Sports Entertainment Fan yacobod might be on to something. BJ vs Anderson. Believe.
BJ is already preparing.

FqxoP.jpg

dream said:
Fellow Sports Entertainment Fan yacobod might be on to something. BJ vs Anderson. Believe.
That's the only feasible thing I could think of that would be "nuts". And BJ would be slaughtered.

TheNatural

My Member!
CaptYamato said:
I've been saying this along. Make it a fight for the strikeforce belt and hype the winners of GSP/Condit and Penn/Diaz as a unification match or a two title fight.

Isn't the point of him not being on the card is if he's unstable enough to no show $15,000 worth of flights and lie to Dana's face, he could no show the fight itself? That's why he got axed from the fight, they're not going to put him in another fight until he stops acting like a pussy.

sien916 said:
Dana talked with Nick and set the ground rules for his return to the UFC. He went against them in his first fight out the fucking gates. They even let him slide on the first no-show. I would've loved to have seen the fight, more than GSP vs. Condit even, but he got what was coming to him. The blame rests solely on Nick. You can't let the inmates run the asylum.
The NBA would have fined a player for this kind of behavior, they wouldn't have taken a team out of the finals and replace it with another one.

polyh3dron said:
The NBA would have fined a player for this kind of behavior, they wouldn't have taken a team out of the finals and replace it with another one.

.....cause they cant. UFC can do what the f*ck they want in this case so they will. Ground rules were set and Diaz broke them.

DKehoe

Ben Henderson's manager has requested that the fight with Guida is a hair vs hair match.
I'm not kidding.

ShaunBRS

DKehoe said:
Ben Henderson's manager has requested that the fight with Guida is a hair vs hair match.
I'm not kidding.
I've always said that Ben Henderson should never have dealt with Vince Russo in the first place.

yacobod

Banned
Sinatar said:
Can Lesnar go 25 minutes without getting punched in the face? I doubt it.

lesnar probably has a better chin than overeem. if reem ate the hard shots by carwin or cain he would be KTFO.

desa

DKehoe said:
I'm not kidding.

The battle of the long curly hairs. I got Bendo. His looks better than Guida's cave man style. Guida should put his in a ponytail too.

Boogie

Man, the day after, I still can't believe how absurd yesterday was. I think Diaz' YouTube video really capped the day and put it in to all-time hilarity status.

yacobod

Banned
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
I gotta take my creatines :(

Still trying to pretend its yummy cordial.

How hard is it to mix 5g of creatine in a drink, wolf it down son. I had 3 hardboiled eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, a banana, a yogurt, and a pot of coffee to fuel my hate today lol.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
and cormier is just a fat lhw like fedor

kyle did rock bigfoot but i haven't seen anything in cormier's arsenal that would indicate he can do that. only question is can he take down a 280+ dude

thefro

BigKaboom2 said:
Bigfoot gets no respect:

Antonio "Pezao" Silva -155

Daniel Cormier +125

Cormier's undefeated, trains with Cain, and is the best wrestler in the heavyweight division (an Olympian).

WrikaWrek

Banned
You know Bigfoot isn't even that big, Werdum is as tall as him.

But this Cormier cat is shorter than me, and no amount of fat will help him.

thefro said:
Cormier's undefeated, trains with Cain, and is the best wrestler in the heavyweight division (an Olympian).
Silva has only lost a razor thin decision to Werdum (I refuse to acknowledge the Eric Pele fight), trains with Rashad and Nog, and will outweigh Cormier by 40+ pounds.

Top Bottom