• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the Pein arc as well. The only turn off was the animation side of the fight. lol

I never saw it animated. I used to have all the volumes of Narutobefore I donated them to the Children's hospital. For some reason the Pein/Pain arc resonated with me a bit more as far as what to expect in a Mangaverse. The powerups and the feel of imminent death and despair. It's kind of what drew me into other Anime/Manga like Attack on Titan.

Trey

I still love the Chunnin Exam. In fact, that stretch from Chunnin Exam to the end of the Sasuke Retrieval mission was the series at its best.

Maybe a few things I wish would have happened differently (Kishi's refusal to do anything interesting with Sakura, the Sasuke Retrieval arc ending with zero casualities), but that's just me. Overall, that was good shounen.

Agreed. Every character got some burn, there was tension, everyone's personal life maxim still meant something, the power levels weren't completely out of whack, the story still made sense, there was still mystique to the universe, progression was still a concept.

When Gaara and Sasuke fought at the five Kage Summit and they didn't show any of it, it really felt like Kishimoto's priorities were off. You can't just abridge that shit. Given part 1, it could have been important moment but it didn't have any purpose in the bigger picture (which as it turns out is batshit crazy) so no time was wasted on it.

Sasuke retrieval arc was probably the last time this was really good. The Chōji and Neji fights, Rock Lee/Gaara vs. Kimimaro. The side character stuff used to be really enjoyable

Tagyhag

People really asking how it can continue?

You forget Kaguya wants to build an army for something?

Alien arc incoming.

I really wouldn't put it past Kishimoto

Yeah the scale just seems to get bigger and bigger, it's Dragonball Z/GT all over again.

I can see it being an army of alien ninjas or just one big baddie alien.

Galang

Banned
Can't believe the manga is seemingly almost over. I remember being so excited when Sakura actually got to do something useful and fight Sasori. I only read up to the Pain arc, but I was disappointed how quickly she was cast aside after that. I'm assuming it's the same deal throughout. Otherwise I was overall really disappointed in the timeskip aside from the beginning arc and the Pain Arc.

Raonak

Banned
Pain Arc was the best. Goddamn, I have fond memories of that. so fucking epic.

The decline in quality is astounding... But I can't give up. need to see it through to the end.

I really think they should've done a second timeskip after the pain arc. or just ended it there.

hamchan

Glad it's nearly over, not so glad at the execution. I feel like this Kaguya stuff has came out of nowhere and I would have just preferred a simple Madara final boss and Naruto vs Sasuke battle for the end.

When Gaara and Sasuke fought at the five Kage Summit and they didn't show any of it, it really felt like Kishimoto's priorities were off. You can't just abridge that shit. Given part 1, it could have been important moment but it didn't have any purpose in the bigger picture (which as it turns out is batshit crazy) so no time was wasted on it.

Sasuke retrieval arc was probably the last time this was really good. The Chōji and Neji fights, Rock Lee/Gaara vs. Kimimaro. The side character stuff used to be really enjoyable

They didn't fight at the summit. Gaara tried to talk Sasuke down because he was Naruto's best friend and he did not want to have to kill him. He even sheds tears when he realizes that Sasuke will not change his mind, but Sasuke runs away from him when given the chance and ends up fighting A, and Gaara stops A from killing him.

Village

Can't believe the manga is seemingly almost over. I remember being so excited when Sakura actually got to do something useful and fight Sasori. I only read up to the Pain arc, but I was disappointed how quickly she was cast aside after that. I'm assuming it's the same deal throughout. Otherwise I was overall really disappointed in the timeskip aside from the beginning arc and the Pain Arc.

Sakura is a conundrum.

It feels like kishimoto wants to redeam her, and then when it doesn't work he shits on her again.

My favorite ark was when everyone and then Naruto was like " sakura, STAHP. "

Heroman

Banned
You thought Sakura would be useful.
3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

Pain Arc was the best. Goddamn, I have fond memories of that. so fucking epic.

The decline in quality is astounding... But I can't give up. need to see it through to the end.

I really think they should've done a second timeskip after the pain arc. or just ended it there.

Sage mode could have been taken a lot further I think. It was better than Kurama mode to me.

Majine

Banned
Naruto's new ability to heal and ressurrect people is the most half-assed plot device in order to recycle characters. It was never shown in Madara or Obito, and we've yet to see something equivalent in Sasuke, and I doubt we will.

I bet he will use that on Minato to bring him back to life or some bullshit.

They didn't fight at the summit. Gaara tried to talk Sasuke down because he was Naruto's best friend and he did not want to have to kill him. He even sheds tears when he realizes that Sasuke will not change his mind, but Sasuke runs away from him when given the chance and ends up fighting A, and Gaara stops A from killing him.
I remember them talking, cutting away to something else and when they cut back, sasuke mentioning how strong Gaara still was (or the other way around). Implying Sasuke at least attacked Gaara and Gaara defended himself. Whatever happened, it occurred off panel (which is what bugged me) Its been years, I could be wrong

Point being, they skipped over what could have been the interesting part. Those were the two characters the audience had familiarity with and their fight during the chunin exams was never finished. It just showed how focus was in a totally different place in part 2

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
Naruto's new ability to heal and ressurrect people is the most half-assed plot device in order to recycle characters. It was never shown in Madara or Obito, and we've yet to see something equivalent in Sasuke, and I doubt we will.

I bet he will use that on Minato to bring him back to life or some bullshit.

Naruto seems way more hax than Sasuke at the moment.
What did sasuke gain? The ability to teleport short distances...

I remember them talking, cutting away to something else and when they cut back, sasuke mentioning how strong Gaara still was (or the other way around). Implying Sasuke at least attacked Gaara and Gaara defended himself. Whatever happened, it occurred off panel (which is what bugged me) Its been years, I could be wrong

Point being, they skipped over what could have been the interesting part. Those were the two characters the audience had familiarity with and their fight during the chunin exams was never finished. It just showed how focus was in a totally different place in part 2

In the anime, they briefly clash, but nothing so severe as to be classified as a fight.

Gaara stops Sasuke from killing all the samurai with his sand. Sasuke attacks with his Susanoo, Gaara defends himself and warns Sasuke to stop before he has to kill him. Sasuke refuses, Gaara cries, and moves to actually fight him for real, but Sasuke flees and subsequently gets bodied by every single kage at the summit.

The 5 Kage summit was a great arc. It really showcased how powerful the other characters were before the power creep set in.

... Danzo sucked, though.

Only thing that makes this take forever is there are entire chapters dedicated to a character doing a single move or something. Not often is there prolonged movement/actions taking place. It's like Kaguya does this! Everyone reacts! Chapter over.

Anyone think Sasuke and Naruto will actually end up fighting when this war is over? It doesn't even make sense any more lol. I don't even think they are going to keep their power ups.

AGITΩ

Kaguya's presence and Madara's very anticlimactic demise seems very shoehorned. They Introduce her one chapter in a backstory and then like 2 chapters later BAM she's suddenly the Villain, I was like...wut? All this hype and buildup for Madara just for that, he better come back and be the one to Finish up and/or absorb her or something.

AGITΩ;119711009 said:
Kaguya's presence and Madara's very anticlimactic demise seems very shoehorned. They Introduce her one chapter in a backstory and then like 2 chapters later BAM she's suddenly the Villain, I was like...wut? All this hype and buildup for Madara just for that, he better come back and be the one to Finish up and/or absorb her or something.
Lol, Orochimaru will be the one true villain left standing when everything is over.

And he will conquer all.

Furyous

My only real regret with the series is the focus on Konoha. Where's the hidden cloud equivalent of Sasuke or Itachi? I'd love a hidden cloud spin off at some point. There's potential to DBZ this manga if they want to. Is there a bleach equivalent to this post?

Heroman

Banned
Only thing that makes this take forever is there are entire chapters dedicated to a character doing a single move or something. Not often is there prolonged movement/actions taking place. It's like Kaguya does this! Everyone reacts! Chapter over.

Anyone think Sasuke and Naruto will actually end up fighting when this war is over? It doesn't even make sense any more lol. I don't even think they are going to keep their power ups.
They have to figth, they have been hype it up for fucking 10 years.

Azulsky

There is probably going to be some mush where killing off her means the death of chakra.

Kusagari

That's my main problem with how things have gone since Kaguya has taken over. She just kind of floats there, slowly warping around or changing the environment. Considering she's by far the strongest thing in the manga it just seems so lackluster compared to what Madara, the Juubi, Hashirama, etc have done.

As for Naruto and Sasuke, it's been briefly focused on that Sasuke has some kind of idea for how to reform the ninja system after the battle ends. Knowing Sasuke it's probably going to be something stupid and that's why he and Naruto will clash.

AGITΩ

There is probably going to be some mush where killing off her means the death of chakra.

Which causes the end of the ninja world and a need for Hokages, clans and anything of the sort, with the series ending on a "This is a mere glimpse at our world 2000 years into the future where we have found and lost a cursed power"

Is the guy even a bad guy these days. His new attitude seems to be fuck it ima watch what happens.
Only because he's not powerful enough to do anything as of right now.

But he is still very much evil. I will not accept that after hundreds, maybe thousands of lives he has taken due to his greed and ambition, that he will simply give up and be normal.

After everything is over, he will either have to atone for all the crimes he's committed, or he will seize the moment and do some real damage

Orochimaru is not the type to simply lie down and give up, so his only choice is the latter.

He will strike when the opportunity presents itself, and steal Sasuke's eyes/body/whatever.

It will be glorious. He and Naruto will fight to the death, winner take all. When they lose to Naruto's plot armor, Sasuke will simultaneously be absolved of all his sins in death and Oro will finally be gone.

Then after the time skip Konohamaru will be revealed to have become Hokage because he's the greatest ninja there is.

This is the only ending I will accept.

Azulsky

AGITΩ;119711693 said:
Which causes the end of the ninja world and a need for Hokages, clans and anything of the sort, with the series ending on a "This is a mere glimpse at our world 2000 years into the future where we have found and lost a cursed power"

Well I mean ultimately their whole violence cycle rests on the fact that they are enabled by magic and now you have several people wandering around on demigod tier so it would make sense.

EhoaVash

Man I naruto is like some kind of drug to me. I can't stop reading new chapters no matter what.

Madaras demise was so shoehorned in. Manga is close to the end but there's still stuff we don't know like why kaguya is building a army , what happened to the 6 sages brother and when will hinata have narutos babies ;d

But he is still very much evil. I will not accept that after hundreds, maybe thousands of lives he has taken due to his greed and ambition, that he will simply give up and be normal.

This is the only ending I will accept.
I feel like they were emphasizing his interest in Sasuke's new path to show that he doesn't really care about his evilness any more. I also thought they made a point to show that he isn't sure about taking Sasuke's body and his reaction to Kabuto and whatnot. They also keep showing the more caring side of him lately like when he helped heal Tsunade and when he was sad about Jiraya's death.

Obviously it could all be a ploy and he will try to manipulate Sasuke one last time when this war is over but I just don't see it.

Mortemis

Banned
What is everyone's best guestimation on when this will be over?

With all these twists, honestly this can go on for a while. If Kaguya really is the final villain, then I say this arc will be over by the end of the year/beginning of next year. Unless Kishi is gonna have another long arc after this, I say the manga ends right after this arc. This should be over in first half of 2015 at least.

So basically, soon unless Kishi pulls some new twist again.

cyborg009

Banned
Man I naruto is like some kind of drug to me. I can't stop reading new chapters no matter what.

Madaras demise was so shoehorned in. Manga is close to the end but there's still stuff we don't know like why kaguya is building a army , what happened to the 6 sages brother and when will hinata have narutos babies ;d

Didn't know about this one.

Seriously why did they drop this.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I dunno, I'd argue that until the end of the Kazekage rescue arc was the series' height. Hidan/Kakuzu and Pain were good, but I feel like the series had started to lose some "soul" by that point and didn't have the draw that it used to. Anything involving Itachi has always been good, however.

This current arc has gone kind of wild with its God themes and the reincarnation and whatnot, but I'm still interested in seeing Kaguya be defeated and I think she's a good final villain for the series.

She was first mentioned in chapter 646, which came out September 10th of last year (2013). Naruto debuted in 1999.

Final villian shoudl have been the sage, not his mother.

lol abit of bad timing to make a thread when the manga has gone off the rails. :(

but manga has pretty much gone to shit after sasuke left and mangaka couldn't figure out what to do with him (probably with much pressure from publishers and what not).

best fight was against the immortal scythe dude imo.

Still think asuma was gimped as fuck. fucking chakra blades and buddha fists that didn't do shit.

I feel like they were emphasizing his interest in Sasuke's new path to show that he doesn't really care about his evilness any more. I also thought they made a point to show that he isn't sure about taking Sasuke's body and his reaction to Kabuto and whatnot. They also keep showing the more caring side of him lately like when he helped heal Tsunade and when he was sad about Jiraya's death.

Obviously it could all be a ploy and he will try to manipulate Sasuke one last time when this war is over but I just don't see it.

Yeah I understand that. Problem is, after everything is over, I doubt everyone will go and forget about everything he's done. He can't just be all "welp, don't wanna be evil anymore guys." And that's that. Neither can Sasuke.

Of course, everyone is ignoring it for now because of the pressing matter at hand, but after? Unless Orochimaru WANTS to atone for everything he did - which I doubt - then it'll go back to business as usual. Sasuke has proven to be much more powerful than Itachi now, so it would make sense to take him now. After their fight with Kaguya, he'll be distracted/incapacitated and it'll be the perfect opportunity.

I'll be incredibly saddened if the series ends without Orochimaru reclaiming his mantle as the big bad of the series. He's in the perfect spot to betray everyone now. If Kishimoto wastes this opportunity...

I don't know what I'll do.

Didn't know about this one.

Seriously why did they drop this.
It does seem kind of random. I can't remember but didn't Hamura appear in one of the flashbacks or something in a recent chapter. I figure Kishi will somehow fit in more backstory for him. It's weird that we got something on Kaguya/Hagoromo/ashura/indra yet Hamura is like hai guyz I exist -_-

I stopped giving a shit about this war when they brought back Zabuza. So much disrespect to his death and one of my favorite arcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom