• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 |OT| CC2 Doing Pierrot's Work

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I would actually recommend just reading the manga. The anime is a slog that isn't even done yet, and generally speaking, doesn't really matter to the story. The manga will be over much quicker and is more painless to the experience. If you want to watch THE LAST afterward, it up to you

Also, don't read the gaiden or 'boruto', a bunch of shameless set up for more milking that stuff is

mcz117chief

I would actually recommend just reading the manga. The anime is a slog that isn't even done yet, and generally speaking, doesn't really matter to the story. The manga will be over much quicker and is more painless to the experience. If you want to watch THE LAST afterward, it up to you

Also, don't read the gaiden or 'boruto', a bunch of shameless set up for more milking that stuff is

I heard that Naruto series is full of filler episodes which is honestly something I enjoy. A bit of a cooldown period between two big events is something I always liked. Like for example Rurouni Kenshin, which only has about 4 big stories with the rest just being "fillers", is one of my favourite anime series (my favourite episode in the series is probably The Legend of the Fireflies which is a filler). Of course I don't know what kind of quality the fillers are in Naruto but in Kenshin, Fairy Tail or Berserk it is really good.

I heard that Naruto series is full of filler episodes which is honestly something I enjoy. A bit of a cooldown period between two big events is something I always liked. Like for example Rurouni Kenshin, which only has about 4 big stories with the rest just being "fillers", is one of my favourite anime series. Of course I don't know what kind of quality the fillers are in Naruto but in Kenshin, Fairy Tail or Berserk it is really good.

Well you're going to be getting much more than "a bit" with this anime lol

Mendrox

I heard that Naruto series is full of filler episodes which is honestly something I enjoy. A bit of a cooldown period between two big events is something I always liked. Like for example Rurouni Kenshin, which only has about 4 big stories with the rest just being "fillers", is one of my favourite anime series. Of course I don't know what kind of quality the fillers are in Naruto but in Kenshin, Fairy Tail or Berserk it is really good.

As you could have seen in my post before:

How do I know which anime is canon and which isn't?

Here: http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/naruto-shippuden

But the anime is still not finished after almost two years (end of manga). Just read the manga please.

About half the anime is filler. About half of these fillers are bad and about a fourth is very bad. The last fourth is very good though.

Edit: Oh..so you like Kenshin filler (which almost immediately killed the anime back then) and Fairy Tail. Berserk didn't have filler. So Naruto filler is made for you. Like really brain dead shit here and there, but with some good stuff (Chikara Arc e.g.)

mcz117chief

As you could have seen in my post before:

Here: http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/naruto-shippuden

But the anime is still not finished after almost two years (end of manga). Just read the manga please.

About half the anime is filler. About half of these fillers are bad and about a quarter is very bad. The last quarter is very good though.

I saw it and I apologise for not acknowledging you. Thank you for the link, but what I thought Psycho Mantis was saying is that there are some straight up bootleg or completely out of the loop series that just don't count, since I always considered filler canon.

Berserk didn't have filler.

It actually does. There is one entirely filler episode in the 90s anime that isn't present in the manga and there is a lot of side stories in the manga itself which could easily be considered filler

I heard that Naruto series is full of filler episodes which is honestly something I enjoy. A bit of a cooldown period between two big events is something I always liked. Like for example Rurouni Kenshin, which only has about 4 big stories with the rest just being "fillers", is one of my favourite anime series (my favourite episode in the series is probably The Legend of the Fireflies which is a filler). Of course I don't know what kind of quality the fillers are in Naruto but in Kenshin, Fairy Tail or Berserk it is really good.

Sadly the filler in Naruto is mostly bad. The studio struggles to write the characters properly and often contradicts the manga. If you want some light hearted stuff theres the comedy series Naruto SD. Its pretty funny.

Only Naruto filler arcs I would recommend is Chikara and Kakashi Anbu.

I get the filler you're talking about, Naruto is just in a world of its own in regards to filler, there's only a couple of arcs which are actually decently written, the rest are wastes of time, I preferred the anime when I watched it (till like episode of 10x of shippuden(was reading manga at same time) - ignored alot of filler near the end of the original naruto series) , You can research up on filler arcs if you want and watch any that interest you, but they aren't standard filler in the original naruto series as everybody has re-iterated and are largely considered wastes of time. Here's a pretty good list :
http://www.narutoforums.com/threads/naruto-shippuuden-filler-list.501381/#post-23201968
It seems the shippuden filler is alot more lore based, compared to the original naruto filler,it seems more like the filler you enjoy, but the original series filler is mostly shit and I will 100% say don't watch that.
I'd say watch it but ignore the filler in the original naruto series at the very least and go back and watch the filler after unless you really want to see some of it, the manga readers never got any of the filler and it was a satisfying read for the most part. Some of the movies are great though so make sure you check those out.

Also, I haven't watched the original berserk anime but people say it's not a great adaptation, the latest one is just bad though. The berserk manga is great though, but some parts are just so brutal(I thought people were overhyping this part and I still do to an extent but there are moments which are just fucked.)

bunkitz

So, ah, any word on a complete edition? I used to go crazy over the Ultimate Ninja series, but I guess after Storm 2, hype was slowing down in general. I still love that crazy orange ninja, though, of course. Shame the sequel manga is weird and shit.

Oh, and I assume the left/right combos are still not in this game?

SoulUnison

Banned

I still can't believe they didn't get more shit over this.

Characters don't have incredibly deep movepools in this series, anyway, and then they cut off 25% of your ground combo options out of sheer laziness. Seriously. They didn't want to have to do as much work when creating new characters, but they didn't want the legacy characters to have greater variety, so they retroactively gimped the entire roster to hide how little effort they wanted to make going forward.

As for the "Complete Edition" comment, there was a listing that popped up for "Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy" a while back, so there might be some sort of remaster coming - but it would probably only be Storm 1, 2 and 3, not 4, Revolution or Generations.

Inuhanyou

I still can't believe they didn't get more shit over this.

Characters don't have incredibly deep movepools in this series, anyway, and then they cut off 25% of your ground combo options out of sheer laziness. Seriously. They didn't want to have to do as much work when creating new characters, but they didn't want the legacy characters to have greater variety, so they retroactively gimped the entire roster to hide how little effort they wanted to make going forward.

As for the "Complete Edition" comment, there was a listing that popped up for "Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy" a while back, so there might be some sort of remaster coming - but it would probably only be Storm 1, 2 and 3, not 4, Revolution or Generations.

Good on that, those two games were utterly pointless and ruined a lot of momentum the ultimate ninja storm series had, they were the anime filler of the ultimate ninja storm series.

Without those two entrees, the numbered entrees could have felt a lot more fresh with what they introduced as opposed to half the new characters being introduced in those filler games.

Mendrox

I saw it and I apologise for not acknowledging you. Thank you for the link, but what I thought Psycho Mantis was saying is that there are some straight up bootleg or completely out of the loop series that just don't count, since I always considered filler canon.

It actually does. There is one entirely filler episode in the 90s anime that isn't present in the manga and there is a lot of side stories in the manga itself which could easily be considered filler

Your definition of filler is strange lol

Annnd yes you are right about the 90s anime I forgot. :)

So, ah, any word on a complete edition? I used to go crazy over the Ultimate Ninja series, but I guess after Storm 2, hype was slowing down in general. I still love that crazy orange ninja, though, of course. Shame the sequel manga is weird and shit.

Its not written by Kishi unfortunately. Well I'm glad theres a conclusion with Boruto the movie. The anime is finally reaching the end as well.

Mengetsu

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-09/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-4-gets-road-to-boruto-update/.106267

Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Gets 'Road to Boruto' Update

This year's 41st issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is revealing on Monday that Bandai Namco Entertainment will release an update for its Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 game titled Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Road to Boruto. The update will be available as a physical copy as well as a DLC update for the game, and the package edition will ship on February 2 for 6,800 yen (about US$66). Although the game has PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC versions, the magazine lists only a PS4 version for the update. The announcement doesn't give a price for the DLC content only.

The first-print limited edition of the physical game bundle will include a soundtrack for both the original game and the update, as well as a reversible box cover. The update will allow players to play through the story of the Boruto manga. Those who attend Tokyo Game Show 2016 later this month will be able to play a demo of Sasuke vs. Kinshiki, which appeared in Boruto Naruto the Movie.

Seijuro

Finally got it in the mail yesterday (PS4). Currently finishing the adventure mode in UNS 3 Full Burst, but then it's on to this game. I'm mostly in it for the story modes, but will dabble in online mode nonetheless. How is the community? Is it still somewhat active?

Finally got it in the mail yesterday (PS4). Currently finishing the adventure mode in UNS 3 Full Burst, but then it's on to this game. I'm mostly in it for the story modes, but will dabble in online mode nonetheless. How is the community? Is it still somewhat active?

Online has a lot of lag unless you're with green bar opponents. Community is still there and things will get more active with the new expansion.

Vic_Viper

Thinking about getting this UNS soon but can't decide if I should just get it now since it's only $20, or wait for the eventual version that includes everything. When the Road to Boruto comes out are they doing a version that includes all the DLC plus the expansion?

Also would anyone mind giving me a rundown/timeline of the Ultimate Ninka Storm games arcs compared to the anime. Really just want to know what 3 and 4 cover. I think 3 starts with Pain and ends right before the Ninja War, and 4 covers it till the very end? I never finished the anime, got to right at the beginning of the War and stopped since it was all filler.

How did people feel about the still cutscenes in 4? Were there any animated scenes? Do any of the games cover the Kakashi back story plot line?

Yeah wait for the updated version.
Iirc 3 ends with Tobi confronting Naruto? It does deviate from canon. UNS4 starts with the war and ends with the manga end, though its a very thin adaptation as many scenes are left out. The still cutscenes only last till a 1/3 of the way (or less) and its all 3D animated after that.

Vic_Viper

Yeah wait for the updated version.
Iirc 3 ends with Tobi confronting Naruto? It does deviate from canon. UNS4 starts with the war and ends with the manga end, though its a very thin adaptation as many scenes are left out. The still cutscenes only last till a 1/3 of the way (or less) and its all 3D animated after that.

Thanks. Do we know if they are going to do one that has everything? And if so will it come out the same time as the expansion?

RootCause

is this the largest roster to date?

I bought it a while back on steam, but I haven't tried it out since I'm still way behind with the anime.

Inuhanyou

Just wanna say that they added in some extra options for the PC players including 60fps.

they fixed their engine? interesting.

Also glad there is a GOTY edition, might pick that up and just ignore the boruto stuff

Just wanna say that they added in some extra options for the PC players including 60fps.

And of course, since these are japanese devs, not everything is smooth. Substitution gauge recovery rate is tied to framerate and in 60 fps mode, subs are regained twice as fast

And of course, since these are japanese devs, not everything is smooth. Substitution gauge recovery rate is tied to framerate and in 60 fps mode, subs are regained twice as fast

Lol, wut? I guess I appreciate the option, but if it breaks one of the game's central mechanics what's the point?

Tried it out for a minute or two. Feels a little awkward at 60fps. Probably because the entire engine was built around 30fps. I'm guessing the inputs are still 30fps which is probably what made it feel off.

Bought the disc one, since it got a new disc art and cover. Someday Ill get revolution though I passed on it for a reason I cant remember.

C3xj_3rXAAAPVQp.jpg:small

Is the Dlc on psn yet?

Nvm found it

What's pretty much in this?

And is it all worth it?

Adult Sasuke (new moveset)
Adult Sakura (costume)
Adult Naruto (new moveset)
Boruto (new moveset)
Sarada (new moveset)
Mitsuki

Boruto movie campaign and adventure mode. Overall, definitely not worth it, They could of done a proper expansion with all the new gen, updated Adult movesets for K12 and new Ougi's but they went cheap.

Sesha

They're likely waiting to update the movesets of the future versions of existing characters for the Boruto game which is almost assuredly in development. But the lack of Momoshiki, Kinshiki and other potential additions (Toneri, Shin) suggests the DLC was poorly thought out.

There is currently no boruto game being worked on btw.

Cc2 taking a naruto break.

Cool, now they can work on Dragon Ball.

If only...

Anyway, 19,99€ is really too much for the Boruto DLC but I don't like Boruto that much so it's not a big deal.

It's really time for CyberConnect2 to move on, can't wait to see what's next for the studio beside Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Pein

Banned
Somebody else is on Dragon Ball.

I think they are more fitting but don't expect a Naruto type game. Xenoverse sort of fits that bill already.

Yeah and its not like xenoverse isn't super popular.

I'd like a switch version of naruto storm I miss portable versions of naruto games so bad.

Inuhanyou

Really?

I hope we get Boruto games, I so want to play as him.

We need a Generations 2.

I hope they generally move away from Naruto as i generally dislike the series itself at this point and would see them better expend their talents on new IP or more deserving anime franchises they can put their own spin on.

They've done enough Naruto for an entire generation at this point and its pretty much a dead horse, bring back dot hack or work on another anime that could get a cool over the top campaign mode

I hope they generally move away from Naruto as i generally dislike the series itself at this point and would see them better expend their talents on new IP or more deserving anime franchises they can put their own spin on.

They've done enough Naruto for an entire generation at this point and its pretty much a dead horse, bring back dot hack or work on another anime that could get a cool over the top campaign mode

Who's going to buy a dot hack game in 2017? Theyll get significantly less sales.

Top Bottom