• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 |OT| CC2 Doing Pierrot's Work

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Who's going to buy a dot hack game in 2017? Theyll get significantly less sales.

That's why you reintroduce the brand through a remaster collection of the original.

After they are done with FF7R, they will have absorbed tons of technical knowledge and experience from SE proper and UE4 as an engine for realistic graphical expression, to blow past simply being relegated to games from well past expiration date anime franchises.

This also has a knock on effect of fully honing their gameplay systems as well in the combat and RPG space, something they have lacked ever since they stopped actually making RPGs.

they could essentially do whatever they wanted to, including making their own brand new game, like Asura's wrath but way better.

The possibilities for their expansion are a lot more interesting than putting them back on Naruto games.

Again, this doesnt mean they have to abandon anime games entirely, they can work on plenty of other up and coming franchises that could even gain a lot of traction from the fact that they work on it, in a clear reversal of just getting sales from a popular franchise.

Adult Sasuke (new moveset)
Adult Sakura (costume)
Adult Naruto (new moveset)
Boruto (new moveset)
Sarada (new moveset)
Mitsuki

Boruto movie campaign and adventure mode. Overall, definitely not worth it, They could of done a proper expansion with all the new gen, updated Adult movesets for K12 and new Ougi's but they went cheap.
Do you get preorder Boruto, Sarada and Sixth Hokage Kakashi?

Sesha

A new Naruto game is as inevitable as the tides. The franchise still makes money. I can believe they are taking a break from the series though. There's also not enough Boruto story to adapt into a new game.

I hope they generally move away from Naruto as i generally dislike the series itself at this point and would see them better expend their talents on new IP or more deserving anime franchises they can put their own spin on.

They've done enough Naruto for an entire generation at this point and its pretty much a dead horse, bring back dot hack or work on another anime that could get a cool over the top campaign mode

What anime would they work on? Dragon Ball, One Piece, JoJo and SnK are covered, and there's no current anime comparable to those there's anywhere near Naruto's popularity. My Hero Academia and Seven Deadly Sins are the closest I can think of.

A new Naruto game is as inevitable as the tides. The franchise still makes money. I can believe they are taking a break from the series though. There's also not enough Boruto story to adapt into a new game.

Thing is, if they change the formula I don't think I'll be satisfied. Is it perfect? Far from it, but it's solid now and the level of fan service and spectacle is unmatched.

While I'm sure if they change to another fighting style it'll be fun, but I'd really be just fine if the storm formula went forward with variations being a different concurrent series. That's not realistic though.

Inuhanyou

What anime would they work on? Dragon Ball, One Piece, JoJo and SnK are covered, and there's no current anime comparable to those there's anywhere near Naruto's popularity. My Hero Academia and Seven Deadly Sins are the closest I can think of.

It doesn't have to have inherent popularity. Jojo is pretty low key for a series they work on. It just has to have some sort of fanbase they can make a good game out of. And that will actually raise interest in the series itself and not just the other way around, having to depend on an external series's popularity

I hope they generally move away from Naruto as i generally dislike the series itself at this point and would see them better expend their talents on new IP or more deserving anime franchises they can put their own spin on.

They've done enough Naruto for an entire generation at this point and its pretty much a dead horse, bring back dot hack or work on another anime that could get a cool over the top campaign mode

No way. Naruto is timeless, and its popularity is almost second to none even 2 years after its ending. The UNS series has sold nearly 15 million, pretty much unprecedented for a anime fighting series. Naruto's universe has an appeal that many other anime's just can't replicate, especially on that level.

CC2 will probably take a break due to FF7R and other projects but when they come back I hope they change the formula (they did say UNS4 was the last Storm game). An open world Naruto game with customisable characters would sell gangbusters.

Do you get preorder Boruto, Sarada and Sixth Hokage Kakashi?

I think so.

Inuhanyou

No way. Naruto is timeless, and its popularity is almost second to none even 2 years after its ending. The UNS series has sold nearly 15 million, pretty much unprecedented for a anime fighting series. Naruto's universe has an appeal that many other anime's just can't replicate, especially on that level.

CC2 will probably take a break due to FF7R and other projects but when they come back I hope they change the formula (they did say UNS4 was the last Storm game). An open world Naruto game with customisable characters would sell gangbusters.

Namco bandai can put a lesser known dev on Naruto then, if they are so content to milk an IP riding on brand awareness and number of people who realize its existence alone.

I mean DBZ has gotten terrible games for a long time now, same with one piece, and their popularities are far past Naruto.

Riding on merchandise old franchises's popularity that are well past their prime are generally why things are in a rut in Japan creatively IMO. People stick to what they are emotionally attached to, not what is good objectively, and that's an issue for these mainstream shounen in general

But went off on a tangent. Bottom line, CC2 specifically can put their talents to other uses, supporting Naruto's merchandising line has nothing to do with them and more to do with Namco Bandai the corp

Namco bandai can put a lesser known dev on Naruto then, if they are so content to milk an IP riding on brand awareness and number of people who realize its existence alone.

I mean DBZ has gotten terrible games for a long time now, same with one piece, and their popularities are far past Naruto.

Riding on merchandise old franchises's popularity that are well past their prime are generally why things are in a rut in Japan creatively IMO. People stick to what they are emotionally attached to, not what is good objectively, and that's an issue for these mainstream shounen in general

But went off on a tangent. Bottom line, CC2 specifically can put their talents to other uses, supporting Naruto's merchandising line has nothing to do with them and more to do with Namco Bandai the corp

One Piece isn't even close Naruto in global popularity. Best selling OP game struggled to make 1 million+ sales, while Naruto has become a yearly franchise with 2 million+ each entry.

NB wants to make money. Naruto makes more money than any show you mentioned in video games. Like I said, the thing with Naruto is that even if it ends its popularity will remain to a sizeable extent. Its as mainstream as a shounen can get, think of DBZ. Regardless if the series will continue, NB will continue making games for it as fans exist to buy it.

Also CC2 dev team are massive fans of Naruto manga. Thats probably a big factor as well. Either way, despite there being so many Naruto games, I think there's still a lot of potential for the franchise in the video game world.

Inuhanyou

One Piece isn't even close Naruto in global popularity. Best selling OP game struggled to make 1 million+ sales, while Naruto has become a yearly franchise with 2 million+ each entry.

NB wants to make money. Naruto makes more money than any show you mentioned in video games. Like I said, the thing with Naruto is that even if it ends its popularity will remain to a sizeable extent. Its as mainstream as a shounen can get, think of DBZ. Regardless if the series will continue, NB will continue making games for it as fans exist to buy it.

Also CC2 dev team are massive fans of Naruto manga. Thats probably a big factor as well. Either way, despite there being so many Naruto games, I think there's still a lot of potential for the franchise in the video game world.

I wasn't talking about those franchise's game sales but their overall popularity as franchises, which matters more to their merchandise support.

"Being massive fans" of the naruto manga also means little to whether or not they want to continue making games indefinitely for it. They may be a business, but they are also a development house and the fact that they are going in a different direction now and expanding is only a good thing IMO

I wasn't talking about those franchise's game sales but their overall popularity as franchises, which matters more to their merchandise support.

"Being massive fans" of the naruto manga also means little to whether or not they want to continue making games indefinitely for it. They may be a business, but they are also a development house and the fact that they are going in a different direction now and expanding is only a good thing IMO

Same thing applies for other mediums. Anime sales, manga sales, movie sales, video game sales, Naruto's only competition overseas is DBZ for shounen.

Dev team enjoys making Naruto games. NB wants them to make Naruto games for the money. I fail to see the problem here. You do understand that this isn't the last Naruto game they will make and a different direction will most likely be taken as this is the final Storm game.

So what do you guys think? Is the DLC worth $20? Haven't heard really that much about it.

No.

MORE jojo is what they should work on imo...the ps4 one is held back a lot by it being a ps3 game. I want to see some of the UNS4 style mega team up attacks with characters like Pucci or Gyro/Johnny.

Slaythe

Just FYI, Dragon Ball makes a lot more money than Naruto as of 2016 2017.

SoulUnison

Banned
And of course, since these are japanese devs, not everything is smooth. Substitution gauge recovery rate is tied to framerate and in 60 fps mode, subs are regained twice as fast

I KNEW SOMETHING WAS OFF!
I was struggling to get opponent's down to 0 subs even playing at my very best with maximum pressure.

So is Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Road to Boruto just ninja storm 4 repackged with all the same content plus new content ?

SoulUnison

Banned
Has the Road to Boruto/60 FPS update made the game glitcher and more crash-prone for anyone else?

Since the updates hit there's several battles in Story Mode where the screen turns black for a while, as though the game is losing track of assets or placing some filter too close to the camera, and playing Online I seem to crash every 20 minutes or so. Hopefully this gets fixed in a patch that also fixes the 60 FPS Substitution glitch.

Vic_Viper

Got UNS4 with the Season Pass during the last Steam Sale and still havent installed it yet. Wanted to finish the story mode from 3 first and got distracted.

Does the Road to Boruto expansion have its own story mode? And is it more similar to the story mode from 3 or 4? As in is it full cutscenes most of the time or is it mostly still images like in 4? The whole still image thing is a huge factor into why I havent started playing it yet also. Was such a bummer that they would finish the series without going all in.

Got UNS4 with the Season Pass during the last Steam Sale and still havent installed it yet. Wanted to finish the story mode from 3 first and got distracted.

Does the Road to Boruto expansion have its own story mode? And is it more similar to the story mode from 3 or 4? As in is it full cutscenes most of the time or is it mostly still images like in 4? The whole still image thing is a huge factor into why I havent started playing it yet also. Was such a bummer that they would finish the series without going all in.

Cutscenes are only still images for the beginning. Though they missed a ton of scenes and misrepresented certain parts.

Boruto the movies shits all over CC2's piss poor expansion.

Top Bottom