• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 |OT| CC2 Doing Pierrot's Work

SoulUnison

Banned
I love how we're 6 games into this series and they never bothered to fix how people online can completely cheese out the movement systems by just block-bunny-hopping all over the place. It's not even a strategy so much at it's taking advantage of a quirk that the lock-on and movement systems just aren't equipped to handle.

So after all this time you still get people who do nothing but jump block, turtle and spam high-tier supports, and then if they get close to losing they've probably got a Susano'o or two on their team that can win matches just by getting moderately close and mashing B/O to victory.

Like...Jesus Christ. Who programmed these giant Awakenings and thought "Yeah. This is fun to fight against."

All the awesome cinematic camera angles and combos are ruined because it's "better" to just play in a way that makes you look like a twitchy moron.

Supports need to take at least twice as long to recharge as they do, too, but that's been a problem since the very first game.

Susanoo is OP but I think it can also be a weakness. People often do not block with it, its less agile, a bigger hitbox and waste subs quickly with them (they appear in front of you iirc rather than behind meaning it will continue to get caught in your attack if done properly).

I think the best awakenings are the characters that just get a straight up power boost. Neji, Sakura, Gai, Lee etc

Mediking

Why exactly does Sakura love Sasuke so much? I remember a time when Naruto was the guy who really liked Sakura but gave up on her when he realized she was obsessed with Sasuke... and instead of getting upset about it... he was happy because he sees Sasuke as his best friend.

Chunin Exam Sauke is best Sasuke. Everything else about that guy is cringeworthy. Kishimoto is the one who REALLY loves Sasuke. I don't how a writer can devote so much time and effort around a character that takes up multiple plot lines behaving the same way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEpj7admZx4&feature=youtu.be

Shikamaru DLC trailer

Why exactly does Sakura love Sasuke so much? I remember a time when Naruto was the guy who really liked Sakura but gave up on her when he realized she was obsessed with Sasuke... and instead of getting upset about it... he was happy because he sees Sasuke as his best friend.

Chunin Exam Sauke is best Sasuke. Everything else about that guy is cringeworthy. Kishimoto is the one who REALLY loves Sasuke. I don't how a writer can devote so much time and effort around a character that takes up multiple plot lines behaving the same way.

Adult Sasuke is best Sasuke.

March 8th huh

That Hokage ultimate looks insane

They're kind of being assholes with the Naruto and Boruto ultimate considering people buying this might not even have Boruto

SoulUnison

Banned
March 8th huh

That Hokage ultimate looks insane

They're kind of being assholes with the Naruto and Boruto ultimate considering people buying this might not even have Boruto

Uggggh, so the DLCs really are just going to be a series of Adventure Mode missions with none of the "cool" "spectacle" boss battles the game is known for.
Especially disappointing when Storm 3's Full Burst DLC was one of the longest boss battles in the series.

And they hold costumes (most of which were already free or DLC in previous games) and Ultimates hostage with them.

Also, LOL at there being an Ultimate that you can't even use if you didn't preorder.

Pretty damn scummy, Namco.

Finally opened and started my copy and just did free battle. How do I change costumes again?

Anyway, my favorite is always original kid Naruto, Naruto Uzumaki 2K Barrage FTW. Too bad Im really rusty struggled against Second Mizukage (free battle).

Finally opened and started my copy and just did free battle. How do I change costumes again?

Anyway, my favorite is always original kid Naruto, Naruto Uzumaki 2K Barrage FTW. Too bad Im really rusty struggled against Second Mizukage (free battle).

In the character select screen, use R2/L2 iirc.
I love how kid characters are still viable. Been using Team 7 genin a lot online.

I love how we're 6 games into this series and they never bothered to fix how people online can completely cheese out the movement systems by just block-bunny-hopping all over the place. It's not even a strategy so much at it's taking advantage of a quirk that the lock-on and movement systems just aren't equipped to handle.

So after all this time you still get people who do nothing but jump block, turtle and spam high-tier supports, and then if they get close to losing they've probably got a Susano'o or two on their team that can win matches just by getting moderately close and mashing B/O to victory.

Like...Jesus Christ. Who programmed these giant Awakenings and thought "Yeah. This is fun to fight against."

All the awesome cinematic camera angles and combos are ruined because it's "better" to just play in a way that makes you look like a twitchy moron.

Supports need to take at least twice as long to recharge as they do, too, but that's been a problem since the very first game.

it's why is stick strictly to player fights. those ranked matches are bullshit

Most popular characters PS4 WW:

LSDLtvJ.jpg

OeP7KcR.jpg

Not surprised by number 1. My favourite as well.

I'm enjoying trying to S Rank the story missions, but some are pretty brutal. Might not be able to do them all but I'll do as many as I can. Haven't played a Storm game since 2 and I've been having a blast with this.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Just got it today ( only played the mainline storm games)

I'm enjoying it so far but the lack of I game cutscenes I really bothering. Just having stills from the anime is not enjoyable at all.

Still go the season pass as I had money on my loyalty card. Going for the platnium

SoulUnison

Banned
So I had a really weird experience a few nights ago on PC.

So the PC version, for some reason, has no ability to disable Voice Chat. You could disable it in Storm 3 and Storm Revolution by pulling the Right Trigger on a controller, but there's just no button or functionality for it, so now you have to listen to your opponent's heavy breathing, or loud music, or just maddening static for the entirety of your matches with people.

That's not what was weird, though.

So I'm playing this guy, and I have my microphone devices disabled on the hardware level when I play, so that nobody has to be annoyed by the feedback issue, but this guy must have his speakers right next to his mic, or something, because I can hear everything happening on his end plain as day. We're having a decent match and I use a Linked Ultimate to finish things, and it connects. I'm feeling pretty good about it until I realize I'm hearing different things from his end.

On MY screen I connect with the Linked Ultimate and that's the end of the match, but on HIS side I can hear that I DIDN'T connect with the Ultimate and bounced off his block, so while I'm watching the finisher on my end I can hear him going "What the hell? You just give up?" as I just stand there and he punches me a few times until I die. Then while I'm looking at the "Victory" screen I hear him *also* get the "Victory" screen with his characters.

So...I won the match on my end, but he won the match on his end. It's like there was a split-second de-sync where the game didn't agree whether he managed to block that one critical attack or not.

Seik

Banned
Just got it today ( only played the mainline storm games)

I'm enjoying it so far but the lack of I game cutscenes I really bothering. Just having stills from the anime is not enjoyable at all.

Still go the season pass as I had money on my loyalty card. Going for the platnium
I had the same fears when I started the game.

All I can say is, don't worry, it gets better and it's not that bad at all.:)

ramyeon

Finally got around to beating the story mode.

Holy crap that final fight. I actually just read through the Shippuden manga for the first time after getting this game, I had dropped Naruto ages ago. I really enjoyed it - but this final fight is everything I envisioned it as in motion. There were some weird changes but also some great ones. The way Naruto's breathing came through the DS4 speaker was genius, also the flashes of their fights through the series and then again during their last attacks. So well done.

The blackened arms instead of actually losing their arms was stupid as though - looked really silly.

Shikamaru's Tale Extra Scenario Pack (DLC 1)
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...pack/cid=UP0700-CUSA02412_00-NARUTOUNS4DLC006
- Shikamaru's Tale Extra Scenario
- Hokage Naruto
- 4 x Combination Secret Technique
- 1 x Item Set
- 10 x Ninja Info Cards
- 10 x Matching Voice
- 10 x Costumes from previous games

Akatsuki Combination Secret Technique (Season Pass/ All Pack Exclusive)
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ique/cid=UP0700-CUSA02412_00-NARUTOUNS4DLC009
The Akatsuki Combination Secret Technique comes from the Akatsuki shinobi. You will receive this combination secret technique if you purchase the Season Pass or if you buy all 3 DLC packs.

Altairre

Holy crap that Akatsuki combo ultimate. Probably the longest in the game but hype as fuck. I wish all the ults were of that quality.

Revven

『Inaba Resident』;197905483 said:
Well they were pretty upfront that it was just a costume

And not only that but Pajama Naruto for PTS Naruto does the same thing, he reverts to his orange jumpsuit when he awakens. Probably shouldn't be surprised that the model would revert to The Last version when he awakens. It's jarring but it is what it is.

Speaking of Naruto; in the flashback of Madara v Hirashima, why did Madara become a junchuriki by just absorbing the nine-tales rather than just using his own chakra to summon and control it?

With that amount of chakra and his own he might've beat Hirashima and changed the course of history

emag

If I wanted to re-watch/re-experience the whole Naruto series in a recapped/abridged format, can I jump in with UNS4 or should I pick up an earlier game in the series? Does each game cover different chapters/arcs?

(I'm up to date on the anime.)

ramyeon

If I wanted to re-watch/re-experience the whole Naruto series in a recapped/abridged format, can I jump in with UNS4 or should I pick up an earlier game in the series? Does each game cover different chapters/arcs?

(I'm up to date on the anime.)
UNS4 only covers from midway through the 4th Great Shinobi War to the end of the series. So yeah, each game covers a different arc with this being the final.

jorgejjvr

Look for it in the psn store. It's separate.
Yeah I downloaded it already, I mean in the game, who do I have to pick and how do I activate the special?

Do I pick any random team of akatski characters? Do I select somewhere wish special to pick? I'm not sure

Slaythe

Yeah I downloaded it already, I mean in the game, who do I have to pick and how do I activate the special?

Do I pick any random team of akatski characters? Do I select somewhere wish special to pick? I'm not sure

You need 3 akatsuki members, doesn't matter which form.

Nagato doesn't count.

ramyeon

I installed the DLC but I can't see any of the new stuff in game... Is there something I need to do?

Edit: Had to restart my PS4 to get it to pop up in game, weird.

Slaythe

Best in the Storm series, but Narutimate Hero? Nya. :) Too simple for that.

Narutimate series used to place characters in completely random stages and not the stage you were fighting in, completely ruining the immersion IMO. In the first ones they just had a generic colored background but at least it worked.

SoulUnison

Banned
Narutimate series used to place characters in completely random stages and not the stage you were fighting in, completely ruining the immersion IMO. In the first ones they just had a generic colored background but at least it worked.

Yeah but their expansions on the canon abilities of characters was top-notch.
They were aces at coming up for "cool" things to do that didn't disagree with the character's presentation in canon.

Narutimate Storm 4 and 5 had some cinematically beautiful Ougi scenes for characters.
TS Sasuke and Asuma's Firewall Wind-Fist are standouts to me.

Top Bottom