• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 |OT| CC2 Doing Pierrot's Work

Been dabbling with Shisui Uchiha and I'm loving him!!!

Been using a whole Uchiha clan(noobin it)

Shisui, Sasuke(the Last), and Madara(reanimation release)

Madara's "Perfect Susano-o" is the dopest ultimate Jutsu

Also adventure mode isn't that bad

Revven

So is this best played on PC or PS4?

They've been patching the PC version as it wasn't very well optimized when it released so I'd assume PS4 is still better. But that's just what I read, I'm not sure how much the patches have improved things on PC.

Wow, now I see why they use anime stills for most cutscenes now. In-game cutscenes look like trash. UNS3 with SS looks waaay better than this. You'd think they'd go all out what with this being the last of the mainline Naruto games

I've noticed something. If you have one sub left, its better to eat the damage or play defensively till you get near two subs, as the meter seems to fill really quick after that point. If you waste your last sub it takes a longer time, and if you repeat it again it seems to take an even longer time, allowing people to combo you to death.

SoulUnison

Banned
Man, I really don't get some of the things they removed over the course of the series.

Like, I bet there's more than a couple dozen stages missing from this game, and some of the removed stages had some of the best music, too.
Why even bother removing stages? They obviously don't care that Character Select ison, like, five separate pages, now, so why trim stages instead of justgiving us "Stages, Page Two?"

Hidden Sand Gate
Training Field (Evening)
Hidden Leaf Forest (Evening)
Inn Town
Samurai Bridge (Below)

ESPECIALLY Training Field (Evening).
That's the stage that they showed off in the original Storm 1 reveal trailer like a decade ago, and it's the stage from the very first playable demo, too.
To me, it has the most iconic musical theme of the whole series.

And what happened to jutsu clashes?
They've been missing since the very first game and then, ironically, part of the final Naruto VS Sasuke fight shows they're still in the engine, perfectly intact, just not utilized for anything except a single Story Mode QTE.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
They also got rid of permanent awakening(choosing awakening characters) and separate ultimate jutsu for awakening and normal versions of said character.

I actually liked instant awakening in UNS3 as well..dunno why they got rid of it...cause they would have to make more powerful health awakenings on top of that?

Revven

Man, I really don't get some of the things they removed over the course of the series.

Like, I bet there's more than a couple dozen stages missing from this game, and some of the removed stages had some of the best music, too.
Why even bother removing stages? They obviously don't care that Character Select ison, like, five separate pages, now, so why trim stages instead of justgiving us "Stages, Page Two?"

Hidden Sand Gate
Training Field (Evening)
Hidden Leaf Forest (Evening)
Inn Town
Samurai Bridge (Below)

ESPECIALLY Training Field (Evening).
That's the stage that they showed off in the original Storm 1 reveal trailer like a decade ago, and it's the stage from the very first playable demo, too.

To be fair... it's not really "removed" so much as it is just not ported over. It takes time and resources to port stages and characters over. Hell it may not even be as simple as porting, it could be that they had to remake stuff again 1:1 -- we don't really know.

I don't think it's fair to say it's removed content when the content didn't even exist for Storm 4 itself. It's not the same product, it's a new product with many of the previous games' content ported over to it.

What would you rather have? More new stages with plenty of old stages (like what we have right now) or all of the old stages ported over with very few new ones (fewer than we have right now)?

SoulUnison

Banned
To be fair... it's not really "removed" so much as it is just not ported over. It takes time and resources to port stages and characters over. Hell it may not even be as simple as porting, it could be that they had to remake stuff again 1:1 -- we don't really know.

I don't think it's fair to say it's removed content when the content didn't even exist for Storm 4 itself. It's not the same product, it's a new product with many of the previous games' content ported over to it.

What would you rather have? More new stages with plenty of old stages (like what we have right now) or all of the old stages ported over with very few new ones (fewer than we have right now)?

It's the music that really gets me.
Most of the best music in the series were on stages that don't exist anymore.

Honestly, it'd solve all my issues if the game just had some sort of Smash Bros.-style "My Music" feature.
You don't need to "port" music from previous versions. You almost literally just need to drop some extra MP3s in the game.

Hopefully the sound data in this game isn't stored in such an obtuse way as it was in 3 and Revolution.
Maybe it'll be possible to at least replace stage music with custom tracks, at some point.

Completely forgot about this theme. Brings back memories of the first game.

And what happened to jutsu clashes?
I guess it was too hard to implement for online play with all the lag? Theyve also shortened the Ultimate Jutsu animations stating that they broke the 'flow' of the game as they were too long which i disagree with. The first storm game had some of the best looking Ultimates of the series.

Slaythe

Bullshit 59658408084% .

Everything they "did not port" is in the fucking game still...

You can see them in adventure mode / story mode and other retarded things like that. There's even costumes that you can not get, like PTS Sasuke with the sleeves, even though you can fight him.

So how long is this game, campaign-wise, for a newcomer/first playthrough? I borrowed it from the library, but haven't had a chance to start it.

Revven

People don't play here anymore? :p

I've been busy and haven't really been interested in playing lately. And I was cleaning up Adventure Mode, I guess.

So how long is this game, campaign-wise, for a newcomer/first playthrough? I borrowed it from the library, but haven't had a chance to start it.

First time playthrough it around 8-10 hours, can vary depending on how long it takes you to beat some of the fights.

I've been busy and haven't really been interested in playing lately. And I was cleaning up Adventure Mode, I guess.

First time playthrough it around 8-10 hours, can vary depending on how long it takes you to beat some of the fights.

Thanks

Are they overly difficult? And are there difficulty options that can be adjusted in game?

Is anybody else stuck at 2000BP I won 10 matches in a row on ranked against people with lower and higher rank and I get 0 BP every time. When I eventually lost it deducted 12BP. I'm rank 5 and beat a player at rank 14 and only got 12 BP to get me back to 2000.

Starting to get annoyed...

Mediking

Just finished the story mode... WOW. This game is freaking amazing. My love for the Naruto series has grown. If Kishimoto really planned all this from the beginning... then that's crazy impressive. The moments where you played as Naruto against Sasuke just blew my mind. Actually... there was alotta jaw dropping moments because of how intense fighting got.

And the ending with Boruto... So good...

The only guy that annoyed me so much was Obito. Just go away. I do not like him at all. I liked him in his younger days but he was sooo annoying as he grew older.

Just finished the story mode... WOW. This game is freaking amazing. My love for the Naruto series has grown. If Kishimoto really planned all this from the beginning... then that's crazy impressive. The moments where you played as Naruto against Sasuke just blew my mind. Actually... there was alotta jaw dropping moments because of how intense fighting got.

The only guy that annoyed me so much was Obito. Just go away. I do not like him at all. I liked him in his younger days but he was sooo annoying as he grew older.

If you liked it so much maybe you should check out the last volumes of the manga. A lot of parts were missed out by CC2 as well as explanation.

Cilla

Obito is way better in the manga. CC2 let the story down. Definitely read the manga. :)

jorgejjvr

I haven't play for the past two weeks since I've been playing Smash, haha. If you're free on Saturday, I would like to play some matches to derust.
Message me whenever in psn to play

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Obito is way better in the manga. CC2 let the story down. Definitely read the manga. :)

You mean when Naruto called the guy instrumental to all of the horrible things in the manga the 'coolest guy' who killed an untold number of people because the girl he crushed on died when he was twelve?

Yeah...the manga is worse for dragging that nonsense out

jorgejjvr

You mean when Naruto called the guy instrumental to all of the horrible things in the manga the 'coolest guy' who killed an untold number of people because the girl he crushed on died when he was twelve?

Yeah...the manga is worse for dragging that nonsense out
Obito is a much more deep and psychological character than that

It's just everyone just chooses to focus on just Rin

That was the breaking point yes, but there's more to his character than that

Also, Naruto was referring to the real Obito, the one who wanted to become hokage

Not the guy in the mask who was being Madara

SoulUnison

Banned
Ugh, I hate how some of the removed stages show up in Story Mode, but we're just not allowed to select them for Free/Online Battle anymore.

Samurai Bridge (Below) is used in the Naruto VS Sasuke battle, for instance.

They could at the very least throw some past stages into those planned DLC packs, but no...

Top Bottom