• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 |OT| CC2 Doing Pierrot's Work

Impulsor

Picking this up on my way hook me. Collector's edition too! Yay
I can post some pics if anyone asks for it.

Impulsor

Only in Europe right?

Not out in NA until Tuesday 9th, and no collector edition that I'm aware of... :(
Yeah, here in Spain it comes out the 5th, but my favourite online shop from here sent it early and I have to pick it up on my way home from the delivery checkpoint.

Sai

Good job, Psycho_Mantis.

I wasn't sure about getting this at first. Ended up preordering the Digital Deluxe Edition on PSN, and snagging a new 1TB SSHDD for the space to install it, and Uncharted 4.

Which reminds me, that SSHDD should be arriving today, and I still can't find my old USB HDD to back-up my PS4's data... ;_;

Shall I put a list of online IDs in the OP? Naruto GAF tournaments :)

I've seen some streams where this guy was facing against an entire team of susanoos. RIP.

No.

Let's do it.

PSN: fireflys545

Can't wait to finally pick the game up.

Haven't played a Naruto game since the 2nd one.

Ricky 7

Is this game safe to play for people who only watch the anime and what to avoid spoilers? I've finished the Naruto manga but my brothers only watch the anime. I told them not to watch The Last but this game also seems to go up to that point.

Is this game safe to play for people who only watch the anime and what to avoid spoilers? I've finished the Naruto manga but my brothers only watch the anime. I told them not to watch The Last but this game also seems to go up to that point.

Tell your brothers that they can either wait another 4-6 months and hope canon returns or play the game to experience the story till the end of Shippuden.

tbd

Those graphics are so confusing. it looks amazing and bad at the same time. Can't even put a finger on it, maybe the polycount is kinda meh?

Anyway, I'll probably give it a try this time. It is 60 FPS on PC, right?

Snorlocs

Does anyone know if the xbox version holds up (good framerate + 900p or up)? I would love to buy it on that system.

mcz117chief

Is Laura Bailey doing the VO for Kushina?

Will buy if she does, will not if she doesn't so you guys better tell me she does!

MUnited83

For you.
Any word if PC framerate is locked to 30fps?

No confirmations either way yet. They did say they reworked their engine, that the engine was based on PC first and then ported onto consoles, and they claimed to target 60fps on the consoles back then, so I think it's fair to assume that the engine can support 60fps now.

However, don't hold your breath.

How does the MP work in this one?

Standard 1v1 affairs? Ranked matches? Lobbies?

Is it a balanced fighter? Is there skill to it ?

I'm curious since I saw this is as a $1000+ prize pool for an upcoming tournament event that also had Tekken, SF5, etc on the ballot.

Didn't play the last storm game but I believe the online is Ranked, Player Match, Endless, and Tournament mode.
Ranked against randoms for BP and I think its locked to team match (1v1 with 2 assists)
Player Match is against randoms or friends for no BP. Can be Single or Team Match.
Endless is a King Of The Hill type lobby I think (might just be endless from SF4)
and Tournament is self explanatory (though I hear they changed it and now it sucks)

Wouldn't say its balanced at all really. Each storm game has had some absolute dumb shit in it but there is at least some skill, especially with high level players. Execution wise, the game is pretty simple (though there are some deeper "techniques" that are still easy to use). The game is pretty much resource management at a fast speed. Managing your own resources while trying to make the opponent waste theirs so you can open them up. It isn't the deepest game but there is some depth there.

MUnited83

For you.

I'm curious since I saw this is as a $1000+ prize pool for an upcoming tournament event that also had Tekken, SF5, etc on the ballot.

It has 1v1, ranked and unranked, tournament and league modes, etc.

It's terribly balanced(and I do mean terribly), probably because of how huge the rooster is. There are definitely characters that are much much better than others.
That said, there's definitely skill to it when on equal ground.

Revven

How good are these games with story ? Is it just pure manga story or do they have filler ?

Pure manga, at least for Storm 4. Storm 3 had a sort of... "what-if" ending to it since it came out before the next major arc in the series.

It's 1v1 no matter what. It's like Marvel where you have three different characters and the other two are assists until you switch out to a different one. All chars share the same lifebar, though. You can also play with only two characters or simply no assists at all and just one character.

There are ranked matches but I don't know about lobbies in Storm 4. There are Endless Battle lobbies but I'm not sure about non-endless stuff. I think non-ranked (like casual matches) are lobbies but the online hasn't really been extensively talked about by Bamco or CC2.

Make no mistake, despite what the developers might tell you, this game is very unlikely to be balanced. Since it's a fighting game based off of an anime with over 110 characters... there's no chance it'll be balanced at all. There will definitely be some broken stuff in it or only like two characters that will be the best and all you'll see online. These games have suffered (in terms of online play) badly from assist spam or stupid broken stuff in the past and this one likely won't be any different -- they might patch things here or there but ultimately I wouldn't go in expecting anything to be remotely balanced.

These games are meant to be fanservice first. There is some strategy, obviously, but it's not going to be as deep as Street Fighter or even Smash Bros. These games thrive on simplicity.

The only reason I can guess as to why it has a $1,000 pot bonus for that one tournament is simply because it's a new game and maybe their region wanted to try it out. But again, these games are not really designed to be played in tournament or competitively. You can play them that way but they usually don't turn out well as competitive games.

Top Bottom